Home

Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

This is a discussion on Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed... within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #17
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

Sknapple first I'll have to say that you saved NHL16. Thank you.

Attribute slider was definitely "The key" for getting cpu play fair and bring back the pressure. The pressure! Great. Didn't see any boosts at all (AI settings help that one too) and we are talking about Superstar difficulty. And like Fiddy said this slider makes fatigue effect work too. You really could see the difference even with slider at 3 clicks.

I played two games using True Broadcast cam. First was with your great set and second I mixed your set with couple of my favorite adjustments (pass interceptions at 0, all shots accuracy equal to 1, manual aim and lines). Games were played with Capitals (me) vs Flyers (cpu).

Here's some stats (9 mins) from second game:
Passing was 75% for me and cpu 68% I mean 68 for cpu! Just wow. They missed passes and there were good amount of offsides too. Shots were 28 for both. And there were actually couple of icings by cpu too which is rare usually. There were also lots of Power Plays for both and physical game was definitely there as hits went 24 for me and 30 for Flyers. I must say that hitting was pure joy. Weight of the players was again there and hitting wasn't over the top but when you lined that hit...BOOM! TOA was realistic too.

Thanks again for getting cpu play fair and bringing back pressure. It was like playing before 1.04 patch. Except this actually feels even better because there's more of a challenge now (pressure is there and better). Now I will throw my internet connection cable out of the window so PS4 won't get any updates in the year or so.

Edit: I used new patch with new tuner.

Last edited by pm83; 11-11-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:16 PM   #18
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83

Attribute slider was definitely "The key" for getting cpu play fair and bring back the pressure. The pressure! Great. Didn't see any boosts at all (AI settings help that one too) and we are talking about Superstar difficulty. And like Fiddy said this slider makes fatigue effect work too. You really could see the difference even with slider at 3 clicks.

I played two games using True Broadcast cam. First was with your great set and second I mixed your set with couple of my favorite adjustments (pass interceptions at 0, all shots accuracy equal to 1, manual aim and lines). Games were played with Capitals (me) vs Flyers (cpu).

Passing was 75% for me and cpu 68% I mean 68 for cpu! Just wow. They missed passes and there were good amount of offsides too. Shots were 28 for both. And there were actually couple of icings by cpu too which is rare usually. There were also lots of Power Plays for both and physical game was definitely there as hits went 24 for me and 30 for Flyers. I must say that hitting was pure joy. Weight of the players was again there and hitting wasn't over the top but when you lined that hit...BOOM! TOA was realistic too.

Thanks again for getting cpu play fair and bringing back pressure. It was like playing before 1.04 patch. Except this actually feels even better because there's more of a challenge now (pressure is there and better). Now I will throw my internet connection cable out of the window so PS4 won't get any updates in the year or so.

So you used 9 minute periods? How were the shot totals?
Old 11-11-2015, 02:02 PM   #19
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
28 for both. Don't know if it's because True Broadcast or some of those adjustments I made but with this set I can imagine myself playing with 9-12 minute periods to have realistic stats. Everything seemed good: shot power, missed shots, pass interceptions, skating (heavy/weight), goaltending, hits. Great set!

Last edited by pm83; 11-11-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:57 PM   #20
Rookie

Gbpackerowner's Arena

OVR: 0

Tweaks I made to these sliders this morning. I have all shot accuracies now at 1. Game speed at 1.Pass accuracy at 0. Passing speeds all at 0. I have Ai learning at 3. I am also using all star hardcore as a base.
I have the goalie reactions and screen effects at 3... I also dropped fatigue recovery down to 2. I'm seeing about 20-35 shots per game... Passing percentages for both in the upper 60's.

Great base slider set Sknapple!
Old 11-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Hey, northmen, here is the stats from a couple games I played today for your comparison, as requested!

Game #1: CGY(me) vs NJ
Goals: CGY 4 NJ 3 (OTW)
Shots: 25 - 24
Hits: 10 - 6
TOA: 6:51 - 7:10
Pass %: 65 - 73
Penalty Min: 2 - 4
PP: 1/1 - 0/1
PP Minutes: 0:37 - 2:00
Faceoffs: 11 - 16
Breakaways: 0/0 - 0/1
Shorthanded goals: 0 - 0

Game was 3-2 NJ until the last minute, when NJ took a penalty, and I was able to tie it up with 23 seconds to go! Scored in OT to seal the comeback

Game #2: CGY(me) vs CBJ
Goals: CGY 4 CBJ 1
Shots: 34 - 22
Hits: 13 - 11
TOA: 8:46 - 6:32
Pass %: 66 - 79
Penalty Min: 7 - 15
PP: 2/5 - 0/1
PP Minutes: 6:12 - 2:00
Faceoffs: 21 - 17
Breakaways: 0/0 - 0/1
Shorthanded goals: 0 - 0

Columbus game was a little more chippy; they got a little trip-happy, an elbow, and 1 fight.

I am seeing good goal variety, deflections, one-timers, slappers, and wrist shots, with the odd 'EA-patented' weird floater too, but not much can be done about that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83

Hey, pm, happy that you are having fun with it again! I am also noticing offsides, icings, and such by the CPU that were just not there at the higher attribute settings, because they played so robotically. And yes, the hitting does feel better to me too! I will have to try the True Broadcast cam like you suggest as well, just to change things up a bit!
Old 11-11-2015, 06:27 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbpackerowner
Tweaks I made to these sliders this morning. I have all shot accuracies now at 1. Game speed at 1.Pass accuracy at 0. Passing speeds all at 0. I have Ai learning at 3. I am also using all star hardcore as a base.
I have the goalie reactions and screen effects at 3... I also dropped fatigue recovery down to 2. I'm seeing about 20-35 shots per game... Passing percentages for both in the upper 60's.

Great base slider set Sknapple!
Good stuff, Gb, hope you keep having fun with it! Gotta say, it is nice to see some people getting some enjoyment out of it again, instead of wanting to use the disc for a coaster!
Old 11-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Great sliders,just a quick question are the better players the better players.For instance with the attributes set at 0 do the better players stand out or is everyone equal.Will try these on the weekend,again thanks to al you guys for trying to make this good game great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »