Home

OBG's NHL 17 Sliders All Star-10 min Periods

This is a discussion on OBG's NHL 17 Sliders All Star-10 min Periods within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 04:37 PM   #33
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: OBG's NHL 17 Sliders All Star-10 min Periods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
the goalie letting goals in on his own. d-men kicking them in and the goalie not seeing it. goalie coming out to play the puck and then looking entirely lost and giving up bad goals on dumb passes to no one. Trust me, I wouldn't make this up.
Try something for me...play about ten games and count how many times that circumstance ACTUALLY happens. I'd be lying if i said I've never seen that very thing, and it is TRULY annoying when it does occur, no doubt. However, since I've began recording game clips I've realized it doesn't happen very often. Once in my last six games to be exact. So sometimes i just forgive the issue because stupid things like that happen anyways.

As far as the CPU goaltender is concerned with putting itself in dangerous positions, it doesn't occur extremely frequently but when it does I have a house rule that I don't try to score unless the goaltender has a good shot at stopping me.

If you're referring to the HUM goalkeeper having this problem, that's one hundred percent avoidable...most of the time.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:32 AM   #34
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Lowered CPU save reaction back down to 55. With the raised CPU shooting accuracy they've become way more dangerous, while with the raised CPU save reaction my offence nearly all dried up. This should be a good balance.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:24 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

It's ok... I appreciate your replies, and I expect you to defend your slider set. What I'm seeing are CPU goalies let some dumb goals in - but I'll look at the other slider sets here and see what type of ideas are present. You're happy with your set - don't worry with what I've seen a number of times. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #36
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
It's ok... I appreciate your replies, and I expect you to defend your slider set. What I'm seeing are CPU goalies let some dumb goals in - but I'll look at the other slider sets here and see what type of ideas are present. You're happy with your set - don't worry with what I've seen a number of times. Thanks.
I made a comment about this earlier in the thread. I had 4 games in a row with a "dumb" goal let in. By that I mean I dumped it in and it took a weird ricochet off the boards and went in or I made a bad pass and because the CPU goalie doesn't recognize it's a pass, doesn't try to stop the puck. It's as if the goalies sometimes only recognize the pucks if it's off a "shot" animation. I put goalie cover ups to 100 and passing to 0, which I think it should be regardless for this game and that seemed to help.

Other than that, I just can't get the CPU to check me regardless of the sliders. I played the Sharks, Blues, Islanders, Red Wings on 12 minute periods and the highest hit total has been 11 so I guess I'll just have to deal. Otherwise, having a great time with the game. I have Lundqvist in goal so I have Al's goalie sliders but these have done a great job otherwise with gameplay.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:52 PM   #37
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Other than that, I just can't get the CPU to check me regardless of the sliders. I played the Sharks, Blues, Islanders, Red Wings on 12 minute periods and the highest hit total has been 11 so I guess I'll just have to deal. Otherwise, having a great time with the game. I have Lundqvist in goal so I have Al's goalie sliders but these have done a great job otherwise with gameplay.
Same here, no matter what, CPU don't hit much. Kind of tied into aggression slider, but if that gets raised too much everything else goes out of whack.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #38
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Sorry for losing my cool there a bit guys^^^^ Had to step away from the site and renew my attitude a little. lol

Anyways...I'm video streaming game by game highlights on my dynasty thread here in the hockey dynasties. It shows off the sliders pretty well, Ill say.

Some here saying there aren't enough cpu hits. That's not true, there is variance. There are games the CPU hits me 10 times, and there are games that the CPU hits me 35 times. I like the variety.

Some slight adjustments have been made to the sliders that are represented in the original post. I turned the puck carrier board effect WAY down and evened out the shooting sliders and the goaltending sliders and its pretty much perfect for me. I wont be doing a whole lot of adjusting from here.

here is the linky...enjoy. its pretty sweet. Have to scroll a bit to get to the game highlights, but they are on the first page still I believe. Forgive me as I was learning through the first 5-10 and they definitely get better as time goes on.

OBG'S Quebec Winter Hawks Official Thread

Last edited by onlybygrace; 10-10-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:28 PM   #39
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

btw, game stats are at the end of each clip...if someone wants to make a chart documenting the hit stats, that'd be greaaat.

Last edited by onlybygrace; 10-10-2016 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #40
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Cool man, I'm glad you're having fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »