Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: NHL 21

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: NHL 21 within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2020, 09:51 PM   #1
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
The TrueSim Roster Project: NHL 21

Welcome to year 3 of the project!

Like previous years, these ratings were calculated using a three-year baseline (when possible) to assess everything a player does on the ice. Both standard and advanced NHL statistics drive these ratings. Based on last year's results, improvements to the algorithm used to drive ratings calculation were made across the board.

These rosters were developed with franchise mode in mind as that is my favorite mode, and I'm strictly an offline player. The ratings work well within EA's system, but ensure player differentiation is improved.

If a player isn't listed, EA's default is used. Calculated overalls are accurate, +/- 2

You can find the ratings spreadsheet here, which is being updated as progress is made: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AghAoHIeEMGM0AW2EGZo2cPi34OS

ROSTER NOW AVAILABLE

Quote:
Merry Christmas everyone!

After 70+ hours of hard work, the roster is complete and ready for franchise. You can download it here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AghAoHIeEMGM4nM-...Wv2ra?e=PYdxrv

In the roster, you will find:
-Transactions and contracts updated as of today (Dec 24, 2020), including all RFA signings and entry level contract signings*
-Missing prospects created for 1st rounds of 2019 and 2020 NHL Draft
-Player types and attributes updated from scratch for 750+ players in the NHL/AHL
-All prospects expected to debut in the AHL have been moved from the CHL
-Free agency cleaned up, LTIR players moved to national teams

*For the three key players who haven't signed new contracts (Cirelli, Bear, Barzal), I gave them new contracts, using the asking prices in franchise mode.
How to Install with Save Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit002
Shanster has published the steps to be taken in a different thread. I have followed step-by-step and it worked:

1) Plug a USB stick into your PS4, go to Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Copy to USB -> NHL. You have to save BOTH your profile and the roster to overwrite

2) Bring that over to your computer, plug it in and open Save Wizard

3) You'll see a folder on your stick called "PS4" with a folder inside named a bunch of nonsense. Inside THAT folder is a folder called CUSA-something or other. That's the hash name of NHL 20.

4) What I do is duplicate the entire PS4 folder and call it "duplicate" or something and replace the profile and roster files in there (i.e. yours) with the ones you download.

5) Zip your new folder, calling it PS4

6) Open Save Wizard, go to re-sign, and make sure you have your USB slot selected (bottom left) it should display CUSA-whatever on that screen

7) Double click on the CUSA-whatever, select both the Profile and Roster that show there, click the import button

8) Select your new zip (it has to be a zip for it to work) and then hit Import, wait

9) Should get a happy message if all is well!

The nice thing is after you do that once, you ONLY need the roster file from there on out.

Suggested Franchise Setup
Spoiler

Last edited by Cycloniac; 01-08-2021 at 11:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2020, 09:23 PM   #2
Rookie

TopThrillAnthony's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: NHL 21

Excited to see the work in the coming weeks! So far, ratings look good, except I don't know if I'd call Mika Zibanejad a 93 (i did the rating, this is what he comes out to in the game). This is coming from a guy who's favorite player is Mika Zibanejad.

P.S. - To the people who use these ratings, the ratings for D-men are glitched in the game. When you go to adjust the attributes, the rating shown there will be LOWER than their ACTUAL rating. This is a game issue.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThrillAnthony
Excited to see the work in the coming weeks! So far, ratings look good, except I don't know if I'd call Mika Zibanejad a 93 (i did the rating, this is what he comes out to in the game). This is coming from a guy who's favorite player is Mika Zibanejad.

P.S. - To the people who use these ratings, the ratings for D-men are glitched in the game. When you go to adjust the attributes, the rating shown there will be LOWER than their ACTUAL rating. This is a game issue.
I don't think you're appreciating how good he really is.
-He's an excellent skater (13 rush chances last year, +10 penalties drawn to taken ratio at 5 on 5)

-He drives play really well (+4.5, +3.4, +7.4 in relative corsi at 5-on-5 the past 3 seasons, despite starting most of his shifts in the defensive zone 2 of those 3 years). He also had a positive corsi (50.3%) despite playing on a bad Rangers squad that :
-played against the 2nd easiest schedule in the NHL, but had a negative corsi rating (46.8%)
-was 24th in the league at preventing goals. The only reason they weren't worse is because of good goalie play, especially at 5-on-5 where they had a save percentage of .926, compared to the .924 NHL average).

-He is an effective hitter (at least a hit per game 2 of the last 3 seasons)

-He's always on the ice (21.6 minutes per game last year, 20.5 in 2018-19, and he's a forward)

-He plays against the most difficult competition (>50% of starts in the defensive zone the past 2 seasons, 54% last year)

-He kills penalties (2.62 minutes on the PK per game this year, 1.98 last year). He led all Rangers forwards in PK time per game last season. Only Marc Staal was on the ice in penalty killing situations more. AND he had a positive relative corsi on the PK last year (+4.3), which is best on the team for skaters logging more than 2 minutes of PK time per game.

-He is an excellent scorer (>1 goal per 60 the last 3 seasons, 1.995 last year, with shooting percentages >12% each of the past 3 seasons)

He is really good.

Old 11-09-2020, 07:38 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I don't think you're appreciating how good he really is.
-He's an excellent skater (13 rush chances last year, +10 penalties drawn to taken ratio at 5 on 5)

-He drives play really well (+4.5, +3.4, +7.4 in relative corsi at 5-on-5 the past 3 seasons, despite starting most of his shifts in the defensive zone 2 of those 3 years). He also had a positive corsi (50.3%) despite playing on a bad Rangers squad that :
-played against the 2nd easiest schedule in the NHL, but had a negative corsi rating (46.8%)
-was 24th in the league at preventing goals. The only reason they weren't worse is because of good goalie play, especially at 5-on-5 where they had a save percentage of .926, compared to the .924 NHL average).

-He is an effective hitter (at least a hit per game 2 of the last 3 seasons)

-He's always on the ice (21.6 minutes per game last year, 20.5 in 2018-19, and he's a forward)

-He plays against the most difficult competition (>50% of starts in the defensive zone the past 2 seasons, 54% last year)

-He kills penalties (2.62 minutes on the PK per game this year, 1.98 last year). He led all Rangers forwards in PK time per game last season. Only Marc Staal was on the ice in penalty killing situations more. AND he had a positive relative corsi on the PK last year (+4.3), which is best on the team for skaters logging more than 2 minutes of PK time per game.

-He is an excellent scorer (>1 goal per 60 the last 3 seasons, 1.995 last year, with shooting percentages >12% each of the past 3 seasons)

He is really good.
THIS. I am a ranger fan so alittle bias. But Mika is definitely deserving of the 93. He was on pace to shatter his career high. He is a elite two way forward.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:48 AM   #5
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

RATINGS SPREADSHEET UPDATE
The majority of the eastern conference is now complete. Making steady progress on the edits in-game as well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2020, 11:07 PM   #6
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
RATINGS SPREADSHEET UPDATE
The majority of the eastern conference is now complete. Making steady progress on the edits in-game as well.
How do you go about getting players speed ratings? So far everything looks to pass the eye test.

Last edited by TopSide83; 11-12-2020 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:20 PM   #7
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
How do you go about getting players speed ratings? So far everything looks to pass the eye test.
Speed ratings are calculated using rush chances, penalty differential (penalties drawn - penalties taken), expected goals, and height and weight.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:17 AM   #8
MVP

I am a bit confused. Is this Roster now for NHL 21 or NHL 20 ? Simple question .... can I transfer my own NHL 20 Roster to NHL 21 with Savewizard ? Thx

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »