Home

OBG's NHL 17 Sliders All Star-10 min Periods

This is a discussion on OBG's NHL 17 Sliders All Star-10 min Periods within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #49
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: OBG's NHL 17 Sliders All Star-10 min Periods

Hello gentlemen!

I just want to say that these sliders so far are the best. The looseness of the puck is great so far, and the passing % is finally where it should be. my only concern is player fatigue recovery. These players are in spectacular shape and i feel that they recover faster.

Great Job on these and when i get a chance to mess with these a little bit ill make some changes.

All in all SUPERB JOB!!!!
Old 10-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #50
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: OBG's NHL 17 Sliders All Star-10 min Periods

Curious what you think of stick lifts post-patch. They seem abundant. It has really changed the gameplay. How does this effect your stick lift setting?

Also, just to confirm, you use All-star difficulty w/ +6 cpu difficulty adjustment?
Old 10-21-2016, 10:50 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Came back to this set after trying some others. It's good stuff, even with my earlier question about goalie stuff (of which I think I fixed with one slider change). Question: I'm seeing a LOT of deflected goals being scored by the cpu - it seems like most goals are on deflections now, which makes them near unstoppable. Anyone else seeing this? Again, this is NOT a criticism - just a legitimate question. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #52
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Curious what you think of stick lifts post-patch. They seem abundant. It has really changed the gameplay. How does this effect your stick lift setting?

Also, just to confirm, you use All-star difficulty w/ +6 cpu difficulty adjustment?
I haven't noticed anything too different on my end, but I'll pay closer attention going forward. I do not play with +6 difficulty adjustment, its actually at zero I believe. If you feel the need to adjust, then by all means--have at it. Honestly, for you specifically--I'd love to see you come up with and post your own slider thread. You seem to have plenty of legitimate theories and questions for us who've taken the time...maybe its time for you to step up and contribute something other than inquiries to us who are satisfied and happy.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #53
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Came back to this set after trying some others. It's good stuff, even with my earlier question about goalie stuff (of which I think I fixed with one slider change). Question: I'm seeing a LOT of deflected goals being scored by the cpu - it seems like most goals are on deflections now, which makes them near unstoppable. Anyone else seeing this? Again, this is NOT a criticism - just a legitimate question. Thanks.
Cool man. I'm not seeing an over abundance of deflection goals by the CPU. In fact, there was a time where I wondered if I was seeing too few by the CPU.

Here is my Dynasty thread full of video highlights of all goals from each game if you need proof, which I doubt you do since you seem like a level headed person.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...al-thread.html
Old 10-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Question: are you playing on ALL-STAR or SUPERSTAR level?

I'm playing on Superstar - I think this might be the problem... The game just seems too scripted - like there are moments when you are just powerless. The deflection goals have been most of them since I've played with the patch.

Curious as to what level you play. Thanks - these are good sliders. The ONLY change I've made to your set on the numbers: LOWERED "Goalie Cover Puck Frequency" down to 60 (from your 75). That stopped a lot of the stupid goalie animations I was seeing, that I mentioned prior.

Thanks again - nothing I write is meant as a criticism - this is a good set, just wanted to see what level you're playing on, and if that's why I'm seeing some of the stuff I am. Thanks again!
Old 10-21-2016, 09:52 PM   #55
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Question: are you playing on ALL-STAR or SUPERSTAR level?

I'm playing on Superstar - I think this might be the problem... The game just seems too scripted - like there are moments when you are just powerless. The deflection goals have been most of them since I've played with the patch.

Curious as to what level you play. Thanks - these are good sliders. The ONLY change I've made to your set on the numbers: LOWERED "Goalie Cover Puck Frequency" down to 60 (from your 75). That stopped a lot of the stupid goalie animations I was seeing, that I mentioned prior.

Thanks again - nothing I write is meant as a criticism - this is a good set, just wanted to see what level you're playing on, and if that's why I'm seeing some of the stuff I am. Thanks again!
I'm on all star. I think I'll take your advice and make the same adjustment you made. Seems reasonable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 04:14 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 5

I have tried all the sliders and like yours. If I want to play on coach mode do you think anything needs to be tweaked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »