Home

Clarkie's NHL 15 All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on Clarkie's NHL 15 All-Star Slider Set within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #17
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Clarkie's NHL 15 All-Star Slider Set

Sounds promising to me...a good variety of results between you and awells79
Old 09-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #18
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0

Just for a bit of background, I had begun a GM mode with al_titos sliders. I got through ten games with them, and I was 5-4-1. I liked them from the get go, but the hits, save % and shots on goal were getting out of whack stats virtually every game. I asked around and got some advice on which sliders to tweak, and quite frankly, I got in a bit over my head, as I ended up with gameplay that overall wasn't satisfying me. By the tenth game there were more and more problems. I saw these ones and they looked similar to what I had pictured I was looking for.

This is a four game sample...three losses and a shootout win (stats from the end of the third in the s/o game).

Things I noticed:

1) shots on goal are very good...I never dominated this stat in any game...this is the first set of sliders where I have had a run of four games without smoking the CPU in this department.

2) Time on Attack is very competitive as well

3) Edmonton had 0 hits in the game against them. I thought this would be a huge issue after that first game, but the next two were pretty spot on, then again vs San Jose they only had 3. I don't know if we can work to get this stat more consistent or not. I really don't think I want to tweak too much over this issue because the shots and time on attack stats are so good (so far)

4) I just got spanked in the faceoffs in every game. I am going to turn the face off difficulty down to 3

5) Nice variance in the goals per game. I had a couple of tight games, and the game I lost 5-3 was never really in reach.

6) While the team differential wasn't huge, I did certainly feel that Colorado was faster than the other teams.

7) There was still a shortage on penalties in a couple of the games, especially CPU penalties. I know this slider is maxed out, so again without jeopardizing the integrity of the rest of the gameplay, I may just have to deal with this.

8) On the bright side of the special teams situation, I saw plenty of special teams goals, be it giving up power play goals, or scoring shothanders in the Sharks game.

Overall I like this set a lot...I will play more tomorrow night and give some more impressions, but honestly this is the best set for my gameplay that I've tried.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #19
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Thank you for the feedback. Looks like you had some great games. I am glad you're going to be sticking with these. I 100% feel like manual passing off is the key to a competitive game. There are still user turnovers. But the ones that happen are realistic. Manual passing in my opinion has been the most overrated feature since it's existence. Penalties in the real NHL are very unpredictable too so I don't put too much weight on a game with only 3 or 4. To me it depends on the user. If you are quick to pass the puck before a man is on you then how are you supposed to get penalties. I found that skating with the puck and puck possession is where the penalties get called. Try skating by a defender forcing him to poke or stick lift. Don't just pass as soon as he comes to you. Also cycle the puck. I can't say it enough. Make the CPU play Defense the way that they make us. That's how a variety of scoring chances are created.

We all want simulation hockey. But if we aren't willing to play it the way it's played in real life then what do you expect to happen. I will hopefully get some games in this weekend and will post pictures of the box scores.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #20
MVP

northmen24's Arena

I have gone to Manual line changes. I can't take it anymore when my players changed instead of going on an odd man break. Now I can control my guys. Makes for more 3 on 2 and 2 on 1. What's another 10 seconds for a scoring chance.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #21
MVP

northmen24's Arena

I'm not sure yet. But I might lower goalie reaction time back to 5 and screen effect back up to 3. The newest tuner seems to have made scoring a bit more challenging. I had a game with the sliders in the first post and won 4-0. But I haven't scored a goal in 2 games since. I will play a few more before I change anything. Anyone else notice anything they want to discuss?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #22
MVP

northmen24's Arena

No changes for now. Played 2 games last night. First one was Chicago (me) vs Detroit. Detroit got up 4-1 early in the 2nd. Pulled Crawford, put in Raanta and tied it up 4-4 after making some strategy changes. 4-4 end if 2. Datsyuk scores early on in the 3rd only to have Sharp tie it with 2 minutes to go. Wings jump on a big rebound in Overtime to win 6-5.

Very next game. I was San Jose vs Dallas. 1-1 going into overtime. Dallas sneaks behind my Defense on a bad line change and makes it count. I lost both games in overtime. But they were so close to how up and down the NHL can be. I love this game and I love my sliders.

I am going to start a GM once the first roster update comes out for the start of regular season. So sliders on the first post are what I'm using.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #23
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Played 3 games tonight. First one I beat Vancouver 5-4 in overtime. Then lost 4-1 to Pittsburgh. And the final one beat Detroit 4-1. All great games. Haven't changed any settings in a while. And all of a sudden I've gone from 4 penalties per team down to 0-2 in the 3 games tonight. I'll play some more this week to see what happens. Hopefully it isn't too far away for the next roster update so I can start a GM and see how the sliders play there. Has anyone tested these in Be A GM mode yet?
Old 09-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
No changes for now. Played 2 games last night. First one was Chicago (me) vs Detroit. Detroit got up 4-1 early in the 2nd. Pulled Crawford, put in Raanta and tied it up 4-4 after making some strategy changes. 4-4 end if 2. Datsyuk scores early on in the 3rd only to have Sharp tie it with 2 minutes to go. Wings jump on a big rebound in Overtime to win 6-5.

Very next game. I was San Jose vs Dallas. 1-1 going into overtime. Dallas sneaks behind my Defense on a bad line change and makes it count. I lost both games in overtime. But they were so close to how up and down the NHL can be. I love this game and I love my sliders.

I am going to start a GM once the first roster update comes out for the start of regular season. So sliders on the first post are what I'm using.
I wouldn't worry too much about accurate starting rosters. Even if you turn off trades in Beagm the cpu teams still sign free agents like crazy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »