Home

Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

This is a discussion on Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed... within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #41
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

Holy smokes!!! I have to say that playing this game with attribute slider at zero with a few tweaks of my own to only fatigue recovery made this game play so much better. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

My 1st game with these sliders was against Arizona. It was a turnover fest and the AI was so much better. The mistakes made by the defense were obvious and Arizona capitalized on 2 turnovers. What a game!!

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #42
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Re: Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

I made a few changes. Went from SS to Allstar.

I played half way decent this game but was outshot and was dominated in the face off circle!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (359.8 KB, 223 views)
Old 11-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
I made a few changes. Went from SS to Allstar.

I played half way decent this game but was outshot and was dominated in the face off circle!
Hey, BigBad, nice lookin' stats! Especially love the sub-70% passing ones! Great to hear more people getting enjoyment from the game, taking on these sliders and changing them up to make them their own! Have fun!
Old 11-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #44
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknapple
Hey, BigBad, nice lookin' stats! Especially love the sub-70% passing ones! Great to hear more people getting enjoyment from the game, taking on these sliders and changing them up to make them their own! Have fun!
Just wanted to let you know that these are being used without the updates. Out of the box tuner. The gems look and play like I'm watching a live NHL game!!
Old 11-22-2015, 08:09 PM   #45
Just started!

redwingsfan6868's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknapple
Hello Fellow OS'ers! Longtime lurker here, and like most of you on here (at least from what I have been reading), I have been frustrated with the perceived 'super abilities' of the CPU opponents, especially when it comes to passing. I have tried MANY different settings, on all the difficulty levels, and was getting pretty close to giving up on finding that balance between fun and realism that we are all striving for. I am no stat-head by any means, so I am not overly concerned with tweaking until I get dead accurate shot totals, hit totals, PK percentages and such, but I am a pretty avid hockey fan, and even though I want my hockey video game to 'feel' as 'real' as possible, I also realize that there are some concessions that need to be made to keep it on the fun side as well; it is a video game after all! All I am looking to do is get a game that is balanced to give me a challenge, but still let me feel that I can make a difference in the outcome by the way that I play, and not feel like the CPU has 'pre-determined' the outcome, or feels like making things exciting by popping in a couple of quick goals when it is convenient! I think I have achieved that with the settings I have been tweaking for a while now, and because it has salvaged the game for me, I thought I would share them to see if anyone else can benefit from them!

As any of the slider gurus on here I am sure will tell you, the NHL franchise's sliders are the most frustrating in all of sports games, with most seemingly not doing anything at all, others that seem to be 'backwards' in their effect, and then still others that seem to change stuff not even related to the name of the slider you are adjusting! But the one slider that seemed to make the most difference in my game was the Attribute Effects slider. By adjusting that slider to 0 (I know it seems crazy!), the CPU Boost effect seemed to go away, and I found that the effects of the other sliders seemed to be enhanced. There is no super boost in the third periods anymore. Pucks are now a little looser and unpredictable, and the CPU actually misses passes!! I am also finding on Superstar that my teammates are positioning themselves better to intercept passes, being more aggressive on the forecheck, initiating body checks on their own, and I can actually leave the defensemen uncontrolled and they will defend, lol! Are there mistakes, glitch goals, and oddities occasionally? Absolutely. The AI is far from perfect, but it is WAY more liveable for me than they were before.

With the settings I have below, I am now about halfway through my second Be A GM season with the Flames, and have a 23-16-6 record. Results are all over the map, with scores 2-1, 3-2, some 1-0 nail-biters, 5-2 wins AND losses, and some blowouts too. My shot totals per period are 20-30 per side for the game, passing percentages for both me AND the CPU are between 68-78%, where with the Attribute effects slider turned up the CPU were never below 80%!

Again, your results may vary, and I am not guaranteeing that you will like these for how you play. All sliders are personal to the individual's preferences, so tweak as you see fit, and don't let anyone tell you that it is wrong! But for me, the Attribute Effects one was the key ingredient to getting the rest of the pieces to slide into place! Enough of my rambling---

Rules
Difficulty Superstar
Game Style Hardcore (custom)
Penalties MAXED
Penalty time scaling 4
Period Length 5min
Post Whistle Rules Authentic

Gameplay Settings

General
Attribute Effects 0 (IMPORTANT)
Broken Stick Frequency 3
Game Speed 0
Gameplay Version Latest (yes, I download all tuners)
Fatigue Effect CPU/HUM 3/3
Fatigue Recovery CPU/HUM 3/3
Injury Occurrence CPU/HUM 3/3
Player Acceleration CPU/HUM 5/4
Puck Control CPU/HUM 5/4

Checking
Hitting Assistance 4
Aggression CPU/HUM 3/3
Hitting Power CPU/HUM 4/4
Poke Effectiveness CPU/HUM 5/5
Stick Lift Effectiveness CPU/HUM 5/5

Passing
Manual Passing On
Pass Assist 3
Pass Speed 4
Saucer Pass Speed 5
Pass Accuracy CPU/HUM 0/0
Pass Interceptions CPU/HUM 3/3
Pass Reception Ease CPU/HUM 0/1

Shooting
One Timer Accuracy CPU/HUM 1/3 (even though nerfed, CPU still seems to have no issues hitting the net!)
Shot Accuracy CPU/HUM 1/3
Shot Power CPU/HUM 4/4
Slap Shot Accuracy CPU/HUM 1/3
Slap Shot Power CPU/HUM 4/4

AI
AI Learning 0
CPU Difficulty Adjustment 0
CPU Faceoff Difficulty 4
CPU Penalties MAX
CPU Strategy Adjustment 1
CPU Teammate Penalties MAX
Fight Difficulty user preference
User Strategy Adjustment user preference

Goalies
Goalie Cover Frequency 5
Goalie Passing 2
Goalie Reaction Speed CPU/HUM 1/4 (user pref, I just find the CPU goalie has an edge on my team's goalie at defaults, so these settings seem to level the field a bit!)
Goalie Screen Effect CPU/HUM 6/2 (user pref, same reasons as the reaction speed)

Advanced Settings
Away Shot Aim AUTO
Home Shot Aim AUTO
Auto Backskate OFF
Line Changes Auto

Visual Settings
Auto Zoom Off
Camera Classic (Camera setting DOES affect the feel of play, but adjust as you see fit)
Indicator Size Smallest
Puck Highlight Very Small
Puck Size Authentic

Good Luck, and keep your stick on the ice!
IN nll2016 for PS4 under Goalie Reaction speed Sliders..Is the Reaction Speed Faster on The Lowest or Highest Settings ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 10:05 AM   #46
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan6868
IN nll2016 for PS4 under Goalie Reaction speed Sliders..Is the Reaction Speed Faster on The Lowest or Highest Settings ?
Reaction speed is faster on the higher settings.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #47
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Curious as to why you have the cpu players faster than the human(acceleration 5/4)?
Old 11-23-2015, 12:01 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Curious as to why you have the cpu players faster than the human(acceleration 5/4)?
Hey jr, I wish I had a complicated, scientific answer for you, but I don't! I just liked the way that my players felt, and how the CPU seemed to react. To be honest, I still kind of play around with it every few games, so the settings that I put in the OP are not set in stone. As I tell everyone who has posted in the thread, the settings are personal, and what one finds comfortable and fun may be frustrating as hell for another, so tweak away! The only one that seems to be the untouchable one for me is the Attributes, anything but zero on that slider and the feel of the entire game changes for the worse in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »