Home

TheSham ALLSTAR NEAR DEFAULT HARDCORE SIM SLIDERS

This is a discussion on TheSham ALLSTAR NEAR DEFAULT HARDCORE SIM SLIDERS within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 03:05 AM   #49
Rookie

misch13fRoyale's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: TheSham ALLSTAR NEAR DEFAULT HARDCORE SIM SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Hey I have no ego but I am playing Playoff Mode now so its a different beast but we our all here to help and learn so please post your adjustments !

Cant wait to try um but could you believe people actually said I lied about there being penalties till I posted the boxscore proof on only 8 minute periods .
I mean they turn everything down like shot accuracy and game speed for realism and then cry theres not enough shots or penalties .

As I said before and you can attest I can make this game play anyway I want with a few clicks of key sliders so keeping on posting because the game play is amazing .
hence, why I got your back.... i know i read some people think it was a lie. But no, crank up the speed and counter it with lowering the acceleration and you got yourself penalties. the second game i played phoenix took 3 penalties early and then it almost evened up, i took two near the end of the game. Two games into season, and ive had to kill 8 penalties including a 5, and had 9 pp's .
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles Galaxy
Old 10-01-2014, 03:10 AM   #50
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by misch13fRoyale
hence, why I got your back.... i know i read some people think it was a lie. But no, crank up the speed and counter it with lowering the acceleration and you got yourself penalties. the second game i played phoenix took 3 penalties early and then it almost evened up, i took two near the end of the game. Two games into season, and ive had to kill 8 penalties including a 5, and had 9 pp's .
Exactly ! and yeah you should be able to play any way you want but all the extreme changes with key sliders can really change the game play and thats why I let near default unfold the way ea programmed the game.

I wonder what would happen with your sliders on Pro do you think there would be penalties ? I tried on pro default with penalties maxed and saw few as I was trying to help someone who wanted to play on pro.

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-01-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:12 AM   #51
Rookie

misch13fRoyale's Arena

To add to my last comment, I also have realized alot of people, play a verrrrrrry north south type of game in offline mode, and maybe, just maybe the CPU players dont catch up to your guys, and there is ALWAYS enough of a separation where the CPU cant get that slash or hook or trip in, and to what you said playing 5-8 min periods might be enough to get you those PP counts, especially when its speed playing through a game. my two cents.
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles Galaxy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 03:17 AM   #52
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
To add to my last comment, I also have realized alot of people, play a verrrrrrry north south type of game in offline mode, and maybe, just maybe the CPU players dont catch up to your guys, and there is ALWAYS enough of a separation where the CPU cant get that slash or hook or trip in, and to what you said playing 5-8 min periods might be enough to get you those PP counts, especially when its speed playing through a game. my two cents.
Yep I always try to play real hockey also and mess with cpu aggression , cpu puck interception or slow down your hu acceleration and the cpu will be on you and fore check you to hell

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-01-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #53
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Quote:
Will you post your sliders?? And where to find them?
Old 10-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #54
Rookie

misch13fRoyale's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Will you post your sliders?? And where to find them?

Sure thing bud. Ill post them here, since theyre very similar to thesham's slider set. Leaving work, ill post them in about 30-45 min. Hope they help you and anyone else.
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles Galaxy
Old 10-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #55
Rookie

misch13fRoyale's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Yep I always try to play real hockey also and mess with cpu aggression , cpu puck interception or slow down your hu acceleration and the cpu will be on you and fore check you to hell
ya man, Altito's slider sets have been a great base in the past for me, but having played the game for most of my life, (not bragging) i love the game a bit faster and chaotic, I know they are a tad bit too slow for my liking. To each their own i guess with slider sets. But another thing I HATE is the shot speed sliders, once it goes 3 or above the puck is like like supersonic speed, sometimes you dont even catch it going in the net, and you see the opposition celebrating a goal. So, I tinkered with those too, and once i get home and post my slider set, i tried something with that and the goalie reaction speed. I lowered them all, and visually alot more pleasant for me atleast. You can give it a go, i just feel like its alot more realistic than warp speed. lowered the Goalie reaction to 1 and to what you said about the softies being let in due to the goalie screen effect sliders being high. spot on, (great observation) I lowered that to 2. The shot settings, are 2 for shot speed and 2 for slap shot. Once again i will post my slider set for you all to try.
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles Galaxy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #56
Rookie

misch13fRoyale's Arena

here are my slider settings. Like ive mentioned above, two games into my season, ive had two fun games, 1-0 OT win over SJ, which saw 12 PP's and also, the next game i beat PHX, 5-2 which saw 5 PP's combined. I slowed down the shot speed as you will see in the Shooting category, but also slowed down the goalie reaction speed and lowered the goalie screen effect (thesham's excellent observation) which lowers the number of fluky goals, which also lowers the potential of a shattered TV screen via controller. lol. anyways without further ado, here they are:

RULES
Difficulty: Superstar
Fighting: 1 or 2 up to you, ill use two at the start of the season since it simulates the start of every NHL season, lots of fights then at some point lower it to 1.
gamestyle: Custom based off of Hardcore.
Penalties: max
penalty time scaling 4 or 5 I think there isnt enough time with the pressure at superstar to properly set up and get a few shots in.
period length: 12 min
post whistle: anything goes
trade difficulty: hard

GENERAL (CPU/HUMAN)
Attribute effects: 4 or 5
Broken stick: 3
Game speed: max
fatigue effect: max for both
fatigue recovery: 3/3
injury: 3/3
acceleration: 1/1
puck control: 1/2

AI
AI learning: max
CPU difficulty: 1 (or what you choose)
FO difficulty: 3 (superstar 3 is all star 4)
CPU penalties: max
CPU strategy adjustment: max ( i enjoy the late game pressure, or response to goals, its the way it should be)
CPU teammate penalties: 3 or 4 if youre not taking enough penalties.
Fight difficulty: 4
User strategy adjustment: 0 unless you let the CPU do your strategy changes ramp it up.

PASSING
manual pass: on
pass assist: 1 or 2
pass speed: 0 eliminates the ping pong passing speeds.
sauce speed: 2
pass accuracy: 0/2
pass interceptions: 4/4
pass reception ease: 0/0

SHOOTING
one time acc: 1/1
shot acc: 1/1
shot power: 2/2**
slap shot acc: 1/1
slap shot power: 2/2**

**trust me it feels more organic.

HITTING
hit assistance: 1 or 2
aggression: 6/6 or 5/5 up to you. i enjoy more pressure.
hit power: 4/1 for some reason the hitting sucks in this game statistically, always massive advantage to human players. This is something im still trying to see patterns with. (under construction i guess)
poke effectiveness: 3/4
stick lift: 4/4

GOALIES
goalie cover frequency: 6
goalie passing; 6 pressure like in real life, as weve all been taught on the ice, to make goalie cover the puck.
goalie reaction speed: 1/1 i know you may think im crazy, but with shot powers down to 2, feels realistic to me, no warped speed shots that go in unnoticed.
goalie screen effect: 2/2 DEFINITELY cuts down on stupid fluky goals.

Hope you enjoy these, and/or use them as a base for something that caters to your style of play, because thats what sliders are really there for. Ive been playing this damn monopoly of a series (ea sports nhl series) since the dawn of time, lol, and although disappointed with this years version, i seriously am trying to make the best of it, and so far these were fun. Hoping youll enjoy them too.
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles Galaxy

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »