Home

NHL 14 Roster Tools

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Roster Tools within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA Sports NHL Roster Tools

Other thread was getting messy so decided to create a dedicated thread.

EA Sports NHL DB Patcher

It will extract your Xbox 360 or PS3 roster file and repack it. I haven't tested the 360 function as I don't have a 360 so let me know if it works. For PS3 you need to use bruteforce save data and decrypt the save file. Backup your save and copy the decrypted SYS-DATA to another location. You can then make changes using the other tool called Generic EA DB Viewer, and use the XML file I made. Feel free to keep editing the XML so that we can see all fields.

New - For PS3 Be A GM:
Select the folder where DATA files are. SYS-DATA will be created - select it in new window to extract. When patching use SYS-DATA file that was created in extraction process to patch.

Version 1.20
Version 1.10
Version 1.00

For X360, you need Horizon and extract the roster file first. Follow demolitionman's instructions.

NHL14 XML - 10-21-2013

Visit my site

Last edited by DPyro; 03-18-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

Re: NHL 14 Roster Tools

TY sir!

can you post the link for the generic ea db viewer, i still haven't located that link.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Generic roster editor here. My XML file is here.

EDIT: Updated version of EA DB Editor here.

Last edited by DPyro; 10-13-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
Pro

Okay, this seems to simplify everything substantially, but I still don't know how to do the basics that get me started.

HOW, exactly, do you use bruteforce save data to decrypt the save file? Also, the OP says that the tool will extract (and repack) the roster file. What is the difference between extracting it and decrypting it? What order do I do these in? I'm assuming extract it first, then use brute force to decrypt it (don't know how exactly I do that), then open it in the database editor. Also, what do I do with the XML? Do I need that? I thought the configuration I wanted to use was already included when I downloaded the DB editor.

I won't even bother asking about repacking the file until I actually get somewhere near that point in the process.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
Rookie

leafnut24's Arena

OVR: 2

Wow, I go away for the weekend, I come back, and see this. Awesome work!! Just curious, would this make it possible to create a work around for the cap limit?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #6
Rookie

Pppffff... cap limit?!?!?

You don't even need to make caps, just paste over a fake EA player.

Or did you mean the money cap? In that case it should because you are supposed to be able to edit contracts, but haven't seen that in any screenshots yet.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
Rookie

leafnut24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Pppffff... cap limit?!?!?

You don't even need to make caps, just paste over a fake EA player.

Or did you mean the money cap? In that case it should because you are supposed to be able to edit contracts, but haven't seen that in any screenshots yet.
It's been a long drive back from Guelph, probably the reason why I didn't think to just paste over another player. But having said that, is it possible to change generic cyberfaces?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #8
Pro

Out of curiosity, since I haven't been able to make any progress teaching myself to be computer/code literate yet, has anyone figured out if we can change existing players' faces? Just wondering if we can assign a different generic face that's more appropriate, which would absolutely make my year.

... I really need to figure out how to use this editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »