Home

CPU Sliders do nothing an Human Sliders affect both teams?

This is a discussion on CPU Sliders do nothing an Human Sliders affect both teams? within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU Sliders do nothing an Human Sliders affect both teams?

As the title says, it seems to me that the Human Sliders affect both teams while the CPU Sliders do nothing. You can test this by playing a game or going into training mode while playing position lock. Turn all the Shooting Sliders for CPU to full and for Human to empty. You will see both teams having very weak shots. The opposite is true as well - adjusting CPU sliders to empty and Human sliders to full, both teams will have hard shots. Could anybody confirm this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Re: CPU Sliders do nothing an Human Sliders affect both teams?

Holy crap you're right. I just maxed every CPU slider and lower every human slider to zero and the CPU (and me) now miss the net by a mile and every pass is received poorly and bounces off their sticks. What the heck is this?!
Old 09-30-2015, 05:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Yes not all but some do. Shooting and goalies certainly do.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:58 AM   #4
Rookie

Glad to know I'm not just crazy. Yeah, maybe it isn't for every slider, but shooting is definitely affected. Makes you wonder just how much stuff is wrong with the game that know one knows yet.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:23 AM   #5
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm tempted to just put every slider at 3 for both human and CPU and see what happens and then adjust +/- 1 or 2 from there. Can't be any worse, right? It's getting frustrating spending more time adjusting sliders than actually playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
I'm tempted to just put every slider at 3 for both human and CPU and see what happens and then adjust +/- 1 or 2 from there. Can't be any worse, right? It's getting frustrating spending more time adjusting sliders than actually playing the game.
I used to post sliders yearly for NHL. But past two years ive basically left the game at default. Because i felt like the more changes i made as a whole, the game got worse not better.

This year, I'm playing 5 min periods, with minor adjustments. Honestly, seems like pick a level that best suits you skill wise, put the AI Learning on 0, and CPU Difficulty Adjustment on 0. Play games and just adjust those sliders when things get to easy or hard.

Its like EA has no idea what there own stuff does.

Last tuner as an example, they wanted to up the penalties? They did, then removed it. Why not say whoops, it was to high, then put it back out at half of what it was penalties wise. A happy medium, nope. They removed it completely if not making it worse where penalties are not being called.

UGH
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #7
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

I just played 2 games on allstar with every slider at 3 (or 2 depending on those few sliders that only go up to 4). 6:00 periods.
Both games as the Rangers against the Wild.
First game felt great. Loose pucks, missed CPU passes, CPU dumped the puck, lots of blocked shots and the speed felt right. I ended up winning that one 4-2. Stats I remember: Shots were 32-26 them, hits were 9 each and passing % was 76 them, 68 me. Only bad thing was there were 4 PP for them, none for me.
Second game was a complete fiasco. Only adjustment I made was to max penalties and CPU penalties but it made no difference. I was outshot 48-22 and lost 5-2. Game speed felt like it was jacked up to double what it was the previous game, and the rest of the stats were heavily skewed in the CPU's favor. Passing % was like 80 something for them and only 58 for me. My passing was awful, even when I had no defensive player near me. Once again zero penalties taken by the CPU.
Just such a drastic difference between the 2 games.
I get the feeling I'm just pissing into the wind trying to get this game to feel right consistently.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:49 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
I just played 2 games on allstar with every slider at 3 (or 2 depending on those few sliders that only go up to 4). 6:00 periods.
Both games as the Rangers against the Wild.
First game felt great. Loose pucks, missed CPU passes, CPU dumped the puck, lots of blocked shots and the speed felt right. I ended up winning that one 4-2. Stats I remember: Shots were 32-26 them, hits were 9 each and passing % was 76 them, 68 me. Only bad thing was there were 4 PP for them, none for me.
Second game was a complete fiasco. Only adjustment I made was to max penalties and CPU penalties but it made no difference. I was outshot 48-22 and lost 5-2. Game speed felt like it was jacked up to double what it was the previous game, and the rest of the stats were heavily skewed in the CPU's favor. Passing % was like 80 something for them and only 58 for me. My passing was awful, even when I had no defensive player near me. Once again zero penalties taken by the CPU.
Just such a drastic difference between the 2 games.
I get the feeling I'm just pissing into the wind trying to get this game to feel right consistently.
Double check your sliders and verify they saved. Again, we have to go to the main menu, then back to sliders, adjust, then they save. Another flaw EA completely ignored from last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »