Home

TNK NHL17 All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on TNK NHL17 All-Star Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2016, 02:15 AM   #73
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: TNK NHL17 All-Star Sliders

TNK BOSTON BRUINS FRANCHISE
Game #8 of The Season

Boston Bruins (4-1-2) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-5-0)

NOTE - I won't be doing the long game recaps in order to save time and get through games quicker. I'll still be posting shortened notes about the game as well as box scores so people can see the results I am getting from the sliders. I'm very happy with the way these are playing right now and will probably wait til I hit the 20 game mark before considering any minor tweaks.

* The game was tied 1-1 after the 1st period as David Backes scored for Boston with Thomas Vanek getting his 1st goal as a Red Wing. The Bruins would open up a 3-1 lead in the 2nd period on goals from Krejci and Backes before Detroit battled back to cut the Bruins lead to 3-2 after two periods. Boston got a big PP goal from Brad Marchand midway through the 3rd period to make it 4-2. Detroit answered with a PP goal from Mike Green to cut the deficit to 4-3. The Red Wings generated tremendous pressure in the closing minutes but could not get the equalizer as the Bruins earn a hard fought road victory in Detroit by a score of 4-3

* The Bruins bounce back after losing in OT in New York to the Rangers and improve to 5-1-2 on the season

* The Red Wings early season struggles continue as they fall to 3-6-0 on the season

* David Backes had a big 3 point night for Boston as he scored 2 goals and added an assist in his best performance since joining the Bruins as a free agent in the off season

* Brad Marchand continues his red hot start to the season by scoring his 7th goal in 8 games

* Anton Khudobin got the start in place of Rask and played pretty well stopping 24 of 27 shots

* The Bruins are 1-0-1 on this road trip and will travel south to Florida for the final two games of the trip to face the Panthers and Lightning. The Bruins will take on the Panthers in their next game who are currently 4-5-0 on the season

Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings
Oct 29, 2016123F
BOS (5-1-2)1214
DET (3-6-0)1113
Three Stars
David Backes (BOS)
2 Goals & 1 Assist
Mike Green (DET)
1 Goal
Thomas Vanek (DET)
1 Goal
Team Stats Comparison
BOSDET
Shots on Goal3427
Hits1427
Faceoffs Won-Lost20-2727-20
Penalty Minutes14:0024:00
Power Plays Converted11
Power Play Opportunities72
Time on Attack6:475:18
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
BOSDavid Backes (2) (unassisted) 10:32
DETThomas Vanek (1) (Helm) 14:39
SECOND PERIOD
BOSDavid Krejci (1) (Backes, McQuaid) 7:31
BOSDavid Backes (3) (Krug) 11:22
DETFrans Nielsen (3) (Ericsson) 17:23
THIRD PERIOD
BOSBrad Marchand (7) (Czarnik, Beleskey) (PP) 11:06
DETMike Green (2) (Tatar) (PP) 13:33
Boston Bruins - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Anton Khudobin2427113%3.00
Detroit Red Wings - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Petr Mrazek343088%4.02
Old 11-12-2016, 10:58 AM   #74
Pro

OVR: 5

Question for you. I play as a player lock LD. I have lost 6 games in a row. Have a record of 3-9-3. Do you think lowering ai learning will help me even out the cpu play? They are all over me. Always in perfect position to tap in a goal. I love your sliders and competitive play. I just want a chance to win a game. Last game I played I was up 2-0 halfway through the period. Then I had a 5 minute penalty on me. I gave up 22 shots on that power play and 3 goals. Then the CPU scored 2 more power play goals later in the game. I play a good defense. I am always rated with an A by the coach feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #75
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs3141
Question for you. I play as a player lock LD. I have lost 6 games in a row. Have a record of 3-9-3. Do you think lowering ai learning will help me even out the cpu play? They are all over me. Always in perfect position to tap in a goal. I love your sliders and competitive play. I just want a chance to win a game. Last game I played I was up 2-0 halfway through the period. Then I had a 5 minute penalty on me. I gave up 22 shots on that power play and 3 goals. Then the CPU scored 2 more power play goals later in the game. I play a good defense. I am always rated with an A by the coach feedback.

I think you need to focus on getting better defensively (not meant to be a jerk comment)....there's no reason to give up that many shots in 5 even if you are down 5 on 3

You need to play positionally, you don't have to attack the puck carrier and take yourself out of position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 5

I blame my CPU teammates. I play only as a LD. So I am in my position. But I can only defend one guy. The rest of my team need to do their job and clear the puck.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:09 AM   #77
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Game 9 of The Season

Boston Bruins (5-1-2) @ Florida Panthers (4-5-0)

The Bruins got off to a sluggish start and Florida carried the play in the early going but there was no scoring in the 1st period as Rask and Luongo were both solid in their respective nets and the game would go to the 1st intermission with the score tied 0-0 and the Panthers out-shooting the Bruins 12-9. The Bruins were dominating the 2nd period but it would be the Panthers who would get the games first goal when Kindl missed the net wide with a slap shot from the point but the puck would carom off the end boards right to Jonathan Huberdeau who snapped it home past a diving Rask to give Florida a 1-0 lead with 7:07 to play in the 2nd period. Boston survived a Florida powerplay right after the Huberdeau goal as Rask made a number of excellent stops. The Bruins answered back when Colin Miller blasted a slap shot through a screen that broke through Luongo to tie the score at 1-1 with 3:14 remaining in the period. The Bruins then took the lead just over a minute later when Luongo stopped a one timer from Spooner but David Krejci was ont he doorstep and batted the rebound in out of mid air for a goal to give Boston the lead 2-1. The 2nd period would end and the game would head to the 3rd period with Boston leading 2-1 and holding a 27-25 edge in shots. Boston would need to finish off the final 20 minutes skating with just 5 defensemem as Brandon Carlo was injured while blocking a shot late in the 2nd period. The Panthers tied it 4:59 into the period when Logan Shaw knocked the puck past Rask in a net front scrum to even the score at 2-2 with 15:01 to play and set up what should be a heck of a finish to this game. The Bruins went on the powerplay midway through the period and would retake the lead as they moved the puck around to create a good look and Matt Beleskey would fire a wrist shot past Luongo from the high slot to gvie Boston a 3-2 lead with 10:29 remaining. The game was in the final minute and Florida would get Luongo to the bench for the extra attacker. Boston thought they were going to clear the zone with about 7 seconds remaining when Barkov knocked down the clearing attempt and threw the puck towards the net where Rask made the save but Logan Shaw was there to collect the rebound and put it in with 0:02 remaining to tie the game and send BB&T Center into a frenzy as the Panthers tie the score in the final seconds and send the game to overtime. There was no scoring in the ovetime period and the game woudl be settled with a shootout. Jonathan Huberdeau scored in the first round of the shootout and roberto Luongo would deny all 3 Boston shooters to earnt he extra point for Florida as they earn a 4-3 shootout victory

* The Bruins lose a tough one in the shootout as they were 0:02 away from a 3-2 victory when Florida scored to tie the game and then the Panthers would earn a 4-3 victory in the shootout

*Logan Shaw scored 2 goals and Aleksander Barkov picked up 2 assists to lead the way offensively for Florida

* David Krejci had a goal and an assist for Boston and has scored in consecutive games

* Bruins rookie defenseman Brandon Carlo left the game late in the 2nd period after blocking a shot and did not return. The Bruins do not know how much time Carlo will miss as he is still being evaluated. Joe Morrow will replace Carlo in the lineup and will skate on the top pair with Chara.

* Dominic Moore will also be out of the lineup for a few days with a mild concussion.

* The Bruins will get David Pastrnak back in the lineup for their next game as he returns from injury after missing the last 4 games

* Florida was without star defenseman Aaron Ekblad who is out of the lineup with an injury

* The Bruins fall to 1-0-2 on this 4 game road trip which will conclude in Tampa Bay at Amalie Arena where the Bruins will take on the Lightning who have struggled to a 3-6-1 record in the early going

Boston Bruins at Florida Panthers
Nov 1, 2016123SOF
BOS (5-1-3)0210/03
FLA (5-5-0)0120/14
Three Stars
Logan Shaw (FLA)
2 Goals
Aleksander Barkov (FLA)
2 Assists
David Krejci (BOS)
1 Goal & 1 Assist
Team Stats Comparison
BOSFLA
Shots on Goal4138
Hits2530
Faceoffs Won-Lost27-2020-27
Penalty Minutes10:0014:00
Power Plays Converted10
Power Play Opportunities75
Time on Attack8:216:44
Scoring Summary
SECOND PERIOD
FLAJonathan Huberdeau (3) (Kindl, Barkov) 12:53
BOSColin Miller (1) (Liles, Moore) 16:46
BOSDavid Krejci (2) (Spooner, McQuaid) 18:00
THIRD PERIOD
FLALogan Shaw (1) (MacKenzie, Kampfer) 4:59
BOSMatt Beleskey (2) (Czarnik, Krejci) (PP) 9:31
FLALogan Shaw (2) (Barkov) 19:58
Boston Bruins - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Tuukka Rask3538109%2.77
Florida Panthers - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Roberto Luongo413893%2.78
Old 11-13-2016, 01:09 AM   #78
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs3141
I blame my CPU teammates. I play only as a LD. So I am in my position. But I can only defend one guy. The rest of my team need to do their job and clear the puck.

I would not play locked as one guy.....try playing without that for a few games, would love to hear how differently things play
Old 11-13-2016, 03:06 AM   #79
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Game 10 of The Season

Boston Bruins (5-1-3) @ Tampa Bay Lightning (3-6-1)

The teams were playing a pretty even 1st period with neither team really seizing control of the play until the Bruins would struck for a pair of goals 33 seconds apart late in the 1st period. Jimmy Hayes got a stick on a point shot from Liles and redirected the puck through the legs of Ben Bishop to give Boston a 1-0 lead and then Tory Krug hammered a slap shot past Bishop off an offensive zone face off to make it 2-0. The Lightning came out flying to begin the 2nd period and got a goal from Tyler Johnson who one timed a bomb past Rask from the top of the circles early in the period to cut the Boston lead to 2-1. Tampa Bay would dominate the period and had the Bruins trapped in their own end for much of the period but would get to the intermission with the 2-1 lead intact thanks to stellar goal tending from Tuukka Rask. The Bruins would need to come out with a much better effort in the 3rd period if they were going to hold on their 2-1 lead and the Lightning would score just 10 seconds into the 3rd period as they entered the zone off the opening face off and Rask would stop the initial shot from Palat but the rebound would go right to Steven Stamkos who snapped it home to tie the game at 2-2 with 19:50 left to play. Tampa Bay had the momentum on their side and came right back with another goal a couple minutes later as they had Rask under siege and Namestnikov would score on a rebound to give the Lightning a 3-2 lead with 17:49 remaining. Boston answered quickly though as Riley Nash tipped a shot from Joe Morrow past Bishop to even the score at 3-3 with 15:28 to play. The intensity was ramping up as the clock ticked under 10:00 to play and Boston would get an opportunity to break the tie when Ryan Callahan was called for a trip to put the Bruins on the powerplay with 4:53 to play but Tampa would kill it off. The Bruins would break the tie when Patrice Bergeron finished off a nice play when he took a feed from Ryan Spooner and beat Bishop five hole to give Boston a 4-3 lead with 1:41 remaining. Tampa would get the extra attacker on the ice and had tremendous pressure in the final 30 seconds but the Bruins would hold on for a thrilling 4-3 victory

* The Bruins were up 2-0 before falling asleep as the Lightning stormed back with 3 unanswered goals to take a 3-2 lead before Riley Nash tied the game in the 3rd period and Patrice Bergeron would win it with a goal with 1:41 to play as the Bruins win 4-3

* The Lightning are struggling and fall to 3-7-1 on the season with the loss

* The Bruins improve to 6-1-3 as they have gotten off to a terrific start to the season

* Tory Krug had a goal and an assist for Boston and has been outstanding as he leads the team in scoring with 3 goals and 8 assists for 11 points in 10 games

* Patrice Bergeron registered a goal and an assist for Boston

* The story of the game was the Lightnings failure to execute on the man advantage as they went 1 for 11 on the powerplay in the game

* The Bruins finish off their road trip going 2-0-2 and will return home to Boston where they will face the New York Rangers in their next game at TD Garden

Boston Bruins at Tampa Bay Lightning
Nov 3, 2016123F
BOS (6-1-3)2024
TAM (3-7-1)0123
Three Stars
Patrice Bergeron (BOS)
1 Goal & 1 Assist
Tory Krug (BOS)
1 Goal & 1 Assist
Victor Hedman (TB)
2 Assists
Team Stats Comparison
BOSTAM
Shots on Goal3031
Hits2721
Faceoffs Won-Lost29-1919-29
Penalty Minutes22:006:00
Power Plays Converted01
Power Play Opportunities311
Time on Attack5:577:26
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
BOSJimmy Hayes (3) (Liles, Acciari) 15:!5
BOSTory Krug (3) (Bergeron) 15:48
SECOND PERIOD
TAMTyler Johnson (2) (Filppula, Hedman) 2:56
THIRD PERIOD
TAMSteven Stamkos (6) (Palat, Kucherov) 0:10
TAMVladislav Namestnikov (1) (Drouin, Hedman) 2:11
BOSRiley Nash (2) (Morrow) 15:28
BOSPatrice Bergeron (3) (Spooner, Krug) 18:19
Boston Bruins - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Tuukka Rask312890%3.00
Tampa Bay Lightning - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Ben Bishop 302687%4.04
Old 11-16-2016, 01:25 AM   #80
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Game 11 of The Season

New York Rangers (6-4-1) @ Boston Bruins (6-1-3)

The Bruins and Rangers square off at TD Garden in a match up between two of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference as the Bruins are off to a great start at 6-1-3 on the season and the Rangers have won 5 straight as they were 1-4-1 the last time these teams met 10 days ago when the Rangers beat the Bruins 4-3 in OT at Madison Square Garden to begin their 5 game winning streak. Boston was controlling the play early and dominated the opening 10 minutes of the game out-shooting New York by a 9-1 margin but there was no scoring as Lundqvist was looking solid in the New York net. Both teams had powerplay opportunities near the end of the period but neither could convert and the 1st period would come to an end with Boston out-shooting New York 16-4 after 20 minutes of play. The Rangers opened the scoring just 30 seconds into the 2nd period when Chris Kreider put home a rebound after Rask stopped the initial shot from Stepan to give New York a 1-0 lead. The Bruins had some excellent scoring chances in the period and failed to convert on a couple powerplay tries despite good puck movement and a few point blank opportunities but Henrik Lundqvist has been outstanding in the Rangers net and New York would go to the locker room for the 2nd intermission with a 1-0 lead despite being out shot by a 27-17 margin. The Bruins would enter the 3rd period trailing 1-0 and they have been unable to solve Lundqvist through 40 minutes as the Rangers net minder has been lights out. The Rangers would extend their lead early in the 3rd period when Ryan McDonagh ripped a slap shot through a screen that Rask never saw for a huge goal to make it 2-0 with 17:49 to play. Boston would finally break through with 13:08 remaining when Lundqvist stopped a point shot from Colin Miller but Matt Beleskey was parked in front of the net and was able to swat at the rebound and slam it home to pull the Bruins within a goal 2-1 and get the crowd into the game. The Rangers answered right back on the powerplay when Mika Zibanejad picked the pocket of Liles to the side of the Bruins net and stuffed the puck past Rask for an big unassisted PP goal to give the Rangers a 3-1 lead with 10:34 remaining. The Bruins would not go quietly though as the game moved into the final minutes and Patrice Bergeron made a nice move at the blue line to split the defense and sniped the top corner on a beautiful shot to make it a one goal game with 1:43 remaining. Boston would pull Rask for the extra attacker on an offensive zone faceoff with 1:11 to play and had pressure but Lundqvist would slam the door shut and time would run out as the Rangers hold on for a 3-2 victory

* This was an outstanding game between two of the top teams in the Eastern Conference and the Rangers would come away with 3-2 victory to hand the Bruins just their 2nd regulation loss of the season

* The Rangers have now won 6 straight after getting off to a 1-4-1 start to the season

* Henrik Lundqvist was terrific in net for New York as he made several highlight reel saves and stopped 35 of 37 shots in the victory

* Tuukka Rask was solid in net for Boston stopping 28 of 31 shots in the defeat

* Patrice Bergeron scored his 4th goal of the season for Boston

* Brad Marchand was injured when he dropped the gloves with Dylan McIlrath and got pounded. Marchand is going to miss a week with a broken jaw.

* David Pastrnak will return to the lineup in the Bruins next game

* The Bruins will remain at home for their next game as the Buffalo Sabres will come to TD Garden with a 4-5-2 record to face the Bruins

New York Rangers at Boston Bruins
Nov 5, 2016123F
NYR (7-4-1)0123
BOS (6-2-3)0022
Three Stars
Henrik Lundqvist (NYR)
35 Saves
Patrice Bergeron (BOS)
1 Goal
Mike Zibanejad (NYR)
1 Goal
Team Stats Comparison