Home

1991-2021 Alumni roster

This is a discussion on 1991-2021 Alumni roster within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2022, 07:24 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1991-2021 Alumni roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbomb
Hope you guys are enjoying the roster.

I’m hard at work trying to put the players on their proper 91-21 teams. It’s an effort. If I move 1 player, then it opens up holes on the old team or causes a log jam on the new team. Very tricky stuff. Most of the teams will be very different than what they are now.

As for the 4 defunct teams, I’ve decided to go back 10 years from the season they folded. So the Whalers will go back to 87. The Nordiques to 85. The North Stars to 83. And the Jets to 86.

I intend for those teams to be the only teams to have players that retired before 1991. As of now, there are a few pre-91 players on some of the other teams, and I plan on removing them.

After I finish this, I really wanted to make year specific playoff rosters. It’ll be just the 16 teams that made the playoffs, so it’ll cut the work in half. As a Ranger fan, I have to start with 93-94.

Anyway, I hope you have some fun with this set. Even if only 50 people download it, to me it makes it worthwhile.

Efbomb

I really liked the roster. I only have one question.

Was your idea to only use retired players from 91-21? I missed players like Crosby, Ovechkin, Zibanejad, etc... on the alumni teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2022, 08:55 AM   #42
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramerson
I really liked the roster. I only have one question.

Was your idea to only use retired players from 91-21? I missed players like Crosby, Ovechkin, Zibanejad, etc... on the alumni teams.
Well, yeah.

It’s an Alumni roster. Current players are not “Alumni”.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:17 AM   #43
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

For all of you who like this roster, I have bad news.

Version 2 is almost done.

Now you’re gonna have to start all over. I would. V2 is way better.

Main difference between V1 and V2, is that on V2, there are no players on any team that played for said team before the 90/91 season.

Ex. Gretzky is on EDM on V1, but he was on LA in 1991. He never played for EDM in the 90’s, so he is now on LA. Same goes for many other players.

In the case of a player who started their career in the late 80’s and was on the same team in the early 90’s, I left them on their 80’s team.

Ex. Joe Nieuwendyk played on CGY in the late 80’s and was on DAL by 95, but I kept him on CGY.

As for the 4 defunct teams, HFD, MNS, QUE and WPG, I went back 10 years from their final season to help fill out their rosters. So as for HFD, I went back to the 86/87 season, MNS goes back to 82/82, QUE 84/85 and WPG 85/86.

The created All-Star teams and National teams I made are still there.

I hope to have V2 up by Tues/Wed. Maybe sooner.

I’m also thinking on a V3 where I add 2-3 more players to each team so when playing a season with injuries, it’s not so constricted. As of now, there’s only 2 subs.

Anyway. Be on the lookout for V2. And I hope you’re enjoying V1.

Efbomb

Last edited by Efbomb; 02-27-2022 at 10:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »