Home

AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2017, 02:58 PM   #17
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by foe84
not able to try yet

are these full sim style play? I have it at full sim but if these make it more realistic, im all for it with the loose pucks and stats.
Yes, you start on Full Sim and then you make the changes.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I tried this set up and honestly, I dont know how you can enjoy it. Im skating one on one with Gustav Nyqvist and some 3rd line defender and not doing anything at all other than skating and I lose the puck, Make a turn, lose the puck, try and use the right stick to stick handle, lose the puck. Im all for loose pucks and not super human puck control but it is no where near realistic.

Not to mention the idiotic AI hitting the boards and looking like fools.

Most of the game play is great but that is what really annoyed me. I changed up those things and it works so much more realistic.

Thank you for the base and for all you do in sliders, I know I griped about them but without you putting in the time, I wouldnt have a base to go off of so I thank you for your work on that.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:18 PM   #19
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
I tried this set up and honestly, I dont know how you can enjoy it. Im skating one on one with Gustav Nyqvist and some 3rd line defender and not doing anything at all other than skating and I lose the puck, Make a turn, lose the puck, try and use the right stick to stick handle, lose the puck. Im all for loose pucks and not super human puck control but it is no where near realistic.

Not to mention the idiotic AI hitting the boards and looking like fools.

Most of the game play is great but that is what really annoyed me. I changed up those things and it works so much more realistic.

Thank you for the base and for all you do in sliders, I know I griped about them but without you putting in the time, I wouldnt have a base to go off of so I thank you for your work on that.

Yeah, I understand as I know these sliders aren't for everyone, it's a bit of a drastic change for sure. On online default, we are used to be able to skate full speed, stickhandle through defenders and do sharp turns again and again without loosing the puck. To me, this isn't realistic hockey, but we all have different view of the game and it's perfectly normal. After doing it for the last few years though, I know a lot of people enjoy the kind of gameplay sliders like these may offer, even if like I said, it's not for everyone. We definitely have to adjust at first, knowing that gliding really helps while deking for example. That being said, it's good to know that you finally were able to tweak a few things from my base and that you found a game that suits your style more. The most important thing is to enjoy the game and it now seems to be the case for you too.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-18-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:47 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Yeah, I understand as I know these sliders aren't for everyone, it's a bit of a drastic change for sure. On online default, we are used to be able to skate full speed, stickhandle through defenders and do sharp turns again and again without loosing the puck. To me, this isn't realistic hockey, but we all have different view of the game and it's perfectly normal. After doing it for the last few years though, I know a lot of people enjoy the kind of gameplay sliders like these may offer, even if like I said, it's not for everyone. We definitely have to adjust at first, knowing that gliding really helps while deking for example. That being said, it's good to know that you finally were able to tweak a few things from my base and that you found a game that suits your style more. The most important thing is to enjoy the game and it now seems to be the case for you too.
Yes, Al, we love realistic hockey.

Do you notice how when you tone down CPU pass accuracy they aren't using the new passes off the boards intelligence?
Old 09-18-2017, 10:49 PM   #21
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o72
Yes, Al, we love realistic hockey.

Do you notice how when you tone down CPU pass accuracy they aren't using the new passes off the boards intelligence?
It may actually be a valid point since I don't see a lot, if any, passes off the board from AI players. I will have to try it to see if increasing CPU Pass Accuracy really helps for that matter. However, it's a bit tricky because when you raise CPU accuracy anywhere over 20, they seem to make tape to tape passes at will and finish games with 80%+ in passing, something we don't want to see either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 11:41 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
It may actually be a valid point since I don't see a lot, if any, passes off the board from AI players. I will have to try it to see if increasing CPU Pass Accuracy really helps for that matter. However, it's a bit tricky because when you raise CPU accuracy anywhere over 20, they seem to make tape to tape passes at will and finish games with 80%+ in passing, something we don't want to see either.
BadPhilanthropy has noticed the same thing.

Drogg says he is seeing the CPU use the board passes at 20 accuracy.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:30 AM   #23
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

New patch and new tuner available this morning. According to notes, a lot of things were addressed, we'll see how it plays out. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I will have a lot of time to try it this week, but I should be able to test it in details this week-end.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #24
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o72
BadPhilanthropy has noticed the same thing.

Drogg says he is seeing the CPU use the board passes at 20 accuracy.
I installed the patch few moments ago and had time to play maybe 5 minutes. Things looked good, but it was really a short amount of time, so way too early to tell. The funny thing is that I saw a CPU player making a board pass less than 2 minutes into the game lol. Maybe we were simply not paying enough attention to it, because it's not something that happens often but the CPU seems to use it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »