Home

TheSham ALLSTAR NEAR DEFAULT HARDCORE SIM SLIDERS

This is a discussion on TheSham ALLSTAR NEAR DEFAULT HARDCORE SIM SLIDERS within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 05:51 AM   #1
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
TheSham ALLSTAR NEAR DEFAULT HARDCORE SIM SLIDERS

Box score stats and and real game action photo updates throughout the thread ! Play the game the way it was programmed to play on near default

I use the V 1.00 tuner, very important to use that !!!

Hello I tried many different sliders and I really think this game tilted ice and all is very similar to mlb the show programming wise and it needs to be played on near default sliders or it screws up the AI and programming kinda like when people gut the sliders and then complain there's no penalties .

I mean most sliders only have 6 clicks so you take shooting down from 3 default to 1 or 0 and they complain cpu doesnt shoot enough or bad shot stats EA lol jeez 2 clicks are a third of the scale guys what do you think is gonna happen .

But I found when you leave them near default me and the cpu get 3 to 4 Powerplays a game and all different types of penalties too on just 8 minute periods!

Now normally I wouldn't play this game on default but I think EA NHL did alot of great things under the hood this year with AI and strategies and eliminating the cpu boost when they need a goal so I hope you enjoy how I think this Hockey Video game was made to be played .

Constructive feedback will always be appreciated towards this Incredible game of NHL Hockey because NHL 15 " WILL OWN YOUR SOUL " and Yes " Its in the Game " .

SLIDER CHANGES IN GREEN
KEY SLIDERS IN RED
And I will always be updating the sliders as I learn more about what makes this game tick and you cant hope to control the tilted Ice factor but only flow with it .

Quick Settings

Camera Classic , or use similar view to see whole Ice.
Controls Hybrid (buttons) or your choice but only tested on Hybrid !
Difficulty All-Star
Game Style Hardcore (Custom)
Period Length 8 minutes but you get alot of bang for your $$$ and usually 3 to 4 PP per game cpu also
Shootout Dynamic Medium or your choice

Game-play Settings

General

Attribute Effects 3 ( key slider ! raise it if your struggling to boost players but 3 is what EA said to use to keep most realistic )
Broken Stick Frequency 2
Game Speed 3
Game-play Version V 1.00 tuner
Fatigue Effect - CPU 3
Fatigue Effect - Human 3
Fatigue Recovery - CPU 3
Fatigue Recovery - Human 3
Injury Occurrence - CPU 3
Injury Occurrence - Human 3
Player Acceleration - CPU 4
Player Acceleration - Human 4
Puck Control - CPU 2
Puck Control - Human 2

Checking ( you really need to play good positional Defense or pay ! )

Hitting Assistance 1
Aggression - CPU 4 6 (key slider lessen if your getting to many PP or dont like how the cpu is defending positional) but see even if I keep it at 3 I still see 3 PP a game as I think they are more programmed in the game on default .
Aggression - Human 3
Hitting Power - CPU 2
Hitting Power - Human 2
Poke Effectiveness - CPU 2
Poke Effectiveness - Human 2
Stick Lift Effectiveness - CPU 3
Stick Lift Effectiveness - Human 3

Passing

Manual Passing On
Pass Assist 2
Pass Speed 3
Saucer Pass Speed 3
Pass Accuracy - CPU 2
Pass Accuracy - Human 2
Pass Interceptions - CPU 4
Pass Interceptions - Human 4
Pass Reception Ease - CPU 2
Pass Reception Ease - Human 2

Shooting (might re evaluate down the road but with 8 min periods seems good though not alot of 2-1 games )

One Timer Accuracy - CPU 3
One Timer Accuracy - Human 3
Shot Accuracy - CPU 3
Shot Accuracy - Human 3
Shot Power - CPU 3
Shot Power - Human 3
Slap Shot Accuracy - CPU 3
Slap Shot Accuracy - Human 3
Slap Shot Power - CPU 4
Slap Shot Power - Human 4

AI

AI Learning 6
Be A Pro Strategy Adjustment 3
CPU Difficulty Adjustment 0
CPU Face-off Difficulty 4
CPU Penalties 6
CPU Strategy Adjustment 4
CPU Teammate Penalties 3 raise if cpu isnt get enough PP chances or lower if too many *** I changed to 3 as I got much better a positional Hockey and no longer scramble and at 4 you will see alot maybe to many
Fight Difficulty 2 (but go off your skill as tilted Ice advantage is huge , so I choose might fights wisely ! )
User Strategy Adjustment 4 , AI calls the shots,too busy enjoying the game

Goalies

Goalie Cover Frequency 6 will cover perfectly and they wont pass with a crowd around
Goalie Passing 6 will now play close by pucks with nobody around them and behind the net

Goalie Reaction Speed - CPU 4
Goalie Reaction Speed - Human 4
Goalie Screen Effect - CPU 2 Changed both Hu and Cpu to 2 as I just saw to many weak goals on all sorts of plays and now Im also seeing a fewer low scoring games .
Goalie Screen Effect - Human 2 read line above

Rules

Fighting 2 sorry I like old time hockey and I really only use to see alot of scrums and chippy Hockey not fights
Icing Hybrid Icing
Injuries On
Off-sides Delayed
Penalties 4
Penalty Time Scaling 4
Post Whistle Rules Authentic

Advanced Settings
Away Shot Aim Manual
Home Shot Aim Manual

Visual Settings
Puck Highlight your choice
Puck Size your choice

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-23-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: TheSham ALLSTAR NEAR DEFAULT HARDCORE SIM SLIDERS

I've played 20 games with default sliders and saw barely 1 powerplay per game per team.

I tried 6 games with yours last night and this morning before work. Same issue.

The Aggression slider does not appear to be key and has a negative gameplay effect.

Any other ideas I can try? This is the only statistic issue I'm having. Nobody is gutting sliders. This has been an issue for years.

Superstar has the most potential. I had 4 power plays in the game I tried but I got smoked by Buffalo and it felt too difficult for me.

Please post a couple of screenshots of 5 games in a row. Your results sound good but we need to see it the way Nomo does it on the MLB forums.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Try increase break stick frequency - stick lift = broken stick = PP
Old 09-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJustyn
Try increase break stick frequency - stick lift = broken stick = PP
Thanks Dan but penalties arent a issue with these sliders as me and the cpu are getting 3 to 4 PP per game and thats on 8 minute periods so more would wreck the experience and never less than 3 PP for me and once and a great while 2 PP for the cpu .
Old 09-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Thanks Dan but penalties arent a issue with these sliders as me and the cpu are getting 3 to 4 PP per game and thats on 8 minute periods so more would wreck the experience and never less than 3 PP for me and once and a great while 2 PP for the cpu .
They're an issue for everyone since nhl 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 01:50 AM   #6
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Got a interesting tip from Mizz on putting fighting at 2 clicks for more chippie play and not just more fights if I understand him correctly .
Gonna test it now.

Another note on CPU aggression slider even when I have it at 3 and not 6 I still get 3 pp a game on 8 minute periods but it seems more programmed in then something I caused as I like 6 for the all out in your face pressure just like real NHL hockey so keep your heads up boys ! always checking keep your check.

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-19-2014 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:26 AM   #7
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7

Hey man, I just popped these in on a play now game really quick. I liked everything, it was fun and exciting. Im gonna statt up a Be A GM with them. The only thing was I wanted to ask if you had a tip, I was the Caps and olayed the Lightning, it was the 3rd Period and I had 28 hits and they only had 2 hits.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:28 AM   #8
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7

I was also on Dynamic High if that makes a difference?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »