Home

Oct Roster Update - Affected AI ?

This is a discussion on Oct Roster Update - Affected AI ? within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2017, 08:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Oct Roster Update - Affected AI ?

I'm a position lock player. Had some great sliders going. Then, I downloaded the latest roster update (October). Am I crazy or is anyone else noticing these changes?

- The AI is harder to play against. I haven't touched my sliders. In two games I lost 6-2 and 6-1. I was Vegas playing against Boston. Also, Boston reached the 40+ shot mark both games. In my 3rd game, I am playing as Boston against Vegas. Vegas feels the same way...tough and putting shots up on net like crazy. Other games have felt the same. Feel like I'm on Superstar mode.

- The AI penalties are non-existent. Pre roster update, there were probably 2-3 per team per game. Now, not one penalty called on the AI. In probably 4 games since the roster update, not one penalty has been called.

Anyone else seeing these things??

Update: Playing as Boston again vs VGK. 2nd period, they have 4 power plays already to my 0. Ugh. Losing interest in this game now.

Last edited by Steven547; 10-16-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Oct Roster Update - Affected AI ?

Yea, I agree. I was playing in GM mode, I play on Pro, but since I updated the AI has been acting like I was playing on all star mode. I turned down the AI poke check, stick lift, etc to 0 and it doesn't matter, perfect checks and lifts even from 5 feet out. I feel like the AI is teleporting into checks from places I used to have plenty of room.

Its pissing me off a little, changing the difficulty down or up seems to make no difference in the way the AI is playing. [Franchise Mode]
Old 10-18-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
Rookie

gp005's Arena

hopefully this gets adressed because this game was playing very well prior to whatever caused the change.. i was really enjoying it

now you just feel cheated.. not surprised
Old 10-18-2017, 09:21 PM   #4
MVP

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. It is frustrating. I had a good slider set and was really enjoying the game. Now, it's completely different.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #5
Just started!

Yea, tried to adjust things again, and I just want to punch walls.

Its so bad that I can't make a single play. AI will just stick their stick out on the ice (Defensive skill stick) and even if the puck is past it, if any part of my player even touches his stick the puck shoots out to the corner. My players never recover the puck now if the AI is close buy, it just juggles between their feet - its completely not playable anymore or enjoyable, and nothing I do is fixing the issue. All the AI sliders are turned down to 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2017, 09:24 PM   #6
MVP

Yea. The inability to pick up the puck after a huge hit is extremely frustrating, too. Lost a game in OT because of this bug. And not surprisingly, EA has become extremely quiet on the forums over at EA. Dev was talking then poof! All gone.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:42 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Me too!!! Suddenly lost 6 in a row when I was playing well. Only thing is I never downloaded the newest roster. I ended up tweaked sliders and went with more TNK style with some of my own and now it’s way better. Winning but barely
Old 10-22-2017, 09:59 PM   #8
MVP

I went back to the last Sept roster update. The game just feels and plays better. With the Oct roster update, something is off. It's just not a per team basis, it's any CPU controlled team. No matter what team I played, they shelled me with shots and goals. This version took a 180 real fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »