Home

* NHL 16 ALLSTAR HARDCORE NEAR DEFAULT SLIDERS *

This is a discussion on * NHL 16 ALLSTAR HARDCORE NEAR DEFAULT SLIDERS * within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2015, 05:07 AM   #1
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
* NHL 16 ALLSTAR HARDCORE NEAR DEFAULT SLIDERS *

Hi
Im not really a slider guy but I got a few PMs on how I play so here they are but please be advised I only play in Playoff mode so scores are lower and fights OFF and I use Hybrid stick skill and all slider updates will be in RED .

My Philosophy is I find it much easier to play with Near Default Allstar sliders as I believe the game is tested and programmed on this level by EA NHL and since most sliders counteract each other why not embrace what EA created as it does play a great game of Hockey when you find your skill level .

I cant express how important the Attribute Effects and CPU/HU Strategy adjustment sliders with my set is as they keep everything fair and balanced .
(feel free to test CPU STRATEGY ADJUSTMENT at 1 and then at 3 or 4 and youll see the crazy boost advantage they get when its high while you lose control )

*** Also check sliders in game to make sure some havent changed ***

Quick Settings

Camera Dynamic High or Classic
Controls Hybrid (buttons) or your choice but only tested on Hybrid !
Difficulty All-Star
Game Style Hardcore (Custom)
Period Length 5 or 6 but you get alot of bang for your $$$ on 5
Shootout Dynamic Medium or your choice

Game-play Settings

General

Attribute Effects 5
Broken Stick Frequency 3
Game Speed 3
Game-play Version Latest tuner
Fatigue Effect - CPU 3
Fatigue Effect - Human 3
Fatigue Recovery - CPU 3
Fatigue Recovery - Human 3
Injury Occurrence - CPU 3
Injury Occurrence - Human 3
Player Acceleration - CPU 4
Player Acceleration - Human 4
Puck Control - CPU 2
Puck Control - Human 2

Checking

Hitting Assistance 1
Aggression - CPU 3
Aggression - Human 3
Hitting Power - CPU Gotta keep hits in their to keep the AI balanced /Momentum
Hitting Power - Human 1

Poke Effectiveness - CPU 1
Poke Effectiveness - Human 1
Stick Lift Effectiveness - CPU 3
Stick Lift Effectiveness - Human 3

Passing

Manual Passing On
Pass Assist 2
Pass Speed 3
Saucer Pass Speed 3
Pass Accuracy - CPU 1
Pass Accuracy - Human 1
Pass Interceptions - CPU 4
Pass Interceptions - Human 4
Pass Reception Ease - CPU 2
Pass Reception Ease - Human 2

Shooting

One Timer Accuracy - CPU 3
One Timer Accuracy - Human 3
Shot Accuracy - CPU 3
Shot Accuracy - Human 3
Shot Power - CPU 3
Shot Power - Human 3
Slap Shot Accuracy - CPU 3
Slap Shot Accuracy - Human 3
Slap Shot Power - CPU 4
Slap Shot Power - Human 4

AI

AI Learning 3
CPU Difficulty Adjustment 0
CPU Face-off Difficulty 4
CPU Penalties 6 or lower if your getting to many as I can draw alot
CPU Strategy Adjustment 2 (read above its Huge !)
CPU Teammate Penalties 6 (Lower if needed )
Fighting 2 (I keep it OFF because of the boost advantage teams get but go off your skill as tilted Ice advantage is huge and messes up the game and if you keep it low the cpu wont try and start many fights as their at a disadvantage)
User Strategy Adjustment 3 , It blends the with the CPU strategy slider at 2 to neutralize the boost but I still might raise it .

Goalies

Goalie Cover Frequency 6 will cover perfectly and they wont pass with a crowd around
Goalie Passing 4 will now play close by pucks with nobody around them and behind the net
Goalie Reaction Speed - CPU 4
Goalie Reaction Speed - Human 4
Goalie Screen Effect - CPU 3
Goalie Screen Effect - Human 3

Rules

Fighting OFF or 1 Because I play playoff mode winning or losing fights can cause too much boosting of teams attributes in the game and fighting isnt really a factor in the new NHL .
Icing Hybrid Icing
Injuries On
Off-sides Delayed
Penalties 4
Penalty Time Scaling 4
Post Whistle Rules Authentic

Advanced Settings
Away Shot Aim Manual
Home Shot Aim Manual

Visual Settings
Auto Zoom : Auto
Camera : Dynamic High
Camera Persp : Prefer Up
Control Ind : Name
Indicator Size : Largest
Fighting Instr : Off
Goalie Cam : High
Puck Highlight : Large
Puck Size : Normal
Score Clock Overlay : Authentic
Shootout Cam : Dynamic Medium

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-28-2015 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Updates in Red
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #2
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Re: * NHL 16 ALLSTAR HARDCORE NEAR DEFAULT SLIDERS *

Updates are in RED and sadly theres no slider for cpu boosting mode so I had to make some changes because the CPU strategy adjustment slider at 1 doesnt work the same after the latest tuner as the cpu cant draw penalties now on me ?

So I had to raise them to 2 on CPU strategy and wallah Im getting called 3 to 4 times for penalties a game now ! but now I have too re tweak to balance cpu boost and ping pong passing attack thats kinda back .

Going do another best of 7 Kings vs Habs me and see whats the best natural fix without tilting the game .
Might be as simple as raising my Shot ACC and lowering theirs or toning down there one timers .

At 2/2 for Hu/CPU strategy adjustment I have unbalanced control which is fine but Im gonna test it at 3 or 4 for Hu to see if I have more control like the cpu gets .
Old 10-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #3
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

I played a ton more games with my upgrades and its really amazing how different the game plays with changes to the Strategy adjustment sliders as its more a boost then a strategy slider on allstar default .

Impressions :

With it at cpu 1 and Hu 3 I win most of the time and clearly have the slight advantage but cant get a penalty called on me while I normally go 2 for 4 on the pp and both goalies are walls even strength till the end and then some weird boost goals happen to keep things close ?

At Cpu 2 and Hu 2 the cpu has the advantage as their on me really tight and plenty of penalties for all as the cpu is mugging me and even have more power on hits while I have poor control across the board and lots more signs of magical bouncing pucks over my stick and the cpu tic tac goal .

I also have a very tough time scoring as cpu has that extra burst so for now this isnt gonna be one of my choices unless I want a battle but the stats other than scoring is pretty balanced and I hate to lower the cpu goalie sliders as a cheat and then start getting weak or weird goals and then maybe lower their Pass interception so I have more space .

At CPU 2 and HU at 3 I think I have the best gameplay balance though I feel like I have a slight speed advantage and I can pull away after a while as I have a bit more space and not getting mugged 24/7 helps plus I also have my control back which is super important to me but then also less penalties on me .
The stats vary and go back and forth so I might get out shot on period and then out shot them next period and so on so the variance is nice .
But CPU goalie is still a wall so Im trying him at goalie reaction down to 3 and it seems to be working but now cpu D plays worse positionally but if Im playing hard and making great passes ect Im actually getting rewarded once and a while which is nice and the balance on check is pretty fair so I dont have to mess with hit power because at 2/2 PK Subban was getting knocked around like a rag doll .

The cpu also has less control across the board and I also see far less tic toe passes and many poorly aimed ones after the first tic pass and with my control back I can also interrupt the passing lane again.

If I raise the cpu strategy higher on 3 or 4 and even limit them to 10 shots and then score they will score as needed and that means on 4 or 5 shots in row which is just unplayable with my skill level

Well hopefully Im good to go soon with either 2/2 with weak cpu goalie or 2/3 and possible dominating to much so if others like Playing on near Allstar default I hope this helps because from now on when tuner overwrites or patches happen Im adjusting the Strategy adjustment slider first as its almost like an across the board gameplay control boost for Hu and Cpu .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-26-2015 at 07:26 PM. Reason: add on
Old 10-28-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Knocked out another 7 game series as Hawks VS TB and I been trying way to hard to take the boost out of this game instead of embracing it because if you loose the boost totally the AI eventually quits so you have to take the good with bad and just try to control it where its fair and contain it and roll with it on boost mode kinda like real Momentum swings on the ice.

Im only playing 5 min periods in playoff mode so scoring is kinda low for a team like Chicago but everything else is good stat wise across the board even TOA though 6 minutes period might be more accurate ?

I Won 2-1 , lost 3-2 , Won 2-1 , Lost 3-1 ENG , Won 2-1 , Lost 4-2 ENG and Won 3-1 ENG .

CHANGES

Attribute Effects back to 5 as I need that offensive push as my checking lines werent scoring anything in the playoffs not even close !
Hu and Cpu Hit Power both back to 1 as it helps balance the momentum they hit me I hit them so no boost advantage mode starting after a few hits .
AI Learn down to 3 hopefully is will lessen the robotic play and AI patterns blended with my advantage on Strategy Adjustment slider .
CPU Strategy Adjustment still at 2
Hu Strategy Adjustment to 3 so hopefully thats the master blend

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-28-2015 at 08:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »