Home

Xbox 360-Legacy Texture modding

This is a discussion on Xbox 360-Legacy Texture modding within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2020, 03:58 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox 360-Legacy Texture modding

I think that the problem is dds format. As you can see differences in dds header.

Use dds converter here instead of gimp

Save the logo to png and convert it to dds with dds converter with the settings in preview:

There are no mipmaps for menu textures and it's rgba format. Rendering textures uses mipmaps and dxt compression and you can identify it when you open rpsgl in rx2patcher. I recommend using DDS converter all your conversions and make sure the format is same as the original file.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndaleO
I have it. I no longer compress the edited dds file. i repack the uncompress file and it works
I missed this post. Great you got it work 👍🏼
Old 05-08-2020, 11:40 PM   #43
Rookie

Thank you so much, Raupe, for all the work that you have done! I've always wanted to be able to add player photos and I am one step closer to being able to do that. With your instructions/tools, I managed to update Tyler Bertuzzi's photo in NHL Legacy with something more recent.

I ran into a similar issue with the compression where an uncompressed file crashed the game, but compressing to DXT5 in GIMP worked for me without using the DDS Converter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bertuzzi.jpg (103.8 KB, 307 views)

Last edited by demolitionman; 05-08-2020 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:16 AM   #44
Rookie

so I dealt with the logos a little. if you modify a logo and the dds file is smaller than the original and the file is compressed and back into the .big file, the kb of the .big file does not change and the game crashes. I then took the smallest .big file, eg t47.big with 9 kb. made all logos with this file. You only have to rename the file to the respective number when everything is ready and it works.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:55 AM   #45
Rookie

hello raupe, is there also the possibility on the ps3 to export and re-import the model jersey with a tool? I would like to change the uv map a bit. Thank you for your help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2020, 08:59 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndaleO
hello raupe, is there also the possibility on the ps3 to export and re-import the model jersey with a tool? I would like to change the uv map a bit. Thank you for your help
I tried to extract rpsgl models, but didn't succeed because the format is too different compared to xbox 360 rx2. Rpsgl is based on PSGL.

Modding models isn't very simple. I have script to read X360 models in Noesis and extract it to obj, fbx or other known format. Re-importing isn't so straightforward due to the vertex and index format.

I have succeed to replace models in X360 stadium container file by converting .fbx to x360 format .pmem and .xatg Samples Content Exporter https://github.com/walbourn/contentexporter and copying data from pmem file to rx2 with hex-editor, modifying vertex and index count in header files and assign vertex descriptor file in rx2 corresponding to xatg file.

Here is tutorial image for rx2 stadium models. Face index format is triangleStrip instead of triangles in other models so I'm not able to convert it:
https://imgur.com/EemOZ2C

By the way, here is updated rx2 Noesis script which support all rx2 models (stadium containers with textures and materials, faces, equipments, jerseys etc...). Use model script for models and texture script for textures and make sure there can only be one rx2 script in plugins/python folder.

Sorry, but I cannot help you with the rpsgl models yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gretzky_noesis.jpg (121.9 KB, 274 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip rx2_noesis_scripts.zip (7.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 05-15-2020, 09:50 AM   #47
Rookie

I have noticed that this image is lying. Instead of this lego man, gen3 models are much more accurate.
https://static1-gamespot-com.cdn.amp...0099-nhl15.jpg
Old 05-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #48
Rookie

OK too bad, maybe you can do it where can I actually find the jersey models etc.?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »