Home

Hardcore vs Simulation

This is a discussion on Hardcore vs Simulation within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2014, 06:39 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Hardcore vs Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
To be honest, game style names aren't really good or revealing and it helps bringing a lot of confusion. What they call Simulation to me should be called Arcade, since there is a lot of assist given to the player in term of passing and hitting, there is less fatigue, more puck control and it goes on and on. What they call Hardcore for me could be called Simulation, because it's harder and the most realistic setting.

By the way, All-Star/Hardcore is the setting used for online games.

I agree its misleading... I was 6 games into my first gm mode season before I realized hardcore was more sim than "simulation"..... I deleted my season and started over on hardcore
Old 09-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #10
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

IMO, its the same...EA just put it there to seem that there is difference...but in reality there's none. I did 2 BaGM one is AS/Sim and AS/H....not much of a difference really.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #11
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Make sure you go back in and check to make sure it says "hardcore" and not "custom" at least in BeaGM. If you change something lost post whistle rules to "authentic" it will change to "custom" which also changes game speed back to simulation and passing to auto. For some reason on "hardcore" you have to use "relaxed" post whistle settings.

I notice a HUGE difference with "simulation" vs "hardcore". Hardcore feels MUCH more like real hockey to me. (first year I've actually used it)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Make sure you go back in and check to make sure it says "hardcore" and not "custom" at least in BeaGM. If you change something lost post whistle rules to "authentic" it will change to "custom" which also changes game speed back to simulation and passing to auto. For some reason on "hardcore" you have to use "relaxed" post whistle settings.

I notice a HUGE difference with "simulation" vs "hardcore". Hardcore feels MUCH more like real hockey to me. (first year I've actually used it)
If i remember correctly from last year, you have to change the gamestyle first, THEN tweak your sliders.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

It's just preset sliders. Set to hardcore first so it adjusts your sliders, and then change the rules to authentic etc.

It will then show custom but you will be using the hardcore preset sliders still.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #14
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
It's just preset sliders. Set to hardcore first so it adjusts your sliders, and then change the rules to authentic etc.

It will then show custom but you will be using the hardcore preset sliders still.
Yes, but it changes the game speed and what not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »