Home

How is the game play in NHL Legacy

This is a discussion on How is the game play in NHL Legacy within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #17
Rookie

Södy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is the game play in NHL Legacy

So after playing 14 for a few days again I find it more fun than the current gen iterations. However it has some flaws. I looked into NHL Legacy and wanted to know if these things are in / fixed compared to 14:
Bouncing puck?
The monster hits in NHL14? I have around 2-3 of them per game where the body is flying over the ice
Hybrid Icing and 3on3 OT
I also heard the gameplay is subtle improved. Is Legacy worth 10-15 bucks?
Old 09-04-2016, 06:35 PM   #18
Rookie

bingyp's Arena

Bouncing puck is gone.
Hybrid icing and 3v3 OT is there.
Hitting is very similar.
Game play is very similar.

Overall, very familiar and very similar to previous games. Watch a few videos to check on the hitting and overall game.

Add in custom music, easy editing and sharing of rosters, I think it is a far more mature product and a much better hockey game than 16.

I'm sure you can get your money's worth for the price you mentioned.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:18 PM   #19
Rookie

Orrad's Arena

I have played the hell out of NHL Legacy Edition (as a matter of fact, I just bought another copy for my PS3 because I wore out the disc).

The game plays like previous PS3 versions, and some of the bugs still exist, like the Live The Life issue where when you are about to start your shift, and the player who is coming off the ice is stuck behind the opposing teams net.

In my opinion, it is a lot more fun than NHL 16 on the PS4.

I just got NHL 17 for the PS4 (I love the create a team feature) and I am waiting until the season starts to really get rolling with it.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 35

It's only $10 on Xbox Live this week, so I might pick it up. The last hockey game I had was NHL 11, but it would be nice to have a newer version for my 360 in case I get the itch to play hockey sometime.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:02 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

In case anyone is still interested the Xbox 360 version can be purchased as a digital download through Amazon for about $10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 01:54 AM   #22
Rookie

Bergertron37's Arena

Here's a question for anyone familiar with and who has put a lot of time into NHL Legacy, I suppose specifically the PS3 version.

There was a bug that was fairly widespread involving a bug when playing through a full season in the CHL with a created player in Live The Life. I had read on multiple forums that it was a cross-platform bug in both XB360 and PS3.

Essentially in my first handful of playthroughs, I would get to the middle of November or so and it would freeze the NHL 15 when simulating between games. It kind of put a damper on my gameplay, as I really love developing young players in sports games, but am relegated to playing the Memorial Cup/Draft route as opposed to playing in a junior league and really accumulating the XP.

I guess the question is if that bug is fixed in Legacy over NHL 15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »