Home

Playing with Goalie Attributes EA Style

This is a discussion on Playing with Goalie Attributes EA Style within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #57
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Playing with Goalie Attributes EA Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
when I get home I'll try to play a 10 minute game..........
Awesome. When we'll see Boston going against some other team?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #58
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
Awesome. When we'll see Boston going against some other team?
When I get the edit the way I want and then will start to spread the love. Next step is to continue with the goalies, got a few more ideas to toy with.

Next is going to be to try off def at 99 99 and see how that looks. Always min max at the beginning. I have a feeling 99 99 is going to be super gluey if you will.

36 if really loose. I like it. But gotta try them all. Plus, cant get too much of a good thing.....GO BRUINS!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #59
Rookie

pm83's Arena

Great video shogunofharlem3! Both goals (against Rask) looked realistic. Really liked that there was no warping because without your edits we could probably seen some of that at 1st goal. And really liked the effort for the second goal! My favorite save was at 14:16 where Rask just came out to challenge and small that room. Other saves looked realistic too! I felt that goalies earned those saves.

Edit: forgot to mention. Yeah. You totally killed Iginla. Hahaha! Great hit.

Puck looked loose which made game more organic. I'm still not sure how 36/36 impacts on players behavior to find those deadly spots without puck but I definitely like what I saw when thinking about puck's "destination". Whenever I have time I will put these edits and get back to 14. Good job on that one also!

Will be waiting for next releases of this sweet stuff. Really liking what your sliders offer and was suprised how "normal" game felt with gamespeed maxed.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 1

Wow these look great. Hope theese edits can roll over for nhl 15 next gen.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #61
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
Great video shogunofharlem3! Both goals (against Rask) looked realistic. Really liked that there was no warping because without your edits we could probably seen some of that at 1st goal. And really liked the effort for the second goal! My favorite save was at 14:16 where Rask just came out to challenge and small that room. Other saves looked realistic too! I felt that goalies earned those saves.

Edit: forgot to mention. Yeah. You totally killed Iginla. Hahaha! Great hit.

Puck looked loose which made game more organic. I'm still not sure how 36/36 impacts on players behavior to find those deadly spots without puck but I definitely like what I saw when thinking about puck's "destination". Whenever I have time I will put these edits and get back to 14. Good job on that one also!

Will be waiting for next releases of this sweet stuff. Really liking what your sliders offer and was suprised how "normal" game felt with gamespeed maxed.
I agree but that is where I think the flaw lies. They made those high rated awareness players are dangerous by having the puck seek them out to force opportunites, essentially puts the game on rails. If you watch the videos, they are moving and in dangerous areas, problem is, the puck doesn't gravitate to their stick, putting the game in a sandbox if you will.

It now relies more on hands, puck control, strength, balance and shot accuracy.

So puck doesn't know where to go, good, it shouldn't, we need to differentiate dangerous players by upping those 5 attributes.

That is one of my many theories. There is a really good game to be had in here. Organic is the key. Nice word. We're gonna find it, and I'm going to enjoy it through the 15 season until I upgrade to One or PS4

And is it not ironic that the OS poll is about the awareness rating in Madden?

Just in in 2k sports games I found anticipation was a killer in both NHL and MLB. Maybe awareness is actually the EA killer

Edit:
Just played a game with a 99 99 edit for skaters. First test, yes, the puck remained undetermined, which is grat, but not so loose as players receive everything cleanly. Was very crisp saw some dekes, few lay down shot blocks but nothing I didn't see in 36.

The biggest thing is every pass is received whereas, on 36, good hands guys receive them better than others. This didn't really matter. But, the game played very cleanly. This would be a personal preference as to what kind of hockey do you like:
Loose and grinding
crisp and flashy

Both styles are good. Next stop, 50 50 and see if that gives us a mix. For me, I'm a grinder, I prefer the sloppy play of 36. Two each his own and we should be able to play the game the way we want. I'm doing my best extract the very solid game that I think is hiding in here.

EDIT 2:

FINALLY GOT MY GOALIE TO PAD STACK!!!!

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 08-08-2014 at 01:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 1

These goalies look better than anything i saw in 2k10.

You having any luck with creating a difference between guys who use diff techniques ? Or will this work like 2k10 where there all the same but u fix warping and a.i?
Old 08-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #63
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
These goalies look better than anything i saw in 2k10.

You having any luck with creating a difference between guys who use diff techniques ? Or will this work like 2k10 where there all the same but u fix warping and a.i?
Hitting me low there, my love for 2k10 goes deep but I'll let that slide.

I am still working on the edit. It isn't final yet. I just did a major change today that I am testing but am not sure if it is something that is set yet.

Basically the new edit pretty much totally eliminates the goalies, hard to explain. Example: Shot from right point, goalie makes save in middle of net sliding towards far post.

I have pretty much eliminated that totally, make them hold their ground on initial shots, then make moves for secondary chances.

As far as making them play differently. I will work on it, the 2k10 goalies did a bit as far as how deep or top of crease they played. Hands separated them, but, much like this game, I don't think we can create goalies with different styles.

We can differentiate them a bit through attributes though and try to force play styles. But, movement through attribute edits can only do so much. Would be cool if EA was checking out these edits to see what is cookin' here.

That being said, still early into this. Much like 2k10, I will try to give a range of which the attributes can be placed between to try to create a differentiation.

Also, the glove high, stick high edit doesn't affect movement, so gloves can always create a difference.........I just despise that high short side goal that works all the time.

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 08-08-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #64
Rookie

pm83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
.I just despise that high short side goal that works all the time.
Yeah. That's one of the biggest problems with goalies. Will 99 for glove fix it? Or atleast decrease the amount of them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »