Home

Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 17 Sliders

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 17 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #33
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cycloniac's TrueSim NHL 17 Sliders

Seriously, thank you for these. I've dialed back some of the speed elements, and the stumble threshold, and I find these to be just perfect. On the powerplay I see actual possession and smooth passes, when 5 on 5 I see lots of chippy play along the boards, in the neutral zone I see a lot of turnovers with guys throwing the puck into the zone for line changes and guys throwing the puck out of the zone cause they were under pressure, I see breakaways here and there from the turnovers in the NZ, I see it all.

As far as the changes go, here they are

Game Speed - 3
Back Skating - 45
Puck Carrier Speed - 55
Skating Speed - 55
Shot Power - 50
Slap Shot Power - 55
Max Pass Speed - 60
Stumble Threshold - 60

You really do have to be more disciplined and play more to the style of a real life system, no just carrying the puck into the zone as a single skater without passing, you will be hit and stripped of the puck. No dangling and deking right after crossing the blue line to get by a defender, you will lose the puck or again get stripped of the puck. If your team gets caught playing too deep on the forecheck when you turnover the puck, opposing forwards will skate in the zone with little pressure as your defender can't super skate in front of him. I actually feel comfortable doing a Franchise mode now rather than just play testing in Play Now or doing my BAP
Old 10-18-2016, 10:47 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 16

I'll have to play a few more games, but the first thing I noticed, is with Attrib Effects at 10, I'm not seeing the difference between good and bad players. Seems like even the mediocre players are playing like superstars. I'll have to lower this to 5.

I also think the goalie reaction has to be raised a bit for the HUM. My goalie seems to be real slow in his reaction time. The most common goals seem to be when the goalie makes a save and is still "sitting" on the ice and leaves an open net goal.

Last edited by Steven547; 10-19-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:04 PM   #35
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSuperman
Seriously, thank you for these. I've dialed back some of the speed elements, and the stumble threshold, and I find these to be just perfect. On the powerplay I see actual possession and smooth passes, when 5 on 5 I see lots of chippy play along the boards, in the neutral zone I see a lot of turnovers with guys throwing the puck into the zone for line changes and guys throwing the puck out of the zone cause they were under pressure, I see breakaways here and there from the turnovers in the NZ, I see it all.

As far as the changes go, here they are

Game Speed - 3
Back Skating - 45
Puck Carrier Speed - 55
Skating Speed - 55
Shot Power - 50
Slap Shot Power - 55
Max Pass Speed - 60
Stumble Threshold - 60

You really do have to be more disciplined and play more to the style of a real life system, no just carrying the puck into the zone as a single skater without passing, you will be hit and stripped of the puck. No dangling and deking right after crossing the blue line to get by a defender, you will lose the puck or again get stripped of the puck. If your team gets caught playing too deep on the forecheck when you turnover the puck, opposing forwards will skate in the zone with little pressure as your defender can't super skate in front of him. I actually feel comfortable doing a Franchise mode now rather than just play testing in Play Now or doing my BAP
I'm still tweaking the update after the patch, so I'll have to give these suggestions a go

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 08:16 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 5

Anxious to see what you got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2016, 08:01 PM   #37
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

The only "problem" I have is with shot totals, with the most I've seen in regulation at 25 and the least being about 20. I'm fine with that though cause I think the issue is a LOT of turnovers, and I really like that part of the game with these sliders. Other sets I've tried I just can't stand the turnovers and with these it just feels like a natural part of the ebb and flow of the game and not a frustration factory
Old 10-25-2016, 12:22 AM   #38
Rookie

ImJustMikeyG's Arena

Great playing sliders bro, well done.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:16 PM   #39
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

VERSION 2.0 POSTED
I tweaked a lot of things, and I've been tweaking over the past month. Finally think I have the game where I want it to be.

I took all of the feedback into account. I wanted to keep the foundation, but make noticeable changes. The first thing I tried to do was dial back some of the speed elements, but retain what made the original set unique and authentic to hockey.

Then, I wanted to work on spacing. I wanted to make sure that powerplays felt like powerplays; strong puck movement, positoning and pace.

When I had that where I wanted it, I worked on physical play and goaltending. I tried to make sure that hits were coming from the right players and that physical teams shined. I also liked how cycling and powerplays were looking, but didn't feel that there was a sufficient level of reward for getting really good scoring opportunities. It will be harder to get them now, so I wanted to make sure that the best shooters would be able to capitalize when appropriate.

I think the changes made will be immediately noticeable when plugging these in.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #40
Rookie

Hey, great job with these sliders; and, thanks! I was really struggling with the sliders this year. I could not find my comfort zone. This was an excellent base set to work off of. It only took me one franchise game to tweak them slightly to my liking. Again, thanks for sharing. 👍

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »