Home

Regulation Sliders for NHL16 (keep it simple)

This is a discussion on Regulation Sliders for NHL16 (keep it simple) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #9
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Regulation Sliders for NHL16 (keep it simple)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack72
when you say
"The Overall speed is about the skating" are you talking about the player acceleration?

No. I think acceleration is how fast a player gets from 0-60mph. For Overall speed, we are talking about the overall gamespeed. Not the actual gamespeed slider but the actual overall speed of the players. Gamespeed slider is like how fast the game moves. Where the overall speed that I am talking about is what preference you like for the speed of the skating.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:06 PM   #10
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Played a game with these last night. Won 3-2. I found that the fatigue recovery at 1/1 wasn't enough. My lines were all red just over halfway through the period. I noticed the CPU fatigue isn't the same as user. So I was getting blown by for the second half of each period. I think fatigue effect at 3/3 or 4/4/ and recovery at 2/2 is the sweet spot. Everything else felt ok. Still running with mine though. I'm getting more penalties called with a higher player acceleration setting.

Thanks for checking them. I ve been busy with work and havnt had extra time to get these better/finetuned yet. I am sure youer right about the fatigue stuff, as I set everything to get gameplay/overall speed where its good and I like it. I do like it at 3/2, just want to get/keep it loose pucks and icy feeling. I know you like the faster accel stuff. Its cool to get other sliders similar though.

This is better at having screen higher then nhl15 and etc. Might have more to work with.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #11
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markatron8
You know what I like this. It's similar to something I was trying to get going on NHL 14.
I thought I had the sliders sussed last week until I realised that I'm a sucker for realism and what I had wasn't. Watching Montreal v Ottawa yesterday got me thinking again.

I think you have the speed nailed and I can't believe how much the passing marries up being set low too.

Just a couple of questions though. I do enjoy manual shooting so I can aim for an intentional redirect but the fatigue effect was causing players to shoot way off target at times. So I figure there maybe some balancing there for manual shooters.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I would always say that an NHL shooter is generally pretty accurate unless under pressure and likewise an NHL goalie can stop most things unless screened. It's just applying it to the game.

Either way these are pretty damn close. I was starting to not enjoy the game.

* also do you find that slider values have dropped in settings after a game? I had puck control at 2 and slap shot accuracy at 2 as you suggest but when I got back to the home screen they had dropped to 1. Quite frustrating.

Anyway cheers.

That's what we are trying to do, is get the overall speed just right and not worry about every slider being set at what their are suppose to be intended for, if it alters the gameplay/overall speed.

Northman has good stuff and has got more sample size in then us so hes saying the fatigue settings are good for what he mentioned. That might do what you are talking about. Main thing is to keep overall speed where you like it/most ideal and there are those adjustments at bottom of first post that do that (as well as other sliders). Just ask us if you need it slower/faster for overallspeed and have already used everyone that's at bottom of post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #12
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Going to do what Northman did and reset the game after roster update, delete everything except rosters and start season mode with no tuners/patchs. Will have some adjustments after sample size.

Update
Reset the game, by deleteing everything refreshes it whenever the sliders seem to be broke. The tuners/with no patchs are better, out of the box as well.

After some samples, were going with the basics (similar to nhl15) with attributes on 6 for better bump and grind and not tackle hits. Finetuning more things.

No matter what slider set you use/try you need to play enough games to get acclimated to the speed of that slider set.

Last edited by robinson; 10-18-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:32 PM   #13
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

You can't select tuners. And now there is 3. So I don't know what you're using. Delete user profile then start up the game without going online?
Old 10-21-2015, 03:28 AM   #14
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3

These sliders look real good on a paper and have aspects that I enjoy every year (Gamespeed 0 which is obviously the most realistic and have impact on natural movement and weight on players). Before I try them I would like to know one thing which confuses me at the moment. Which tuner you use? Is it default / out of the box tuner or 1.01 as you mentioned?
Old 10-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #15
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
These sliders look real good on a paper and have aspects that I enjoy every year (Gamespeed 0 which is obviously the most realistic and have impact on natural movement and weight on players). Before I try them I would like to know one thing which confuses me at the moment. Which tuner you use? Is it default / out of the box tuner or 1.01 as you mentioned?

Didn't mean to confuse people, we were trying both tuners and also reinstalled the game to see the differences between 'out of box' and with patchs for what the two tuners did. Both were different, so there essentially is 4 options (the 2 tuners with patchs and the 2 tuners without patchs-which is the out of box) to use.

After we played enough sample size, we like the 'out of box' (which is with no patchs) and tuner 1.01 (or latest)(that's what tuner 1.01 is, it is latest). So for now (until another tuner comes out) latest is 1.01

You need to have the psn off or have router firewall on high to block the psn network from connecting. Basically have no roster updates or patchs updates. Then reinstall the game again (with game update on ps4 main menu). This way you get the gameplay the way it was 'out of box' (patch wise) and then use tuner 1.01 (or 1.00 if you prefer).

We actually like the skating in 1.00 better then 1.01 but theres a little too much tackling with the checks so were using 1.01 for now. Another key slider to have is attributes at 6, this limits the tackling and you have more bump and grind style checking/knock off puck not sumo tackling.

Most people will say 3 is the normal but we havnt had any verification on this other than Tito from last yr had a post but that post was from before 15. So it didn't verify that that was the same thing for 15 and now 16. Why does EA have the default on 5 then. Is that the new middle/players attributes are untouched.

Regardless of which one is middle 3 or 5, 6 is the better gameplay for checking. It doesn't raise players attributes too much and it does help separate the better players from other. Although when people use revamped rosters that does it more but we like to have sliders set for gameplay realistic first, then other stuff second. Most people might like that tackling but we like more knock off puck checks/checking with a few big hits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 07:55 PM   #16
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
You can't select tuners. And now there is 3. So I don't know what you're using. Delete user profile then start up the game without going online?

Wait theres a new tuner, havnt played in a few days. Turning on game now.

Just saw a new ps4 update and in nhl15 whenever theres was a ps4 system update (even though its got nothing to do with game) it sometimes affected the sliders, so I will post what we find.

Update
ps4 system update didn't mess with sliders this time.

Last edited by robinson; 10-22-2015 at 08:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »