Home

Old 07-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #193
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: NHL 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I'm confused as to what you are trying to do

If you are trying to view the ratings, there is an Excel link on the first page. The sendspace link is for importing the roster into the game, it is a PS4 file.
Ah, gotcha, thanks. I was hoping to be able to view all player ratings, not just the edited players in the Excel file. In case you or anyone else has it handy, I'm interested in seeing all attribute ratings for the current Rangers roster. Don't have a PS or Xbox but I'm interested in referencing the current ratings for creating a team on, um, NHL 2004 on, um...the Gamecube.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:17 AM   #194
Just started!

Hi there, love the sliders and the rosters, absolutely blown away by all the work that you've put into this.

I was just curious as to how you come up with the values for each slider. I know you said you take in previous stats, but is it just X amount of assists in a season = 80 passing vs 81? Just want to know how I can be more accurate when making my own custom players/rosters.

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-10-2019, 06:33 PM   #195
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by altick88
Hi there, love the sliders and the rosters, absolutely blown away by all the work that you've put into this.

I was just curious as to how you come up with the values for each slider. I know you said you take in previous stats, but is it just X amount of assists in a season = 80 passing vs 81? Just want to know how I can be more accurate when making my own custom players/rosters.

Thanks for any help!
It's actually a rather complicated process with several steps, but for forwards, the base calculation for passing is primarily concerned with emphasizing the primary assist (A1). HockeyReference and other sites with analytics data usually can tell you how many primary assists a player has. We want to know how many primary assists a player gets per 60 minutes.

A hack to save time that gives a good approximation of this is assits per 60/2.

So, let's use Thomas Vanek as an example. One of the best passers in the league throughout his career.

Vanek's assist totals the past three seasons:
18/19: 20 assists in 64 games
17/18: 32 assists in 80 games
16/17: 31 assists in 68 games

Assists per 60:
18/19: 1.3289
17/18: 1.7036
16/17: 1.8998

I then calculate an average of three numbers:
0.5, 0.5, the sum of assists per 60 for the three seasons (4.932 for Vanek)
(the 0.5s would be the primary assist rates and secondary assist rates, 0.5 works just as well)

The resulting number is 1.60811 (your result may be different as I'm using weights)

The final calculation is: 1.60811*60, which is 97. If the player has a durability rating less than 80, I subtract 5 from that number.

You could, I suppose, just use assists per 60*60 and you would get something close to what I would calculate.

D-men are calculated differently

There are more steps, but this is the simplest I can explain

Last edited by Cycloniac; 07-10-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #196
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm taking a bit of a dive here. I was a huge NHL2k6 fan on xbox with realistic settings and put a ton of time into that game.

I saw 19 on sale and am paying someone to do a resign on my profile for the roster save. I'm really looking forward to playing an NHL game again. Thanks for all your work and I can't wait to share my thoughts with you.

Also I assume I can't do BAP with this mode, only for single player season play?
Old 07-12-2019, 11:39 PM   #197
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladCanada
I'm taking a bit of a dive here. I was a huge NHL2k6 fan on xbox with realistic settings and put a ton of time into that game.

I saw 19 on sale and am paying someone to do a resign on my profile for the roster save. I'm really looking forward to playing an NHL game again. Thanks for all your work and I can't wait to share my thoughts with you.

Also I assume I can't do BAP with this mode, only for single player season play?
I don't see why the roster edits wouldn't work in BAP

Old 07-16-2019, 11:28 PM   #198
Rookie

Any updates for the kids like Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes? I know they had a small sample, but for the sake of the rosters that are laid out in the final update.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:46 PM   #199
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbk087
Any updates for the kids like Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes? I know they had a small sample, but for the sake of the rosters that are laid out in the final update.
Lots of updates are coming; I will have to do Makar and Hughes by hand though since the samples are so tiny

Old 07-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #200
Rookie

devils17's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Lots of updates are coming; I will have to do Makar and Hughes by hand though since the samples are so tiny

HECK yes!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »