Home

Strange slider issue

This is a discussion on Strange slider issue within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Strange slider issue

i might not how it works. but i think this slider is more of a...from a mmorpg persperspective... the hitpoints of their fatiguesness..

so if its max 200 hp
and if its all the way down..let say 30hp ...

and they get tired "quicker" if it on low..cuz they dont have a good cardiovascular

make sense? )
Old 09-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJustyn
hmmm so the lower the slider- the quicker the player gets tired?
I don't think this slider, Fatigue Effect, has anything to do with how fast the players get tired. I think it's a common misconception just like a lot of other sliders.

The players' fatigue rate is based on their stamina attribute. As the player gets tired, their play becomes sloppier because their attributes start taking hits.

By cranking it all the way up, I don't notice any shorter line shifts (Auto), but I do notice sloppier gameplay which I like. If you decrease the Fatigue Recover slider, it takes them a little longer to get back on the ice which results in more ice time for 3rd and 4th lines.

While most people have been turning down Control, Passing, and Shooting sliders, I personally have been maxing out the Fatigue Effect slider (and decreasing the Recovery) and have been liking the results so far.

I have also been messing around with the Attributes Effect slider and have been noticing interesting observations. At Default 3, there seems to be very little separation between players (EA rosters are too darn close to each other, just like the teams, every rating is between 87-90 it seems, lol). This also seems to make it harder to score.

Cranking it up to 5 or 6 makes it feel a little too arcadey for me overall, because all the star players become superstars etc. I do like seeing my Getzlafs and Perrys do the majority of scoring.

I'm wondering if 4 might be the sweet spot..
Old 10-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #11
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Last night while I was playing a few play now games I noticed the following. I felt like the game was different than when I initially set on my sliders. So I tried this out. I went in and set sliders to All-Star and Hardcore. Played just the defaults. Played 1 period and quit after being up 4-0. I then went back into the slider adjustment and put in my slider set that I created. Loaded up a game and it played the way that I remembered it when I first made my set. 4 penalties in the first. 1 penalty right off the opening faceoff. Although it showed that my settings and sliders were saved. My games were not playing the way that it was set to. I'm starting to think that to ensure that my sliders are applied properly that I will need to set them every time I start up the game and not rely on the game to load them properly. There has to be a patch or tuner soon?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #12
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I don't think this slider, Fatigue Effect, has anything to do with how fast the players get tired. I think it's a common misconception just like a lot of other sliders.

The players' fatigue rate is based on their stamina attribute. As the player gets tired, their play becomes sloppier because their attributes start taking hits.

By cranking it all the way up, I don't notice any shorter line shifts (Auto), but I do notice sloppier gameplay which I like. If you decrease the Fatigue Recover slider, it takes them a little longer to get back on the ice which results in more ice time for 3rd and 4th lines.

While most people have been turning down Control, Passing, and Shooting sliders, I personally have been maxing out the Fatigue Effect slider (and decreasing the Recovery) and have been liking the results so far.

I have also been messing around with the Attributes Effect slider and have been noticing interesting observations. At Default 3, there seems to be very little separation between players (EA rosters are too darn close to each other, just like the teams, every rating is between 87-90 it seems, lol). This also seems to make it harder to score.

Cranking it up to 5 or 6 makes it feel a little too arcadey for me overall, because all the star players become superstars etc. I do like seeing my Getzlafs and Perrys do the majority of scoring.

I'm wondering if 4 might be the sweet spot..
Ive played two games so far with it attribute at 4 and it seems ok but honestly the player ratings are atrocious so thats always going to be a issue
Old 10-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #13
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Last night while I was playing a few play now games I noticed the following. I felt like the game was different than when I initially set on my sliders. So I tried this out. I went in and set sliders to All-Star and Hardcore. Played just the defaults. Played 1 period and quit after being up 4-0. I then went back into the slider adjustment and put in my slider set that I created. Loaded up a game and it played the way that I remembered it when I first made my set. 4 penalties in the first. 1 penalty right off the opening faceoff. Although it showed that my settings and sliders were saved. My games were not playing the way that it was set to. I'm starting to think that to ensure that my sliders are applied properly that I will need to set them every time I start up the game and not rely on the game to load them properly. There has to be a patch or tuner soon?
I always check my sliders before every game cause the cpu tweeks them on me
Old 10-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Has this been fixed with the newest patch? The main thing I always noticed being changed was the period time, and the time after the newest patch I've noticed the time being correct when I check settings after starting the game up.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #15
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

I can't believe that after all these years, even now, on a new generation of hardware, with a UI that is completely overhauled that legacy issues of saving/loading settings & sliders is still here.

Why is there still not a simple way to save "My slider set" and just load it into any game mode (and have it stay that way)... just like that!?

Settings and sliders and the way they interact between different modes have been a mystery since sliders was introduced.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 09:16 AM   #16
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

I think t has been fixed now cause it doesn't seem to happen to me, now the need to let me use sliders in play a friend

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »