Home

A plea/warning

This is a discussion on A plea/warning within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
A plea/warning

Hey guys,

After seeing the announcement for EA Access and how it affected the Madden forum, I've come here to give you guys fair warning and to ask you for something.

We all know that there is a game mode announcement coming from the NHL team this week. No one knows what it is. It could be what we hoped for, or it could confirm what we fear.

EITHER WAY, I am asking that you think before you hit the post button. There is currently a Zero Tolerance policy on the forums, which means if you post out of anger, there is a good chance you will be banned. Bans are PERMANENT, and under the TOS you aren't allowed to create another username.

Please, please remember this for when this announcement is made. There are a lot of long time posters in this forum, and your 'time' will not help you if you go on an nonconstructive rant attacking game devs.

My fingers are crossed for good news.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: A plea/warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Hey guys,

After seeing the announcement for EA Access and how it affected the Madden forum, I've come here to give you guys fair warning and to ask you for something.

We all know that there is a game mode announcement coming from the NHL team this week. No one knows what it is. It could be what we hoped for, or it could confirm what we fear.

EITHER WAY, I am asking that you think before you hit the post button. There is currently a Zero Tolerance policy on the forums, which means if you post out of anger, there is a good chance you will be banned. Bans are PERMANENT, and under the TOS you aren't allowed to create another username.

Please, please remember this for when this announcement is made. There are a lot of long time posters in this forum, and your 'time' will not help you if you go on an nonconstructive rant attacking game devs.

My fingers are crossed for good news.

Just to avoid getting banned, I assume when you say posting in anger. You mean no swearing and what not? correct.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #3
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybaker
Just to avoid getting banned, I assume when you say posting in anger. You mean no swearing and what not? correct.
Swearing, bashing devs, ranting and raving.

If you aren't being constructive, don't post.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Post Re: A plea/warning

Thanks for the heads up
Old 08-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #5
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Developers are the wrong guys to vent frustration at anyway. I am sure they want to put what they want into the game, but ultimately what goes in, and what gets held out is a decision made above them. The Dev team may also not have recieved an adequate budget or manpower to get everything they wanted in. Even though the dev team is a part of EA, they are a small studio that has to follow the instructions, and work with the budget that the parent company gives them. Anger vented at the development team would only be misplaced anger anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #6
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Developers are the wrong guys to vent frustration at anyway. I am sure they want to put what they want into the game, but ultimately what goes in, and what gets held out is a decision made above them. The Dev team may also not have recieved an adequate budget or manpower to get everything they wanted in. Even though the dev team is a part of EA, they are a small studio that has to follow the instructions, and work with the budget that the parent company gives them. Anger vented at the development team would only be misplaced anger anyway.
You think big wig execs dictate game modes? I doubt they barely know anything about the game.

Given that FIFA will still have Pro Clubs in their game (and didn't even take it out for FIFA 14 next gen) I think it's safe to assume it's up to NHL team's leads to decide what game modes are in the game and not a decision from up high.

But as we saw with the achievements list I find it very unlikely that the mode or anything like it is in the game. Some of us have gone through this pain before with NBA 2K12 suddenly having lost their EASHL equivalent without any note from the devs.

It's finally coming back in 2K15.. but so far only for last gen (don't ask).
Old 08-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

I must have missed an announcement or something. what is it that everybody is fearing? or will get mad about?
Old 08-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 2

ok , I just read ,no gm connected or eashl in the game(supposedly).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »