Home

True Broadcast Camera - Slider Set

This is a discussion on True Broadcast Camera - Slider Set within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5
True Broadcast Camera - Slider Set

Since the game's release, I have been testing a slider set that would be ready to take into Be A GM mode, once EA decides to release a new roster update.

This slider set is loosely based off of AlTito's great set, with quite a few differentials. It plays a great game of hockey. The pace is nice and the puck plays loose. Ai is challenging as well. Goalies are not super human. They let in goals that should go in. Sometimes they get beat on shots that they should have stopped as well, which is also realistic.

You need to play a realistic style of hockey. Starting with the use of the true broadcast camera. Lines get tired and stay semi-tired throughout the period. You will notice that at the start of the period, players are at top speed. As the period goes on, the game gets a little more sloppy.

Rules ----------

Difficulty - Superstar
Fighting - 1
Game Style - Hardcore
Post Whistle - Authentic
Penalties - 6
Penalty Time Scaling - 4 (your preference)
Period Length - 11 Minutes (no less than 10 minutes)
Shot Aim - Manual
Line Changes - Manual (your preference but you may want to control them to make sure your lines don't take 3 minute shifts. You will pay for it by the end of the period.)
Puck Highlight - Authentic (makes for a more realistic looking game)
Puck Size - Authentic (makes for a more realistic looking game)

General ----------

Attribute Effects - 3
Broken Stick Frequency - 3
Game Speed - 1
Gameplay Version - Latest
Fatigue Effect - 6/6 (players should be feeling the effects of each shift)
Fatigue Recovery - 1/1 (gives just enough recovery to keep all lines semi fresh throughout the period)
Injury Occurrence - 2/2 (your preference, really)
Player Acceleration - 2/2 (players still pick up the perfect amount of speed at the right time)
Puck Control - 0/0 (makes for loose puck gameplay)

AI ----------

AI Learning - 6 (if you keep cutting to the middle, the AI will figure it out and knock you on your butt)
CPU Difficulty Adjustment - 0 (they are tough enough on Superstar. Avoids any Ai unbalancing)
CPU Faceoff Difficulty - 5 (this is your preference)
CPU Penalties - 6 (the more the merrier)
CPU Strategy Adjustment - 3 (trying to keep this balanced)
CPU Teammate Penalties - 6 (the more the merrier)
Fight Difficulty - 3 (your preference)
User Strategy Adjustment - 0 (do it yourself)

Passing ----------

Manual Passing - ON (this is broken)
Pass Assist - 0 (broken but 0 is best)
Pass Speed - 2
Saucer Pass Speed - 2
Pass Accuracy - 0/0 (manual passing is broken but this gives each team a 65-70% game average)
Pass Interceptions - 2/2 (taken from mikeymahem's speculation on it increasing loose pucks)
Pass Reception Ease - 0/0 (separates the good players from the bad)

Shooting ----------

One Timer Accuracy - 0/0 (One timers are supposed to be hard. With that said, Crosby nailed me for two beauty one timer goals the last game I played. Good players will get it done.)
Shot Accuracy - 1/1 (can still pick your spots when you have enough time and space)
Shot Power - 3/3 (good kick to wrist shot and snap shots)
Slap Shot Accuracy - 1/1 (makes for some missed shots from the point)
Slap Shot Power - 4/4 (watch a game on TV and you can barely see the puck when the defenseman takes a slapshot)

Checking ----------

Hitting Assistance - 0 (no missile wind-ups in realistic hockey. Pick your hits)
Aggression - 5/5 (a good amount of pressure is applied. Wish there was more neutral zone play though)
Hitting Power - 0/0 (AI has a good hit count at 0.)
Poke Effectiveness - 4/4
Stick Lift Effectiveness - 4/4

Goalies ----------

Goalie Cover Frequency - 6 (taken from mikeymahem's assessment)
Goalie Passing - 6 (taken from mikeymahem's assessment)
Goalie Reaction Speed - 0/0 (they still react to pucks, but those unrealistic desperation saves are few and far between)
Goalie Screen Effect 6/6 (they still make saves in traffic, but relying more on luck and positioning then actually being able to see the puck and reacting to it)

I'll try and post a video of gameplay the next time I play. The main reason I posted these are for those who have seemed to have lost hope. I'm not quite seeing some of the negatives that you are seeing. And secondly, feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by jaiman; 12-12-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »