Home

Old 07-30-2019, 01:18 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox 360-Legacy Texture modding

I made a tool to patch rx2 files from tga source (no more hex editing). I updated OP for links.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #10
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raupe
I made a tool to patch rx2 files from tga source (no more hex editing). I updated OP for links.
You are not receiving enough credit for the work you do raupe! I'm monitoring this thread, i have been waiting a long time for someone to make tools for this. Will give feedback when i have found the time away from my kids to actually try this out!
Old 08-11-2019, 03:26 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erzon
You are not receiving enough credit for the work you do raupe! I'm monitoring this thread, i have been waiting a long time for someone to make tools for this. Will give feedback when i have found the time away from my kids to actually try this out!
Thank you, if there is anyone here who is interested I want to share my information I finally got rgh modded console and modifying the game is much easier because the game works with extracted big archives. Just extract big file and move folders in the games root folder and then remove extracted big file. For example modding rendering textures extract nocacherender.big and cacherender.big to same folder and copy the folder in the games root folder. Then move nocacherender.big and cacherender.big away from the root folder. There is a list of all the files inside the archives in attachment.

I'm trying to find a way to mod the files for retail consoles but I have not succeeded. I installed the game from disc to hard drive and then try to replace modded file in data0000, data0001, data0002Ö files with hex editor. I found the chunklzx compressed rx2 files in data000x but when replacing it and injecting data000x files back to xbox 360 hard drive game crashed. Iím sure that the files are signed by Microsoft so if trying to modify anything data will be corrupted. So sad for retail owners .
Attached Files
File Type: zip Legacy files.txt.zip (432.4 KB, 5 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #12
Rookie

I updated tutorial in first post. Step by step guide for RGH and Xk3y/flashed console users. No more hex editing required.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:53 PM   #13
Rookie

I found a way to extract arena models with noesis. Textures need to extract first to .dds to same folder where .rx2 file is and then load model in noesis.
To extract textures # needs to remove from #noesis.setHandlerLoadRGBA(handle, noepyLoadRGBA)
and put # in front of noesis.setHandlerLoadModel(handle, noepyLoadModel).
Like this:

You can download Madison Square Garden model with extracted textures and noesis script here:
https://app.box.com/s/vhgj6j3ospvj2dt27iubewaf1qmai729
If you have other rx2 scripts in plugins/python folder move it out when use this. Use this script only arena files. If you want mod textures with rx2 patcher use the script I uploaded before.

Screenshot from Noesis and MSG model. There is no seats in model because it will be added separately in game from .cwd file. Some textures for example jumbotron digits looks weird because I don't know how 2d sampler map1 and map2 mapping works.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:48 AM   #14
Rookie

I update the script to load textures straight from file without extract them first.
Here is another image from Philadelphia ballpark winter classic arena.

Philadelphia Ballpark model:
https://app.box.com/s/eq7ii4vxmcm0ds1g6d809vyi0766gxs4
Attached Files
File Type: zip mdl_nhl_rx2_mat.py.zip (3.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #15
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by raupe
I update the script to load textures straight from file without extract them first.
Here is another image from Philadelphia ballpark winter classic arena.

Philadelphia Ballpark model:
https://app.box.com/s/eq7ii4vxmcm0ds1g6d809vyi0766gxs4
This is SO IMPRESSIVE! Can I edit this into a 360 file using Horizon?

NFL- Eagles
NHL- Flyers
NCAA- Fresno State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 01:13 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSOLEliot
This is SO IMPRESSIVE! Can I edit this into a 360 file using Horizon?
The model is already in 360. This is showcase how to view arenas on pc with noesis.exe. Editing arenas isn’t possible yet but maybe in future

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »