Home

1986-87 Season Roster

This is a discussion on 1986-87 Season Roster within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2022, 12:27 PM   #17
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 1986-87 Season Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
yeah I'm confused. Ok here is my question. The 1986-87 roster has real teams in the custom teams slot correct? How did you do that? There are created teams in there too, with the limited editing options for their uniforms. I'm new to the game and I'm trying to understand how custom rosters are made so I can try to make a 1994 roster using real teams so I can adjust their arena and logos etc.
Ok haha but to do custom teams or players go to the create option as its actually pretty cool I just wish they had preset like choose an NHL jersey as I'm trying to do the 1996 Panthers but I cant find a decent jersey match but all three of those jerseys are in the game under vintage. Good luck it's actually pretty fun but watch out for glitches like jerseys , logos and fans .
Old 02-22-2022, 12:32 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Ok haha but to do custom teams or players go to the create option as its actually pretty cool I just wish they had preset like choose an NHL jersey as I'm trying to do the 1996 Panthers but I cant find a decent jersey match but all three of those jerseys are in the game under vintage. Good luck it's actually pretty fun but watch out for glitches like jerseys , logos and fans .
OMG how did I miss the NHL logos. I need to pay more attention evidently
Old 02-27-2022, 04:54 PM   #19
Rookie

christap18's Arena

OVR: 0

Love your roster just have an simple question can u list teams for what team goes where I know most but the placeholder teams are very confusing to me lol
Old 02-28-2022, 11:23 AM   #20
Rookie

gator21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by christap18
Love your roster just have an simple question can u list teams for what team goes where I know most but the placeholder teams are very confusing to me lol
Thanks! Glad your enjoying it. This is what I do. Set roster control to full, cpu trades off, fantasy draft off. Substitute teams until you get the set up you like. Here’s my season setup. Leave NYR as is don’t substitute. Set all teams to user control that way you can have full control of lineups, etc. Ignore the placeholder teams and play with or against any of the original 21 teams from that era. I play with no injuries because most teams don’t have many 86-87 players to call up. Have fun!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8C11A16E-8679-4669-B2C4-D5A54E839931.jpg (497.3 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg F5B62D19-B1DC-4A2E-991C-79F7718F6D6C.jpg (418.3 KB, 125 views)
NHL 23 (PS5)
Flight Simulator 2020 (Xbox Series X)

Follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHV...oSV5J6FvcvrYow
Follow me on Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/gator21s
Old 08-21-2022, 11:53 PM   #21
Rookie

gator21's Arena

I uploaded V2 of this roster. It’s a more refined roster with some better faces, equipment, a few ratings changes, and overall little things. Enjoy! The more authentic the better LOL. PSN: chillyjohns 1986-87 Season V2
NHL 23 (PS5)

Follow me on YouTube:
Follow me on Twitch:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2022, 04:04 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator21
I uploaded V2 of this roster. It’s a more refined roster with some better faces, equipment, a few ratings changes, and overall little things. Enjoy! The more authentic the better LOL. PSN: chillyjohns 1986-87 Season V2
This is great. Thanks so much.

With the new franchise options in '23 (# of teams, etc.) it's too bad that they don't let you port over rosters from year to year.
Old 08-25-2022, 04:59 PM   #23
Rookie

gator21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37
This is great. Thanks so much.

With the new franchise options in '23 (# of teams, etc.) it's too bad that they don't let you port over rosters from year to year.
Thanks. Glad your enjoying it. Ya I’m praying for helmetless create a player option. That with custom league options would be amazing. I would then replicate this roster onto NHL 23. Porting rosters over from year to year would be so easy though. Damn EA.
NHL 23 (PS5)

Follow me on YouTube:
Follow me on Twitch:
Old 08-25-2022, 06:50 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator21
Thanks. Glad your enjoying it. Ya I’m praying for helmetless create a player option. That with custom league options would be amazing. I would then replicate this roster onto NHL 23. Porting rosters over from year to year would be so easy though. Damn EA.
Awesome to hear that, I actually immediately thought of your roster when I heard that we can now control the amount of teams in the league. Perhaps we could collaborate when the game comes out and I could help you recreate it on 23 faster? Maybe share a file between us and take turns doing a number of teams? I like to have my own ratings though so maybe after we’re finished i could release an alternate version with my own ratings if that’s ok?

I also like that you utilized the Alumni players in your roster,, I have gone through all of the Alumni players and some of the face scans are spot on and even the ones without a scan are close enough that I don’t think it’s worth creating those players from scratch.

I don’t know just brainstorming lol I’m actually pumped for the franchise options this year and helmetless players would be the cherry on top so fingers crossed!
I am very much Thinking of being more involved in the community this year on PS5 and helping roster sharing grow. I’m just cautious getting involved though as I’ve seen some petty drama on some of the communities for other sports games in terms of people “stealing” from others and whatnot, I’m a non-confrontational person so I don’t want any of that lol I Will try to give as much credit to any resources I draw from as possible and pump out as many rosters as I can or at least that’s my plan lol

Last edited by Grentthealien; 08-25-2022 at 06:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »