Home

Sliders for realistic shot/SV% numbers?

This is a discussion on Sliders for realistic shot/SV% numbers? within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 02-01-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0
Sliders for realistic shot/SV% numbers?

Picked up the game recently and have tried a number of the slider sets here, and also done some tweaking of my own. A few of the sets here do well to make the game feel more realistic rather than arcadey, but I just can't seem to get good, realistic shot (CPU) and save % (human) numbers. I'm playing on 9-10 min periods and the computer almost always ends up around 20 shots on goal with ~3 goals for.

Does anyone have a set where they get realistic shot and save % numbers?

Let's Go Bucs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: Sliders for realistic shot/SV% numbers?

I will discover the secret sooner and enough, still working on it =p
Old 02-01-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

one thing, I can do if u want a consistent 20 + saves, but again it all goes by performance and smoothness of the game play, is to raise goalie screen effect: CPU: 4 / Human: 3, on my all-star goalie sliders, am trying to find something simple and easy with out disrupting the flow of the game,
Old 02-02-2015, 02:56 AM   #4
Rookie

robinson's Arena

That's the tricky part. Certain sliders effect other sliders, when you think your adjusting one thing (and you are) your also messing up/making better something else at the same time.

Its hard to keep good gameplay and get all sliders right where you want for what each sliders is indented to be for...

Of all the thing we tested, you could try all shot acc at 0/0. When we did that there was higher shot totals.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:37 AM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

A another way to get more shots on my all-star: hardcore goalie sliders is to, raise penalty time scaling: 4, then keep goalie screen effect: CPU: 3 / Human: 3, but like other dude said its really hard to make realistic sliders for shots & cause each slider effects other , its like a balancing act.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

Haha yeah, it's all a balancing act. In almost every NHL edition I've been able to tweak somebody's set to get really solid numbers but no luck so far in this one. I will give yours a shot though, SuperGoalies

Let's Go Bucs
Old 02-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #7
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson
Of all the thing we tested, you could try all shot acc at 0/0. When we did that there was higher shot totals.
This is interesting...I believe generally in older editions one trick was to make pump up shot accuracy/power, because if the computer knows it is good at shooting, it will be more inclined to shoot. To combat this, I would usually raise goalie sliders up.

But I haven't tried shot accuracy at 0/0. I wonder why this increases shot totals?
c

Let's Go Bucs
Old 02-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

u should try the tweak, I made to my all-star: hardcore goalie slider NHL 15, its posted underneath the slider on the first page, you'll see it, u have to change strategies manually, first start off with: aggressive and balanced & 2-3 & 1-2-2 blue & and I don't hardly use blue on blue or three up, I use strong side slint , I only mess with balanced & some times press or full pressure , just like aggressive I usally go with full attack and then to converstive or standard or defend lead if needed, now back to balanced I use use contain the puck or the trap if am on penalty kill, okay back to 2-3 I do use 1-2-2 passive and weak side lock and 1-2-2 aggressive, when am reading the play,
and for the other one, I mostly try to keep it on stay wide, but it it comes to worse use leave the zone early or bottom one, enjoy

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »