Home

Need More Penalties - Which Sliders Will Help?

This is a discussion on Need More Penalties - Which Sliders Will Help? within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14
Icon5 Need More Penalties - Which Sliders Will Help?

I've found a slider set that works perfectly for my style of play… except I need more penalties.

I'm averaging 0 to 2 penalties per side, and would like to bump that up to 3 to 5 penalties per side.

I've maxed the Penalties slider, as well as the CPU Penalties and CPU Teammate Penalties. Everything else is pretty close to default Hardcore.

Has anyone found a way to increase penalties through other slider(s)? Maybe increase Aggression? Or maybe decrease Acceleration so that players aren't spaced as far apart? I know I'm grasping at straws, so hopefully someone else has figured this issue out.

I'm playing 8min periods, so maybe that's my biggest problem. But any help would be very much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Need More Penalties - Which Sliders Will Help?

Unfortunately Penalties is one of the weakest part of this game. You will be grasping at straws if you try to overthink specific sliders that might help other than "Penalties" sliders.

I've done extreme testing with every slider in isolation, and there's no correlation to the penalties. Occasionally I would have a game where I get 5 or 6 PP, and think I found it. But then I would go another 5 games with 2 PP's total and not change a thing.

There are some people that claim they have the right penalties, but in general the vast majority of the posters get far too few.

Even the ones that claim they do get them, I would challenge them to take a screenshot of the team statistics where you can see games played and total power plays, assuming NONE of those games were simulated.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Also from what I have seen playing straight up and "basic" you don't get many penalties. At most it's a hooking/tripping/slashing on you and that is it.

But, if you deke on O more the CPU will foul you.

If you don't deke the CPU plays you clinically.

If you do deke the CPU makes mistakes and goes into animations that trigger fouls.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Don't listen to ParisB he's not even in the slider game. Use these

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ost-patch.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html

Plenty of penalties with both sets. The only thing that stands true is penalties depend on how you play the game. Cycle the puck on offense. Cut across the blue line emerging the zone. If you only play North and south you won't get penalties. Play true hockey. Team matters too. I played a game as Florida and only got 1 penalty called against me. Very next game, same sliders and I was philly. I had 7 penalties called just against me. Plus I had 3 power plays of my own.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
Pro

HokieB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24

Plenty of penalties with both sets. The only thing that stands true is penalties depend on how you play the game. Cycle the puck on offense. Cut across the blue line emerging the zone. If you only play North and south you won't get penalties. Play true hockey. Team matters too. I played a game as Florida and only got 1 penalty called against me. Very next game, same sliders and I was philly. I had 7 penalties called just against me. Plus I had 3 power plays of my own.
Do you think Difficulty Level has much to do with the number of penalties called? I'm currently playing on Pro/Hardcore right now with some slider adjustments. I think Pro opens the ice up compared to All-Star, which may why I'm not getting penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
Do you think Difficulty Level has much to do with the number of penalties called? I'm currently playing on Pro/Hardcore right now with some slider adjustments. I think Pro opens the ice up compared to All-Star, which may why I'm not getting penalties.
Pro opens it up but also makes it easier to dominate and get uneven stats. Depends on your skill level and hockey knowledge I guess.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:

lol, the slider game? I'm a perfectionist.

I've tried the slider sets. Same results. Please don't resort to "play the game the right way not north-south". You have no idea how I play. I'm a sim player and take my time on offense and cycle all day. I dominate time on attack and rarely have more than 20 shots per game (all-star, 8 mins) but average 3 goals per game. Quality > Quantity.

I play as Anaheim if that matters...
Old 10-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #8
Pro

HokieB's Arena

Quote:
Pro opens it up but also makes it easier to dominate and get uneven stats. Depends on your skill level and hockey knowledge I guess.
I saw in the slider links you shared that you have resorted to default Superstar/Hardcore after this week's patch. You still seeing enough penalties?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »