Home

Anyone playing with default sliders this year?

This is a discussion on Anyone playing with default sliders this year? within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone playing with default sliders this year?

One thing I really can't stand about EA's NHL (it's probably an issue with their other sports titles too, but I don't play them enough to realize it) is that you have to spend tons of time working on your sliders because the base game just isn't very well tuned. MLB The Show, on the other hand, handles sliders very well. You get a nicely tuned base game, and if you want, there are a reasonable amount of 0-10 scale Sliders that cover most of the game's bases without over loading you with options. With minor adjustments to just 4 of the sliders, I was able to get my settings down fairly quickly in MLBTS 16 and am having great games of baseball. Really easy to fine tune your experience in that game. NHL's sliders always seem to take a lot more work to find settings that work for you. Actually, I don't think I've ever really been able to make a set that has kept me happy with the game.

With that being said, is anybody finding any of the default presets to be a good fun time this year? I played one game on 4/4 Full Sim but it felt ugly. My players felt like they were moving through molasses using tank controls. Also played part of a game on 3/4, but stopped after 6 goals were scored with 8 minutes still to go in the first period. I'm not expecting a perfect experience right out of the box (that's what sliders are there for after all) but it seems that every year, to even begin to get good gameplay with NHL you have to go really deep with the sliders. I'm hoping at least someone out there is having some good games on default with only minor tweaks. Really don't feel like giving myself slideritis again after curing it with MLBTS 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #2
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Anyone playing with default sliders this year?

I played on default hardcore all star/superstar 5 minute periods all of last year.

With the changes to the sliders and the pre sets getting a set this year is taking some time.

If you are looking to play between 8-10 min games, preset 4 with some adjustments plays pretty decent. I would change a few things personally.

CPU Pass Acc 0
CPU One Timer 0

Then just live with what the pre set gives you.

If you are looking for 5/6 min games, preset 3 with some adjustments plays solid as well (kind of what I'm doing now with a test set).

CPU Pass Acc 0
CPU One Timer 0
Board Effect Puck Carrier and Non Puck Carrier both to 50
Skating Impact 50
Skating Acceleration 50

Those changes and preset 3 plays solid, shots, saves, goals etc. Some fun! Not for everyone. But I find them fun. I will post my updated 5 min period slider set here tonight or tomorrow. They don't stray too far from defaults. My games have been a blast as of late.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-07-2016, 11:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

Cool, thanks Fiddy! Looking forward to playing with your 5 minute sliders soon.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I played on default hardcore all star/superstar 5 minute periods all of last year.

With the changes to the sliders and the pre sets getting a set this year is taking some time.

If you are looking to play between 8-10 min games, preset 4 with some adjustments plays pretty decent. I would change a few things personally.

CPU Pass Acc 0
CPU One Timer 0

Then just live with what the pre set gives you.

If you are looking for 5/6 min games, preset 3 with some adjustments plays solid as well (kind of what I'm doing now with a test set).

CPU Pass Acc 0
CPU One Timer 0
Board Effect Puck Carrier and Non Puck Carrier both to 50
Skating Impact 50
Skating Acceleration 50

Those changes and preset 3 plays solid, shots, saves, goals etc. Some fun! Not for everyone. But I find them fun. I will post my updated 5 min period slider set here tonight or tomorrow. They don't stray too far from defaults. My games have been a blast as of late.

I agree with that. You need to up the PEN sliders also , which are new this year.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:17 AM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader110
I agree with that. You need to up the PEN sliders also , which are new this year.
Yes, bump up the penalties as well.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »