Home

Roster Sharing is Possible

This is a discussion on Roster Sharing is Possible within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #49
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Roster Sharing is Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocke7
Nice, I'll check that out!

To remove helmets: Choose the college helmet for your player - save - go back to edit player and go to helmet - visor. Choose large visor and it will remove the helmet. It's not perfect as it messes up the hair for some hairstyles (since this is a glitch and the hair behaves as if a helmet were on). But some hairstyles doesn't get affected much so they work perfectly fine.

EDIT: Wow, just had a look at your thread at hfboards. Great stuff. I have been spending ALOT of time trying to find the best possible face for each player as well. I'll add some pictures there in the next few days. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for this tip. I'm creating teams from the 80s right now but will soon be starting the 70s and it is huge to have the helmets removed. I'm getting close to 160 created players now. So far I have created the following teams:
1983-84 Quebec Nordiques
1984-85 Philadelphia Flyers
1987-88 Boston Bruins
1986-87 Edmonton Oilers
1981-82 New York Islanders
1988-89 Calgary Flames
1985-86 Montreal Canadiens
1982-83 Chicago Blackhawks

Going to do a few more teams from the 80s then start the 70s. Will also probably add some teams from the 90s as well. Concentrating more on ratings and not so much on faces right now. So I need to get this Save Wizard Max to get your rosters, correct?

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75

Last edited by bostongahden; 01-19-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:02 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
Thanks for this tip. I'm creating teams from the 80s right now but will soon be starting the 70s and it is huge to have the helmets removed. I'm getting close to 160 created players now. So far I have created the following teams:
1983-84 Quebec Nordiques
1984-85 Philadelphia Flyers
1987-88 Boston Bruins
1986-87 Edmonton Oilers
1981-82 New York Islanders
1988-89 Calgary Flames
1985-86 Montreal Canadiens
1982-83 Chicago Blackhawks

Going to do a few more teams from the 80s then start the 70s. Will also probably add some teams from the 90s as well. Concentrating more on ratings and not so much on faces right now. So I need to get this Save Wizard Max to get your rosters, correct?
Yes, you need the save wizard to resign the save. However, I can't seem to get Jocke7 save file to work. The others work, but not this one.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #51
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapinvert
Hey great job creating those rosters! I did create a few legends myself and posted some pictures on HFBoards (it seems I'm not allowed to post the link, but go to hfboards.com, and under Fantasy Hockey Talk --> EA Sports NHL forum, you'll see a thread called The Art of Custom Made Players).

I'll give your rosters a try soon, but I got a question for you. I noticed in your videos that you have created players that don't have helmets on (Randy Carlyle, Rick Middleton, etc.) I thought NHL 19 didn't have the option of removing helmets. How did you do that? That would help me create much more players from the 50's, 60's and 70's.
Simply beautiful work on those players. I'm a stickler for equipment and uniforms as well.

Follow me on Twitter:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2019, 04:40 PM   #52
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Ugh.

If you guys get these classic rosters to work, I’m going to have to get this program and NHL 19 on the PS4.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Ugh.

If you guys get these classic rosters to work, I’m going to have to get this program and NHL 19 on the PS4.
I think it's worth it. I got Cylco's rosters to work. For some reason, I can't seem to get these classic ones to transfer over correctly. It resigns the save, but when transferring to the PS4, it places the roster file outside the NHL 19 folder. So NHL 19 can't read this file. Other than that, it works for others.
Old 01-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocke7
Nice, I'll check that out!

To remove helmets: Choose the college helmet for your player - save - go back to edit player and go to helmet - visor. Choose large visor and it will remove the helmet. It's not perfect as it messes up the hair for some hairstyles (since this is a glitch and the hair behaves as if a helmet were on). But some hairstyles doesn't get affected much so they work perfectly fine.

EDIT: Wow, just had a look at your thread at hfboards. Great stuff. I have been spending ALOT of time trying to find the best possible face for each player as well. I'll add some pictures there in the next few days. Keep up the good work!

This is so awesome!!! This is such great work by you all!

I’ve been wanting to play classic seasons like I do with the show. Love those old roster sets.

My question is, has anyone done this on nhl18? I don’t own 19 yet. If so, would anyone be willing to resign that roster file to my profile?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #55
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I think it's worth it. I got Cylco's rosters to work. For some reason, I can't seem to get these classic ones to transfer over correctly. It resigns the save, but when transferring to the PS4, it places the roster file outside the NHL 19 folder. So NHL 19 can't read this file. Other than that, it works for others.
Have you gotten other classic sets to work?

Follow me on Twitter:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
Have you gotten other classic sets to work?
Unfortunately, no. I emailed the Save Wizard company to see if they have any ideas. I believe it's more savedata file related than program, because I've gotten other files to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »