Home

Fiddy's NHL 17 Sliders

This is a discussion on Fiddy's NHL 17 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Fiddy's NHL 17 Sliders

TLDR: everything is great, the CPU is just scoring more than me (on equal shots). What do I adjust first?

I am using the 5 minute slider set as I like quicker games so I can play through a whole season. This is the best set I have found so far. I have tweaked a few things for personal preference and ability, but I am still a little off from where I would like to be.

I am currently seeing around 40 shots per game (total), and even stats for both my team and the cpu team. I am seeing close to even passing %, even shots, even penalty minutes, even hits, even time of possession, everything is really close.... except for goals... The CPU is getting 2-4 goals per game (on 20ish shots, which is a fine % for my purposes), and I am only getting 0-1 goals per game on the same amount of shots.

I have noticed that nearly 100% of the time the CPU scores when they shoot from the slot, and I don't see anywhere near that %. It seems like the CPU goalie can easily slide across the crease to stop sure goals, or has crazy reaction time to stop a rocket from the slot. I have also noticed that a lot of my shots don't hit the net at all, when they should be easy shots. I do not play enough to know how to do the glitch goal that you are talking about top shelf, so I don't think this will be a problem for me.

One last thing I have noticed is that the CPU does get a few more of their shots from a good scoring spot than I do. So this mixed with hitting everything from the slot creates the goal discrepancy.

So long story long... I am not sure the best way to fix my issues? Should I give my goalie an advantage over the CPU goalie by lowering CPU goalie reactions? Or should I up human shot accuracy? Should I adjust the CPU defense so it is easier for me to get shots from the slot? How much should I adjust these?

Thanks for any help that is provided!

Last edited by RockCh4lk; 11-17-2016 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Alright so I'm using the 10 minute sliders on all star the changes I made was I put the one timer accuracy at 12 and pass accuracy at 37 both for human, now my issue is the CPU hits they only get about 10 hits in a game, can you tell me how they can get in the 20-25 range?
Old 11-19-2016, 02:23 PM   #27
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCh4lk
TLDR: everything is great, the CPU is just scoring more than me (on equal shots). What do I adjust first?

I am using the 5 minute slider set as I like quicker games so I can play through a whole season. This is the best set I have found so far. I have tweaked a few things for personal preference and ability, but I am still a little off from where I would like to be.

I am currently seeing around 40 shots per game (total), and even stats for both my team and the cpu team. I am seeing close to even passing %, even shots, even penalty minutes, even hits, even time of possession, everything is really close.... except for goals... The CPU is getting 2-4 goals per game (on 20ish shots, which is a fine % for my purposes), and I am only getting 0-1 goals per game on the same amount of shots.

I have noticed that nearly 100% of the time the CPU scores when they shoot from the slot, and I don't see anywhere near that %. It seems like the CPU goalie can easily slide across the crease to stop sure goals, or has crazy reaction time to stop a rocket from the slot. I have also noticed that a lot of my shots don't hit the net at all, when they should be easy shots. I do not play enough to know how to do the glitch goal that you are talking about top shelf, so I don't think this will be a problem for me.

One last thing I have noticed is that the CPU does get a few more of their shots from a good scoring spot than I do. So this mixed with hitting everything from the slot creates the goal discrepancy.

So long story long... I am not sure the best way to fix my issues? Should I give my goalie an advantage over the CPU goalie by lowering CPU goalie reactions? Or should I up human shot accuracy? Should I adjust the CPU defense so it is easier for me to get shots from the slot? How much should I adjust these?

Thanks for any help that is provided!
Maybe lower some of the defensive CPU sliders and up your shot acc slider by 5-10 clicks. See if that helps.

It's tough, because playing 5 min periods doesn't give you enough time to develop a lot of scoring chances at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexylexy
Alright so I'm using the 10 minute sliders on all star the changes I made was I put the one timer accuracy at 12 and pass accuracy at 37 both for human, now my issue is the CPU hits they only get about 10 hits in a game, can you tell me how they can get in the 20-25 range?

That's another tough one, I have seen hits in the 20's, but also single digits. It IMO has to do with how the user plays. If you are good at moving the puck, hits will be hard to come by for the CPU. I don't think anything can really fix that, again IMO.

Goo to see you guys using these as a base etc.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 11-26-2016, 10:24 AM   #28

Fiddy's Arena

I made some changes to the 8/10 minute period set.

I made the move back to superstar, but will play just fine on all star. I also went to HUM strat adjustment at 3. This seems to have made the games a bit more even with the CPU, making adjustments when needed. On 4 was way too many, on 3, seems ok. This is also user preference, but was a nice change of pace for me.

Some key changes below. (HUM and CPU unless noted)

Game Speed to 5
Fatigue Effect to 62
Back Skating to 25
Pass Interceptions to 75
Goalie Cross Crease Reaction to 50
Goalie Save Reaction Slider 62 (HUM only)
Goalie Screen Effect 75
Goalie Screen Persistence 75
Poke Checking Range 12
Poke Checking Accuracy 37
Stick Lift Effectiveness 62
CPU Strategy Adjustment 3
User Strategy Adjustment 3

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-09-2016, 08:24 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Trying your sliders jumping up from pro to all star. Do you find it hard to get a lot of shots and if not what do you recommend on getting good clean shots? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider
Old 12-11-2016, 10:37 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just have a question, when you started using these on superstar did you keep the difficulty slider at 6? These sliders are fun, the game feels fast and exciting without being frantic.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #31

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgameronny
Trying your sliders jumping up from pro to all star. Do you find it hard to get a lot of shots and if not what do you recommend on getting good clean shots? Thanks
I don't have much issue getting shots, just have to move the puck (easier sad than done at times though). Keep CPU difficulty and CPU strat adjustment both at 0. Then adjust from there if games get a tad easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocx39
I just have a question, when you started using these on superstar did you keep the difficulty slider at 6? These sliders are fun, the game feels fast and exciting without being frantic.
I've been adjusting the CPU difficulty slider off and on along with CPU strat adjustment. On All Star i use CPU difficulty at 6, on Supserstar, between 2-4 (along with CPU strat adjustment between 2-4 s well)

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 08:35 PM   #32
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Played two games with these sliders in All-Star Only adjustment currently is to keep CPU and Human values equal. Good games so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »