Home

Roster share

This is a discussion on Roster share within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
Football Simulator Hands-On Preview
World of Chel Tips and Tricks: How to Be a Good Teammate
Sunday Rivals Review - Great Mix of Sim and Arcade

Old 05-09-2022, 02:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Roster share

Funny after everyone's been begging for roster share the last few year looks to be already dead here.lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2022, 03:25 PM   #2
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Roster share

Well to be fair the game is dead. Sad!

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 05-09-2022, 05:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Roster share was never gonna matter for a game that nobody cared to play. Plus, they did the stupidest thing they could do, they made it non-cross-platform thereby limiting the share sample. However, I'm certain this was by design. Imagine what would happen to their sales if we could all keep editing and sharing rosters for years. What incentive would there be to buy the game next year? With no further expansion coming soon, I certainly won't be buying NHL for the next few years and I'm sure enough people will be making updated rosters.
Old 05-09-2022, 05:14 PM   #4
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

Correct there, Tinpanalley- platform specific sharing killed it. I have an Xbone (not X or S) and there are minimal updates available for that console. Looking at updates for the game as well killed some interest by roster creators (e.g. removing teams, making some created players causing the game to freeze, etc). It's hard to polish a game that has pretty much been the same for years.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:34 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Roster share was never gonna matter for a game that nobody cared to play. Plus, they did the stupidest thing they could do, they made it non-cross-platform thereby limiting the share sample. However, I'm certain this was by design. Imagine what would happen to their sales if we could all keep editing and sharing rosters for years. What incentive would there be to buy the game next year? With no further expansion coming soon, I certainly won't be buying NHL for the next few years and I'm sure enough people will be making updated rosters.

roster creators buy the new game every year and people move on to the new version to continue to use them every year in every other game. I'm not sure having the ability to edit/share rosters on the old game would incentivize people to stay who wouldn't have stayed before
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2022, 03:32 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
roster creators buy the new game every year and people move on to the new version to continue to use them every year in every other game. I'm not sure having the ability to edit/share rosters on the old game would incentivize people to stay who wouldn't have stayed before
Well, entire chunks of this forum are proof that people will take not only last year's game and keep playing it but games from several years ago and keep playing them. And in fact, I would say this phenomenon is worsening. Increasingly it is online-only players that insist on having the latest game and those of us that are offline players that no longer put up with buying the latest games. My reality is the reality for most people I talk to in this forum: as the purchasing of new games had decreased it has correlated exactly with older games being played again and people like rangers, molifox, etc, editing rosters for games we've all loved for years. And it even has impacts on the used game market. NCAA Football 14 now goes for more online than it used to when it came out, due entirely to the roster community. MVP 2005 goes for at least $80 when sold because of the yearly community. Having the ability to share rosters has a massive impact as proven by The Show and NBA2K.
Old 05-13-2022, 06:11 PM   #7
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

I think it's TRUE with most sports games as I have mlb from 20 , NBA from 21 and Madden for 20 for incredible classic rosters . I think many here jump from sport to sport depending on the season . I thought NHL 22 had some incredible vintage rosters for a first time from the creator community on the ps4 but sadly ea never addressed the players #s glitch or screwed up fans colors in create a team.mode .

I'll probably get NHL 23 if they fix those issues as I think they have the most create freedom of any sports game and I just cant see me buying a ps5 anytime soon as those who use classic rosters keep losing more freedoms like MLB changing current rules that will make it impossible to create older eras , I still hate in the show I cant switch Houston or Milwaukee back to there prior league.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:42 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan67
Funny after everyone's been begging for roster share the last few year looks to be already dead here.lol.
They need to add a player vault and allow for no helmets. Okay, the helmets aren't a deal breaker, but rosters would take off with a player vault.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »