Home

Mike Lowe NHL '18 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe NHL '18 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #17
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Mike Lowe NHL '18 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymayhem
Well I've managed to play about 10 games and I'm really frustrated already.
I've noticed that most of your settings are vanilla, is this cause your taking the one issue at a time approach?

The community seems dried up, it's been dieing off for a few years now so it's really hard to get on top these sliders with minimal people working on them to help each other out. Damn this must be what the NHL 18 dev team feels:P

- I feel my teammates have no idea where the hell they should be on the ice? While attacking I have a hard time setting any plays up cause the CPU almost always interferes or my player just has really awkward body positioning after he receives the pass.

- Same issue with teammates just in the defensive zone. When the cpu comes in they can cycle and pass with ease but my guys just sit back and do nothing.

- If battling for a loose puck I almost never come away with the puck on my stick.

- The hits are still a little to high for me. Guys are getting flattened all over the place.
The community has dried up, the passion from us hardcore fans has dwindled down to basically nothing. That's from 8 years of the same old same.

AI teammates, they can be frustrating. I recommend this, play a few games position locked and set into the strats you want to use. You will get used to where they tend to be more than not and help stop running into them etc. It helps for sure, but not a cure all.

Loose pucks, in a battle, just settle in and play d, we as users can't pick up pucks like the CPU no matter the sliders etc.

Keep an eye in here, Mike will come up with something for ya, in meantime test some stuff out and post some results on here.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 09-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
The community has dried up, the passion from us hardcore fans has dwindled down to basically nothing. That's from 8 years of the same old same.

AI teammates, they can be frustrating. I recommend this, play a few games position locked and set into the strats you want to use. You will get used to where they tend to be more than not and help stop running into them etc. It helps for sure, but not a cure all.

Loose pucks, in a battle, just settle in and play d, we as users can't pick up pucks like the CPU no matter the sliders etc.

Keep an eye in here, Mike will come up with something for ya, in meantime test some stuff out and post some results on here.

Also hockey isn't widely as popular as the other American sports and I remember guy at GameStop telling me that a lot of the NHL sales occur around the playoffs. Also you have 4 major titles coming out in a month for us sports gamers and NHL is the worst of the 4 IMO. I love hockey and NHL and will play a lot. Thanks for coming up with sliders!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-15-2017, 09:43 AM   #19
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Thanks, Fiddy. I was using your sliders last year, and liked them a lot. I actually love NHL '18 this year, and feel it matches up to simmed stats surprisingly well. Maybe I've just gotten a lot better (thanks to EASHL and HUT), but I'm very optimistic about this game simply because I'm having FUN playing it. Are load times slow? Yes. Do I wish there was some more depth in franchise mode, especially with storylines and player interaction (right now, morale meetings are a simple MC game with only one layer, and only 3 responses (2 of them result in 'no change'))? Yes.

But I'm enjoying it, and I'm looking forward to working together with you all, other slider creators included, to provide the best experience.

All games have their issues (MLB The Show catcher defense has completely ruined the game experience for me, Madden has zero depth when it comes to engagement), but I'm loving NHL again, and with my expansion team, it's been tremendous fun.

Let's work together, stay positive, and have fun with NHL '18 this year, because if you're not enjoying it, these sliders are responsive enough that we can all help you.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #20
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Ain't that the truth?

I'd like to get back into offline after seeing some promising things from the AI while watching Millennium play the CPU on Twitch. I messed around a little with sliders on 17 in some different ways from what I see in here -- particularly for those that dictate player collisions -- and would like to see if I can hone in on something if I put the time in.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Thanks, Fiddy. I was using your sliders last year, and liked them a lot. I actually love NHL '18 this year, and feel it matches up to simmed stats surprisingly well. Maybe I've just gotten a lot better (thanks to EASHL and HUT), but I'm very optimistic about this game simply because I'm having FUN playing it. Are load times slow? Yes. Do I wish there was some more depth in franchise mode, especially with storylines and player interaction (right now, morale meetings are a simple MC game with only one layer, and only 3 responses (2 of them result in 'no change'))? Yes.

But I'm enjoying it, and I'm looking forward to working together with you all, other slider creators included, to provide the best experience.

All games have their issues (MLB The Show catcher defense has completely ruined the game experience for me, Madden has zero depth when it comes to engagement), but I'm loving NHL again, and with my expansion team, it's been tremendous fun.

Let's work together, stay positive, and have fun with NHL '18 this year, because if you're not enjoying it, these sliders are responsive enough that we can all help you.

Would these work for Position Lock or Coach mode? I had a hard time finding good "SIM" stats for NHL 17.

Played a few games and here are my thoughts:
The pass % for both teams was above 80.
Tons of penalties.
CPU does not miss too many shots. I was PIT playing VGK. Was winning 3-1 going into the 3rd and then it was the sudden goal fest by the CPU. They won 5-4. Poke checks were no longer working, etc. I would poke check and the CPU puck carrier would instantly pick up the rebound again. Frustrating again.

I didn't feel like the players were too fatigued. Everyone seemed to skate at full energy.

Anyway, just some thoughts for now.

Last edited by Steven547; 09-15-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #22
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

I'm loving the way this set and most of all, how this game is playing. I am now 4-4-1 after losing 8-2 in Arizona! The AI pulled my starter after the 6th goal.

For those "feeling" like they are seeing too many penalties or whatever, post some stats. Too high of a shooting % by AI? What's your G save percentage and GAA?

I'll post some stats again later myself, but before this game my G had been red hot. Balance comes over time, just like in real life with the law of probability.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Balance comes over time, just like in real life with the law of probability.
Thank you! A lot of people forget that and give up on sliders after 1 or 2 bad goals/games.

Overall the game "feels" nice with your sliders and I've seen some good stats. I'm going to play a few more games and actually record the stats and post back here as well.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:15 PM   #24
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phinocio
Thank you! A lot of people forget that and give up on sliders after 1 or 2 bad goals/games.

Overall the game "feels" nice with your sliders and I've seen some good stats. I'm going to play a few more games and actually record the stats and post back here as well.
My man! Thanks, bud

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »