Home

TheSham ALLSTAR NEAR DEFAULT HARDCORE SIM SLIDERS

This is a discussion on TheSham ALLSTAR NEAR DEFAULT HARDCORE SIM SLIDERS within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #57
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: TheSham ALLSTAR NEAR DEFAULT HARDCORE SIM SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by misch13fRoyale
here are my slider settings. Like ive mentioned above, two games into my season, ive had two fun games, 1-0 OT win over SJ, which saw 12 PP's and also, the next game i beat PHX, 5-2 which saw 5 PP's combined. I slowed down the shot speed as you will see in the Shooting category, but also slowed down the goalie reaction speed and lowered the goalie screen effect (thesham's excellent observation) which lowers the number of fluky goals, which also lowers the potential of a shattered TV screen via controller. lol. anyways without further ado, here they are:

RULES
Difficulty: Superstar
Fighting: 1 or 2 up to you, ill use two at the start of the season since it simulates the start of every NHL season, lots of fights then at some point lower it to 1.
gamestyle: Custom based off of Hardcore.
Penalties: max
penalty time scaling 4 or 5 I think there isnt enough time with the pressure at superstar to properly set up and get a few shots in.
period length: 12 min
post whistle: anything goes
trade difficulty: hard

GENERAL (CPU/HUMAN)
Attribute effects: 4 or 5
Broken stick: 3
Game speed: max
fatigue effect: max for both
fatigue recovery: 3/3
injury: 3/3
acceleration: 1/1
puck control: 1/2

AI
AI learning: max
CPU difficulty: 1 (or what you choose)
FO difficulty: 3 (superstar 3 is all star 4)
CPU penalties: max
CPU strategy adjustment: max ( i enjoy the late game pressure, or response to goals, its the way it should be)
CPU teammate penalties: 3 or 4 if youre not taking enough penalties.
Fight difficulty: 4
User strategy adjustment: 0 unless you let the CPU do your strategy changes ramp it up.

PASSING
manual pass: on
pass assist: 1 or 2
pass speed: 0 eliminates the ping pong passing speeds.
sauce speed: 2
pass accuracy: 0/2
pass interceptions: 4/4
pass reception ease: 0/0

SHOOTING
one time acc: 1/1
shot acc: 1/1
shot power: 2/2**
slap shot acc: 1/1
slap shot power: 2/2**

**trust me it feels more organic.

HITTING
hit assistance: 1 or 2
aggression: 6/6 or 5/5 up to you. i enjoy more pressure.
hit power: 4/1 for some reason the hitting sucks in this game statistically, always massive advantage to human players. This is something im still trying to see patterns with. (under construction i guess)
poke effectiveness: 3/4
stick lift: 4/4

GOALIES
goalie cover frequency: 6
goalie passing; 6 pressure like in real life, as weve all been taught on the ice, to make goalie cover the puck.
goalie reaction speed: 1/1 i know you may think im crazy, but with shot powers down to 2, feels realistic to me, no warped speed shots that go in unnoticed.
goalie screen effect: 2/2 DEFINITELY cuts down on stupid fluky goals.

Hope you enjoy these, and/or use them as a base for something that caters to your style of play, because thats what sliders are really there for. Ive been playing this damn monopoly of a series (ea sports nhl series) since the dawn of time, lol, and although disappointed with this years version, i seriously am trying to make the best of it, and so far these were fun. Hoping youll enjoy them too.

Thank you for posting them. I already have my slider set up on the site. "Clarkie's" but always looking to tweak and find secrets. Would you mind trying mine out and telling me what you think? I really don't like manual passing at all. But I will give yours a go tonight.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #58
Rookie

misch13fRoyale's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Thank you for posting them. I already have my slider set up on the site. "Clarkie's" but always looking to tweak and find secrets. Would you mind trying mine out and telling me what you think? I really don't like manual passing at all. But I will give yours a go tonight.
sure thing man.... ill give em go right now. Just had another game.... 3 PPs each. WPG and LA. Agreed with the secrets. You always end up taking away from others slider sets and making adjustments. Ill give yours a go right now comment over there.
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles Galaxy
Old 10-03-2014, 12:43 AM   #59
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by misch13fRoyale
sure thing man.... ill give em go right now. Just had another game.... 3 PPs each. WPG and LA. Agreed with the secrets. You always end up taking away from others slider sets and making adjustments. Ill give yours a go right now comment over there.
See how the new patch works with your sliders , im gonna post my Playoff ones soon but gameplay may have change ?
Old 10-03-2014, 03:44 AM   #60
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

@Shame: how do you get so many penalties per team per match? Because so many people dont get that many penalties as you, you have to play in a special way that allows the CPU takes penalties. Cant you put up some videos on how you play.

This is very interesting.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #61
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Any update on these with the new patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #62
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Any update on these with the new patch?
Not yet as its looking like a train wreck as they always adjust for online play which leaves offline messed up but this is really bad update from years ago where nothing but hitting and fighting control the game .

I also only play on playoff mode so its even worse so unless EA puts out another patch I will have to gimp gameplay to limit the momentum /tilted ice garbage that controls the game .

Its amazing that this update lost everything organic that people loved about NHL 15 and changed it back into NHL Hitz .
Old 10-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #63
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonapaloma
@Shame: how do you get so many penalties per team per match? Because so many people dont get that many penalties as you, you have to play in a special way that allows the CPU takes penalties. Cant you put up some videos on how you play.

This is very interesting.
I can do pictures but Im not sure on videos but check the no penalties threads as I have all my boxscores and info on how to do it there .

I had 10 and 8 PP in two games on near default all star sliders after this latest update so PP shouldnt be a problem as the game is now a hit fest as I was out hit 26-11 and 24 -12 in two games .
Old 10-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #64
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Ok even though Im sure EA will address this hitting checkfest free content update I will probably now drop to pro level as penalties wont be a huge problem now .

So Im basically gonna try and remove/limit Baa7serker mode from the game see hitting is now over influencing this game , its something EA tried to push years ago with tilted ice through enforcers which really doesnt exist in modern hockey any more

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »