Home

PernellKarl076 NHL23 (Hardcore Sliders)

This is a discussion on PernellKarl076 NHL23 (Hardcore Sliders) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2022, 12:59 PM   #401
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PernellKarl076 NHL23 (Hardcore Sliders)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluice
It's also weird that you can't get into BAP with an existing player. I'm pretty sure we could do it in a previous iteration.... The last title on the PS3 or PS4 (before the PS4 pro was a thing).

How can I not like this "new BAP"?..
I mean, for 90% of a match, I can can control Crosby, Malkin and myself (as a third line speedy and gritty upcoming star - as I normally would in my 2nd BAP season... except I don't need to do the boring grinding)

Can't wait to see, your "new" defense!

Yeah, and by controlling 4 players and sometimes more because of PK's and PP's, you really get to feel the players different attributes…

The other thing that I didn’t like about BAP, it felt like a grind and sometimes I wished I could change position… In this "NEW BAP" 😉 I sometimes take control of a D for a game or two and at the same time watch "myself", my player play his "regular" game 😀
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2022, 03:04 PM   #402
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Yeah, and by controlling 4 players and sometimes more because of PK's and PP's, you really get to feel the players different attributes…

The other thing that I didn’t like about BAP, it felt like a grind and sometimes I wished I could change position… In this "NEW BAP" 😉 I sometimes take control of a D for a game or two and at the same time watch "myself", my player play his "regular" game 😀
Great idea!

I might run a few games as RD with Letang and Klingberg (my "big" acquisition of the year to help the Pens win one last championship with their core), although I'm just so bad with Right Handed player, it's not even funny.

PS: Letang just had a second stroke (in real life)
Old 12-01-2022, 01:15 AM   #403
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Yeah sluice, too bad for Letang… It’s crazy that’s his second at such a young age ! Hope he recovers well and he doesn’t have any sequels…
Old 12-01-2022, 01:31 AM   #404
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Guys I’m proud to present to you NHL23 ACTIVE DMEN VERSION 2 😀

Like I said earlier in this thread, one thing that still was bugging me in the D's AI, was the fact that they sometimes were still caught like a deer watching headlights 😳

I’ve always dreamed that the AI D would play more like me, more like a human that would control them… Making quicker decisions with the puck, instead of sometimes watching their girlfriends in the stands, lol !

This is one period with the new DMen in action…

I’ve put the names below players, so you could identify them better and also I’m playing LW lock and never call for passes, so it’s all AI D’s on both sides 😀

Challenge: Can you identify at least just once where ONE D is actually caught napping ?? For real, it’s pretty hard, they are on RedBull big time and moving the freaking puck 😉

You can watch in 4K on YT

Let me know what you guys think 🤔
Old 12-01-2022, 04:26 AM   #405
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Guys I’m proud to present to you NHL23 ACTIVE DMEN VERSION 2

Like I said earlier in this thread, one thing that still was bugging me in the D's AI, was the fact that they sometimes were still caught like a deer watching headlights

I’ve always dreamed that the AI D would play more like me, more like a human that would control them… Making quicker decisions with the puck, instead of sometimes watching their girlfriends in the stands, lol !

I’ve put the names below players, so you could identify them better and also I’m playing LW lock and never call for passes, so it’s all AI D’s on both sides

Challenge: Can you identify at least just once where ONE D is actually caught napping ?? For real, it’s pretty hard, they are on RedBull big time and moving the freaking puck

Let me know what you guys think

What edits were made PK? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2022, 12:15 PM   #406
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Guys I’m proud to present to you NHL23 ACTIVE DMEN VERSION 2 😀

Like I said earlier in this thread, one thing that still was bugging me in the D's AI, was the fact that they sometimes were still caught like a deer watching headlights 😳

I’ve put the names below players, so you could identify them better and also I’m playing LW lock and never call for passes, so it’s all AI D’s on both sides 😀

Challenge: Can you identify at least just once where ONE D is actually caught napping ?? For real, it’s pretty hard, they are on RedBull big time and moving the freaking puck 😉

Let me know what you guys think 🤔
In my franchise ALL the d-men are super active and mostly unbeatable.. My current test is trying creating line matchups (EX. my 1st versus their 3rd)

Also if possible I am also trying to figure out if its hardcoded into the game the EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING puck carrier ALWAYS heading to center ice and the attempted shot ALWAYS getting blocked or just taken off your stick.. That is SO unreal and video game garbage..

I also have a ? for you - I don't see you ever STICK HANDLE. I DO stick handle, but it barely works sometimes. Was wondering if you ever see this?

NHL - "THE BIG BAD" Boston Bruins
CFB - Michigan Wolverine Football
CCHA - Michigan Wolverine Hockey
NFL - Americas Team - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - NY Metropolitans
NBA - NY Knickerbockers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRN...aJvEflVQmjGMFQ
Old 12-01-2022, 12:18 PM   #407
Rookie

Looks good PK! (I only got to watch about 5 minutes, busy day at work today! But I like what I saw. At one time, I found the D to take too much time to make a breakout pass, but at least he did!)

Curious to hear what we need to do, as I'm about to embark in a second Franchise run with another team for a bigger challenge. I'll wait until I hear from you before starting it!

I'll be happy to test said change and comment on it!
Old 12-01-2022, 12:46 PM   #408
Rookie

ShadowGhost25's Arena

Wanted to start a franchise save with WSH and just had a couple questions

1.Using the PK76 roster what can I expect to see with Dmen trade values and overall player stats, will I see few 100 point players at the end of season

2.What changes do I need to make to the sliders when its CPU vs CPU

3. Do you find you get a good amount of injuries during the sim

4. How should sim i.e. in game(with speed 4x or8x) or calendar

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »