Home

NHL22 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

This is a discussion on NHL22 PernellKarl076's Slider Set within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2023 Review - Take the Plunge
Diamond Dynasty Year in Review: Content
Retro Goal Review: Retro Bowl's Brother Arrives on the Switch
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2022, 08:13 PM   #1
Pro
 
PernellKarl076's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2019
NHL22 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

First off, I'm an offline player at the core, and I've always wanted a game that plays like real Hockey. So beware, if you are a kid that likes easy and arcade type stuff, please stay away, this set is not for you...

The gameplay is loose and fast like real hockey... I've adjusted all the settings equal for both Human and AI. I have played around 20 games with this set and never felt cheated by the AI, not once ! And believe me, that's a first... I've lost games where I had a big smile on my face because the game gave me what I was looking for. Now that's saying something, lol !

Try these out and in my humble opinion, you'll never go back to anything else. We have all our style of play, but this one fits my style and I've literally been on the edge of my seat playing this set...

****NOTE: Manual line changes is a must, cause you know when to make them, when set on Auto, you will be caught with your pants down often...

- The puck is loose, and puck protection as never been more important.

- Quick decisions is a priority, I've never really use one touch-passing like this before and now it's a must have, lol !

- For me 10 minutes periods is more than enough and you really get in the game...

- Not really looking for super realistic stats, GAMEPLAY is the true priority for me... You may be worried when you look at some of these settings, but trust me if you love real hockey, you'll never go back 😀

Quick Settings
NHL Experience: I am an expert
Controls: Skill Stick
Difficulty: All-Star
Gameplay Preset: Custom (FULL SIM)
On Ice Trainer: OFF
Shot Aim: Assist or Manual


Updated October 14 I’m not giving up on this game, lol !

Rules
Game Play Presets: Custom (Full Sim)
Game Style: Custom (Full Sim)
Post Whistle Rules: Authentic
Rules: Custom (NHL)
Fighting: 0 ( I don’t care for that stuff)
Icing: Hybrid Icing
Injuries: On
Offsides: Delayed
Penalties: 0 ( I play without penalties and it’s great)
Tie Break: 5 min (3 on3) then shootout
Trapezoid Rule: Off
Penalty Time Scaling: 0
Coincidental Penalty Time Scale: 0

Game Settings
Game Play Presets: Custom (Full Sim)
Game Style: Custom (Full Sim)
Period Length: 10 minutes
Difficulty: All-Star or Superstar
Camera: ACTION ( Try it on player lock, you will love it )
Goalie Camera: High
Shootout Camera: Dynamic Low
Away Line Changes: Manual
Away Shot Aim: Aim Assist ( This is to counter whatever cheese you may find)
Home Line Changes: Manual
Home Shot Aim: Aim Assist

Gameplay Sliders

GENERAL
Gameplay Version: latest (make sure you download the latest tuner)
Game Style – Custom (Full Sim)
Attribute Effects : 5
Broken Stick Frequency : 50
Game Speed : 0
Fatigue Effect : 99
Fatigue Recovery : 29
Injury Occurrence : 0 ( I don’t like injuries )

SKATING
Back Skating: 49
Hustle Type : Authentic
Puck Carrier Agility : 12
Puck Carrier Skating: 81
Player Acceleration : 50
Skating Speed : 50
Skating Agility : 1 ( Don’t fret, everything will be fine, you'll actually feel more like a hockey player on ice )

SHOOTING
One Timer Accuracy : 50
Shot Accuracy : 45
Shot Power : 50
Slap Shot Accuracy : 51
Slap Shot Power : 50

PASSING * To get the desired effect, these must be exact. *
Manual Passing - ON
Pass Assist : 0 ( yes 0, that's where the magic kicks in ) 41 (easier)
Min Pass Speed: 28
Max Pass Speed: 82
Saucer Pass Speed : 62
Pass Accuracy :79
Pass Interceptions : 1
Pass Reception Ease : 24 (34 if you easier)
Reception Reaction Time : 84
Puck Control Rating Effect : 31
Puck Speed Reception Effect : 50
Pickup Type Effect : 50
Bouncing Puck Receptions : 17

PUCK CONTROL
Incidental Contact Puck Loss : Stick , Legs and Body
Incidental Stick Contact Immunity : 0
Puck Control : 25
Deking Impact : 50
Spin Deke Impact : 50
Skating Impact : 45

GOALIES
Goalie Cover Frequency : 82
Goalie Passing : 21
Goalie Cross Crease Reaction Time : 57
Goalie Save Reaction Time : 45
Goalie Deflection Reaction Time : 37
Goalie Screen Effect : 67
Goalie Screen Persistence : 60

CHECKING
Board Effect Non-Puck Carrier : 100
Board Effect Puck Carrier : 27
Hitting Assistance : 0 ( you will do great 👍
Stumble Threshold : 100-Max
Fall and Stumble Fall Ease: 79
Aggression : 67 for regular season and 84 for playoffs 😉 (42 easier)
Hitting Power : 2 ( Yes 2 ) You will have to earn your destroying checks, just like the real thing, and when you do, you will be smiling for days…
Size Effect : 70
Speed Effect : 70
Checking/Balance Rating Effect : 83
Preparedness Effect : 51
Incidental Contact Effect : 20
Poke Checking Accuracy : 0
Poke Checking Power : 0
Stick Lift Effectiveness : 15

PENALTIES ( I don’t play with penalties, but this was my NHL20 ones)
CPU Penalties: 37
CPU Teammate Penalties: 37
Tripping: 20
Slashing : 5
Elbowing : 100-Max
High Sticking : 100-Max
Cross Checking: 100-Max
Boarding : 60
Charging : 50
Delay of Game : 75
Holding : 45
Hooking : 20
Interference : 85

AI
AI Learning: 0
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 4
CPU Faceoff Difficulty: 65
Fight Difficulty: 50
CPU Strategy Adjustment: 3
User Strategy Adjustment: 3
BAP Strategy Adjustment: 3


*********************************
RECOMMEND for the BEST Experience
*********************************


1) Download my Roster that was Taylor made to fix the inactive DMEN in NHL22, the Roster's name is (PernellKarl076 Roster) date uploaded 09/30/22
The creator is myself on XBX (P4TRICK 027)

2) Take my slider set as is and try for 5 games… Some values will appear extreme but just trust me 😉

3) Before each game go in strategies and put the cycle/shoot for each defensive pairs at the MAX on the right.

4) Play position LOCK… The best way to play the game IMO, you'll have to make split second decisions and you'll be rewarded.

5) Goes hand in hand with no4, PLAY YOUR POSITION…don't run everywhere on the ice and you will be rewarded and you'll be amazed at how you AI teammates play way better this way 😀

6) NEVER ask for a pass… NEVER…. The AI will pass on plenty of occasions if you are in a good spot, so work your *** off to get there 😆

7) ACTION CAM… Give it a go even if you've never really liked it… IT puts you right there on the ice, not like you are in the sky playing or watching TV…

8) Maybe extreme, but I play with no HUD whatsoever… Not even the player indicator… Sooooo immersive, just remember your players at the said position… When I see YOuTubers playing with a Christmas tree lighting on the ice and deeking fest, I just wanna throw up 🤢 😆

9) Have a blast 😀

********************

Hope you like this set like I do and let me know how they went for you... Thanks !
__________________
PernellKarl076 NHL23 (Hardcore sliders)
If you love that "sky cam air pinball hockey thingy" good for you… I love HOCKEY… Kill me !
If you know, you know !
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)

Last edited by PernellKarl076; 10-14-2022 at 04:21 PM. Reason: New Values here and there
PernellKarl076 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 10:31 AM   #2
Rookie
 
BigBadAss33's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: IN A HOUSE
Blog Entries: 13
Re: NHL22 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
First off, I'm an offline player at the core, and I've always wanted a game that plays like real Hockey. So beware, if you are a kid that likes easy and arcade type stuff, please stay away, this set is not for you...

The gameplay is loose and fast like real hockey... I've adjusted all the settings equal for both Human and AI. I have played around 20 games with this set and never felt cheated by the AI, not once ! And believe me, that's a first... I've lost games where I had a big smile on my face because the game gave me what I was looking for. Now that's saying something, lol !

Try these out and in my humble opinion, you'll never go back to anything else. We have all our style of play, but this one fits my style and I've literally been on the edge of my seat playing this set...

****NOTE: Manual line changes is a must, cause you know when to make them, when set on Auto, you will be caught with your pants down often...

- The puck is loose, and puck protection as never been more important.

- Quick decisions is a priority, I've never really use one touch-passing like this before and now it's a must have, lol !

- For me 10 minutes periods is more than enough and you really get in the game...

- Not really looking for super realistic stats, GAMEPLAY is the true priority for me... You may be worried when you look at some of these settings, but trust me if you love real hockey, you'll never go back 😀

NOTE: This is the way I play and I suggest you give it a try for at least 5 games and you will be hooked.

Rule no1, Player lock is a must.
Rule no2, Action camera Auto Zoom ( I even play with the camera going down sometimes and it gives you the feel of that camera over the net that you see sometimes during power plays, it's awesome ! Try it 😀
Rule no3, Disable everything in the HUD, I even play without player indicators and you'll learn to enjoy the beauty of it all 😀
Rule no4, NEVER ask for a pass…. Put yourself in good positions and your teammates will find you don’t worry 😉

Quick Settings
NHL Experience: I am an expert
Controls: Skill Stick
Difficulty: All-Star
Gameplay Preset: Custom (FULL SIM)
On Ice Trainer: OFF
Shot Aim: Assist or Manual


Rules
Game Play Presets: Custom (Full Sim)
Game Style: Custom (Full Sim)
Post Whistle Rules: Authentic
Rules: Custom (NHL)
Fighting: 0 ( I don’t care for that stuff)
Icing: Hybrid Icing
Injuries: On
Offsides: Delayed
Penalties: 0 ( I play without penalties and it’s great)
Tie Break: 5 min (3 on3) then shootout
Trapezoid Rule: Off
Penalty Time Scaling: 0
Coincidental Penalty Time Scale: 0

Game Settings
Game Play Presets: Custom (Full Sim)
Game Style: Custom (Full Sim)
Period Length: 10 minutes
Difficulty: All-Star or Superstar
Camera: ACTION ( Try it on player lock, you will love it )
Goalie Camera: High
Shootout Camera: Dynamic Low
Away Line Changes: Manual
Away Shot Aim: Aim Assist ( This is to counter whatever cheese you may find)
Home Line Changes: Manual
Home Shot Aim: Aim Assist

Gameplay Sliders

GENERAL
Gameplay Version: latest (make sure you download the latest tuner)
Game Style – Custom (Full Sim)
Attribute Effects : 5
Broken Stick Frequency : 44
Game Speed : 0
Fatigue Effect : 99
Fatigue Recovery : 26
Injury Occurrence : 0 ( I don’t like injuries )

SKATING
Back Skating: 50
Hustle Type : Authentic
Puck Carrier Agility : 50
Puck Carrier Skating: 50
Player Acceleration : 47
Skating Speed : 52
Skating Agility : 7 ( Don’t fret, everything will be fine, you'll actually feel more like a hockey player on ice )

SHOOTING
One Timer Accuracy : 50
Shot Accuracy : 45
Shot Power : 50
Slap Shot Accuracy : 51
Slap Shot Power : 50

PASSING * To get the desired effect, these must be exact. *
Manual Passing - ON
Pass Assist : 0 ( yes 0, that's where the magic kicks in )
Min Pass Speed: 28
Max Pass Speed: 65
Saucer Pass Speed : 50
Pass Accuracy : 1 ( do not panic, everything will be fine )
Pass Interceptions : 99 ( ditto )
Pass Reception Ease : 26
Reception Reaction Time : 86
Puck Control Rating Effect : 34
Puck Speed Reception Effect : 50
Pickup Type Effect : 50
Bouncing Puck Receptions : 29

PUCK CONTROL
Incidental Contact Puck Loss : Stick , Legs and Body
Incidental Stick Contact Immunity : 0
Puck Control : 25
Deking Impact : 50
Spin Deke Impact : 50
Skating Impact : 45

GOALIES
Goalie Cover Frequency : 45
Goalie Passing : 65
Goalie Cross Crease Reaction Time : 50
Goalie Save Reaction Time : 50
Goalie Deflection Reaction Time : 50
Goalie Screen Effect : 60
Goalie Screen Persistence : 60

CHECKING
Board Effect Non-Puck Carrier : 100
Board Effect Puck Carrier : 100
Hitting Assistance : 0 ( you will do great 😊
Stumble Threshold : 100-Max
Fall and Stumble Fall Ease: 74
Aggression : 59
Hitting Power : 2 ( Yes 2 ) You will have to earn your destroying checks, just like the real thing, and when you do, you will be smiling for days…
Size Effect : 70
Speed Effect : 70
Checking/Balance Rating Effect : 83
Preparedness Effect : 51
Incidental Contact Effect : 20
Poke Checking Accuracy : 0
Poke Checking Power : 0
Stick Lift Effectiveness : 15

PENALTIES ( I don’t play with penalties, but this was my NHL20 ones)
CPU Penalties: 37
CPU Teammate Penalties: 37
Tripping: 20
Slashing : 5
Elbowing : 100-Max
High Sticking : 100-Max
Cross Checking: 100-Max
Boarding : 60
Charging : 50
Delay of Game : 75
Holding : 45
Hooking : 20
Interference : 85

AI
AI Learning: 0
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 0
CPU Faceoff Difficulty: 65
Fight Difficulty: 50
CPU Strategy Adjustment: 2
User Strategy Adjustment: 2
BAP Strategy Adjustment: 5

-----------

Hope you like this set like I do and let me know how they went for you... Thanks !
We must be brothers from another mother!! LOL

can i ask you a favor, give my sliders a run, im betting they are almost exact to yours.. but remember BROADCAST CAMERA. I have this theory that the game plays differently on different cameras.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...mera-only.html

thanks in advance
BigBadAss33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 11:35 AM   #3
Pro
 
PernellKarl076's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2019
Re: NHL22 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
We must be brothers from another mother!! LOL

can i ask you a favor, give my sliders a run, im betting they are almost exact to yours.. but remember BROADCAST CAMERA. I have this theory that the game plays differently on different cameras.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...mera-only.html

thanks in advance
Yes I think we are, lol !

Just had the most amazing game with all my tinkering, lol !

Me LW lock on Anaheim vs Calgary, finished 5-4 in OT… But you know the FIX for the AI défense was in full effect in that game… Out of 35 shots from CGY, 9 made it to the net from DMEN, Rasmussen and Weegar scoring one each, and on my side out of 34 shots, 6 were by DMEN… Kulikov scored one !

I’m in no need to buy NHL 23 right now, lol !

As far as the cameras, believe me I’ve tried them all and the one that puts me right there is ACTION cam… I feel like I’m there instead of watching the game on TV… That's where Broadcast camera throws me off a bit. But believe me I tried, lol ! And it's a challenge and I love challenges, lol !

Will give your sliders a try buddy, but now I’m still tinkering here and there to get the most out of NHL22… Remember, I just came back on NHL about 2 weeks ago 😀
PernellKarl076 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:16 PM   #4
Rookie
 
BigBadAss33's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: IN A HOUSE
Blog Entries: 13
Re: NHL22 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Yes I think we are, lol !

Just had the most amazing game with all my tinkering, lol !

Me LW lock on Anaheim vs Calgary, finished 5-4 in OT… But you know the FIX for the AI défense was in full effect in that game… Out of 35 shots from CGY, 9 made it to the net from DMEN, Rasmussen and Weegar scoring one each, and on my side out of 34 shots, 6 were by DMEN… Kulikov scored one !

I’m in no need to buy NHL 23 right now, lol !

As far as the cameras, believe me I’ve tried them all and the one that puts me right there is ACTION cam… I feel like I’m there instead of watching the game on TV… That's where Broadcast camera throws me off a bit. But believe me I tried, lol ! And it's a challenge and I love challenges, lol !

Will give your sliders a try buddy, but now I’m still tinkering here and there to get the most out of NHL22… Remember, I just came back on NHL about 2 weeks ago 😀
I was on the fence for 23, but reading the crowd improvements and new goalie animations has me sold! Ill wait for black Friday sale!!

I do have a question for you - DID YOU EDIT EVERY TEAMS DEFENSEMAN OR JUST YOURS?

If you did every team then I would suggest sharing roster or adding that to your explanation. just a tip is all..
BigBadAss33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:22 PM   #5
Pro
 
PernellKarl076's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2019
Re: NHL22 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
I was on the fence for 23, but reading the crowd improvements and new goalie animations has me sold! Ill wait for black Friday sale!!

I do have a question for you - DID YOU EDIT EVERY TEAMS DEFENSEMAN OR JUST YOURS?

If you did every team then I would suggest sharing roster or adding that to your explanation. just a tip is all..
I did for all the teams I’m testing with, but yes, the updated Roster will be coming very soon, as soon as I'm a 100% satisfied with the finished product 😀

Now it’s my turn to have a question for you buddy, I’m pretty new to rosters and stuff, but I’m on Xbox Series X, do the rosters work no matter the platform ?

And BTW, a huge shoutout to the guy that did the Roster I’m playing with right now (WOZ PROSPECTS V21) not exactly his now because of the stuff I did to it, but yeah, great Roster from what I saw on the teams that I know best. From the Jersey numbers and captaincy and all.. Good Job 👍
__________________
PernellKarl076 NHL23 (Hardcore sliders)
If you love that "sky cam air pinball hockey thingy" good for you… I love HOCKEY… Kill me !
If you know, you know !
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
PernellKarl076 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2022, 10:53 AM   #6
Rookie
 
BigBadAss33's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: IN A HOUSE
Blog Entries: 13
Re: NHL22 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
I did for all the teams I’m testing with, but yes, the updated Roster will be coming very soon, as soon as I'm a 100% satisfied with the finished product 😀

Now it’s my turn to have a question for you buddy, I’m pretty new to rosters and stuff, but I’m on Xbox Series X, do the rosters work no matter the platform ?

And BTW, a huge shoutout to the guy that did the Roster I’m playing with right now (WOZ PROSPECTS V21) not exactly his now because of the stuff I did to it, but yeah, great Roster from what I saw on the teams that I know best. From the Jersey numbers and captaincy and all.. Good Job 👍
I'm on PS4 and PS5. I'm pretty sure the rosters are system specific but not 100%.

The bad part was that i went to play 22 yesterday and realized that i did NOT purchase the xfactor version so i have to dig out my ps4 to play.
BigBadAss33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:55 AM   #7
Pro
 
PernellKarl076's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2019
Re: NHL22 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
I'm on PS4 and PS5. I'm pretty sure the rosters are system specific but not 100%.

The bad part was that i went to play 22 yesterday and realized that i did NOT purchase the xfactor version so i have to dig out my ps4 to play.
Wait… What ??? Are you saying that Next Gen version is not the same as Old Gen version ? The older version doesn't have XFACTOR ?

Could it be that Old Gen version without XFACTOR doesn't have the zombies DMEN that always try to pass to forwards ???
__________________
PernellKarl076 NHL23 (Hardcore sliders)
If you love that "sky cam air pinball hockey thingy" good for you… I love HOCKEY… Kill me !
If you know, you know !
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
PernellKarl076 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 04:42 PM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2015
Re: NHL22 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Not trying to be a **** here — really like your enthusiasm, and you’re on to some interesting stuff — but how can you say you’re promoting “real hockey”, but simultaneously set penalties to OFF?
bryta47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 AM.
Top -