Home

NHL 22 missing rookies and players

This is a discussion on NHL 22 missing rookies and players within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2021, 06:42 PM   #1
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
NHL 22 missing rookies and players

Starting this thread for everyone to post any missing players making the NHL clubs now that rosters have been announced.

I will start with CBJ...

Gregory Hofmann can be found on EV Zug
Cole Sillinger can be found in the WHL with Medicine Hat
I had to create Yegor Chinakhov

If anyone has any other players that can be found in juniors or other leagues please post here for those of us that know the history of how long it takes for a "decent" and usually wrong Roster Update... This will help us that want to start a franchise soon...

Also, go to TSN for the newly signed Free agents since the 10/8 roster update with some joining new teams and others having contract extensions.

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2021, 08:43 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 22 missing rookies and players

Await a good Roster update not before middle or more late November. Rookies need to have minimum one NHL game, but it takes longer time to add AHL Rookies into the game. They need to pass first the AHL waiver and this usually takes longer time. It’s every year the same process.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Well I for one have been waiting for this. I usually like to use the early rosters from September because those seem to have the most prospects. Now obviously we don't have that option this year because the game is just coming out, but these early rosters are probably going to take the least amount of work as far as creating players that EA will later take out because of whatever NHLPA reason.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:12 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

I tend to find (but I only play offline Season mode, no Franchise), that I prefer the early season roster files from EA because they tend to have more of the prospects actually that eventually get deleted by EA for not playing enough or at all. In the end, I would tell you after 25 years of playing sports games, you'll never guess who the unheard of rookies are going to be any given year, which ones will be important, and furthermore the chances any of them end up being SO VITAL to any team that you wish you had them in the game.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:59 PM   #5
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
Await a good Roster update not before middle or more late November. Rookies need to have minimum one NHL game, but it takes longer time to add AHL Rookies into the game. They need to pass first the AHL waiver and this usually takes longer time. It’s every year the same process.
I do realize this, I just hate to have to rely on EA to step up their game and do some leg work which this year would probably be into November or later... I have no issues creating players that may have made the cut that were NCAA products or players from the KHL, however there are many players tucked away at the ECHL, juniors or some leagues overseas that made opening night rosters. My thought is there are people like minded that get tired waiting for EA to give us a decent updated roster (using the term decent loosely). Typically, after the first or second update, there are still many players that get overlooked and are actually in the game already somewhere. with over 200 teams, it's a given 40-50 are already there (like Cole Sillinger who was with Medicine Hat). Was just trying to make it easy where someone who may be a Toronto fan, a Pittsburgh fan, a Colorado fan, etc. could say "Oh by the way, I found so and so tucked away on Moose Jaw or HC Davos who made the opening night roster", this way while it won't be "EA Official", if some just edited their team and posted where they found those guys, or if they had to create them, let us know who. My goal is to start a Franchise this weekend after several roster tweaks. I know it's not going to be 100% accurate, but it will probably be much moreso than what we would get otherwise from EA if even a few chipped in and said they created or found a player already on the game that has made the team...

Even when sharing rosters becomes available, we are talking December, most of us aren't waiting that long to start a Franchise... I will await the official EA in December for a season with the Cincinnati Cyclones, they should have most of the players right by then, but as an offline player (98% of the time), just a litle legwork and cooperation for typing a few names and who they are playing for goes a long way...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2021, 02:49 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
I do realize this, I just hate to have to rely on EA to step up their game and do some leg work which this year would probably be into November or later... I have no issues creating players that may have made the cut that were NCAA products or players from the KHL, however there are many players tucked away at the ECHL, juniors or some leagues overseas that made opening night rosters. My thought is there are people like minded that get tired waiting for EA to give us a decent updated roster (using the term decent loosely). Typically, after the first or second update, there are still many players that get overlooked and are actually in the game already somewhere. with over 200 teams, it's a given 40-50 are already there (like Cole Sillinger who was with Medicine Hat). Was just trying to make it easy where someone who may be a Toronto fan, a Pittsburgh fan, a Colorado fan, etc. could say "Oh by the way, I found so and so tucked away on Moose Jaw or HC Davos who made the opening night roster", this way while it won't be "EA Official", if some just edited their team and posted where they found those guys, or if they had to create them, let us know who. My goal is to start a Franchise this weekend after several roster tweaks. I know it's not going to be 100% accurate, but it will probably be much moreso than what we would get otherwise from EA if even a few chipped in and said they created or found a player already on the game that has made the team...

Even when sharing rosters becomes available, we are talking December, most of us aren't waiting that long to start a Franchise... I will await the official EA in December for a season with the Cincinnati Cyclones, they should have most of the players right by then, but as an offline player (98% of the time), just a litle legwork and cooperation for typing a few names and who they are playing for goes a long way...
I understand you and it’s correct of your point of view. I can wait patiently till December, so I am not in a hurry to buy this game now. The thing is this .... if you create now the missing AHL Rookie Players you have only the possibility to create them without a Bio pic. If we could add Bio pics to our self created Players I would be on Board immediately and love to create a good Roster again. Sorry, but I can’t see this black Silhouettes anymore. A bit better gameplay is for me not the main priority to buy this game now.

Last edited by Travolterjohn; 10-15-2021 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:57 PM   #7
Rookie

So, what's the created player cap? Because I've gone through to Colorado and realized there's a few prospects per team that will have to be made, or at least if they're in the game I can't find them.

As much as it hurts me to say this, this project is probably better served waiting until EA comes out with the next rosters. As per usual, they are going to take players out that we have now, but that's the way it goes I guess.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:06 PM   #8
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister NoBody
So, what's the created player cap? Because I've gone through to Colorado and realized there's a few prospects per team that will have to be made, or at least if they're in the game I can't find them.

As much as it hurts me to say this, this project is probably better served waiting until EA comes out with the next rosters. As per usual, they are going to take players out that we have now, but that's the way it goes I guess.
Not entirely sure, I know I have created quite a few and it hasn't cut me off yet... I think I am done with most of it, I would guess I created 25ish, and found most others on junior teams or teams from overseas... (Did a lot of editing of those that were tucked away on these teams to make them pretty close to what their skill level appears to be and watched a lot of video)... The one thing I wish I could do is start players on injured reserve... I mean I am five games into my Franchise with CBJ and took a look at scoring around the league, and noticed Eichel had 4 goals and an assist... I put him in the minors but I guess he got moved right away in Franchise... I did edit his durability to 36... He won't play this year, and will never be the same if he plays again, so I lowered him from the 90 I think EA gave him to about an 83 with Top 6 forward and Low potential...

Last edited by gsize19; 10-17-2021 at 07:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »