Home

Some what new player needing good mix of realism and fast paced action

This is a discussion on Some what new player needing good mix of realism and fast paced action within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #1
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4
Some what new player needing good mix of realism and fast paced action

I've recently picked up '17 when it was on sale on PSN for $10. I've played a number of games and have gotten to be decent at the game. I'm not a top tier player or anything but I've gotten OK for someone who hasn't played an NHL game in a long time. I'm trying to find that good mix of fast paced action but also some realism mixed in. I don't want it to be NHL 94 arcade game style but don't want to other extreme of very real etc. Anyone have any good options in terms of difficulty/sliders/game play settings?

I've messed with Altito's and others sliders but can't seem to find one. My skaters feel like they are pulling 10 ton trucks it takes them so long to get going after a loose puck or something which allows for opponent's to get pretty much every loose puck. Poke checked pucks just seem to either to right back to opponent who I poke checked from or directly to another opponent skater. Teammate's AI can do some good things, but NEVER NEVER react to loose pucks or pucks gliding right past them. They allow wide open undefended opponents directly in front of my net. All and all they do Stupid things ALL the time and I kills my immersion.

I posted this in the other thread but probably needs to be here.

I'm just trying to find that good mix and can't seem to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 11:39 AM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Some what new player needing good mix of realism and fast paced action

I did have one slider that had everything, game speed: 5 and Player Acceleration: CPU: 65 & Human: 65 , Size Effect: 98 or 97 or 99 & Checking Balance Effect: 95 or 97 or 98 or 99, higher hitting power: 75 or 65 & higher hitting assistance: 20 or 45 or 55, higher faceoff difficulty: 55 or 62 or 65 and higher fight difficulty: 65 or 62 or 75 or 72, higher pass interceptions: 82 or 85 or 90 or 95 or 99 or 77.

among other stuff, I also had higher pass accuracy: 70 or 77 or 79 or 85 or 90 or 50 or 55.

if you want me to work on that also, I can if you want, now reason why size effect is 97 or 98 or 99, I like to base it off of realistic life, so for instance : 97 is the standard human strength and stuff, in fights you seen small guy take out a big guy. , 98 I've seen big and small guys build strength and also win stuff, take UFC for instance, that's why I base it off that and that's why its 98, 99 some leagues I've seen bigger guys dominate arena and stuff and bigger teams means world championships or not, now I also have Minor League team size settings also: 88 & 90 & 95 & 25, I've seen some amateurs do some pretty amazing stuff over the years.

now recently I had to lower the slap shot power: 70 or 75 and raise shot power: 55 or 60 or just default 50.

another thing I experimenting with is poke checking range: 95 or 100 or 90 or 85 or 98 or 99. (which turned out great)

stick lift effectiveness: 70 or 75 or 80 (not 90 , heard it was broken or something)

Poke checking power: 50 or 60

Poke checking accuracy: 40 or 45 or 30 or 50 or 55

these are just some of stuff I've done to it.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 06-11-2017 at 11:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »