Home

AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 02:52 PM   #25
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: AlTito's NHL 18 Sliders

Really liking these, man. Ill probably only change the board collision as its a little ridiculous. Other than that im really digging. Beat CHI 6-5, then lost to COL 3-2 in OT when Mckinnon beat me on a breakway with under a minute to play.

Good job, as usual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #26
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Really liking these, man. Ill probably only change the board collision as its a little ridiculous. Other than that im really digging. Beat CHI 6-5, then lost to COL 3-2 in OT when Mckinnon beat me on a breakway with under a minute to play.

Good job, as usual.
Thanks man for the feedback, always appreciated. I'll be making little tweaks tonight that I've tested in the last few days and board collisions was already supposed to be one of them, so it just confirms it. If you see other things you think would need changes, don't hesitate, I trust your judgement a lot.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #27
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Sliders updated in the first post with a few tweaks...
Old 09-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #28
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

After my first full game following the patch, I can say that I really like the gameplay. It felt a bit different but nothing wrong about it at all. One thing I noticed though is that defensive skill stick seems less effective now. I was able to poke check the puck easily but found the sweep with the stick less usefull than before the patch. I will have to play more to be sure and maybe make some adjustments, since I loved the effectiveness we had before. Anyone else noticed it too?

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-19-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:31 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
After my first full game following the patch, I can say that I really like the gameplay. It felt a bit different but nothing wrong about it at all. One thing I noticed though is that defensive skill stick seems less effective now. I was able to poke check the puck easily but found the sweep with the stick less usefull than before the patch. I will have to play more to be sure and maybe make some adjustments, since I loved the effectiveness we had before. Anyone else noticed it too?
Yeh, I agree it worries me from the standpoint of how the CPU defends you. Game feels a lot easier offensively for the user now. To the point that the game has lost its specialness. I have deleted the patch and gone back to the original 1.0 version.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #30
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Other updates in the first post following the patch... Slight increase to puck control and puck reception ease.

I'm also still looking at defensive skill stick and poke checks to see if something has to be done for it too.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Always have used your sliders and they have been very fun and challenging. I will give them a try this year as per usual just waiting for the regular season to start to have an accurate roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #32
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

I had more time to test the game this week-end and you will see that I made other tweaks to the sliders in the last couple of days. It will be pretty easy for you to follow them using the updates log at the bottom of the first post.

That being said, there's one thing that I don't like since the patch and it's that defensive skill stick was tuned down. When we are defending and sweeping the stick, unfortunately now it doesn't seem to be a solid object anymore. The best part about the DSS to me was that we were able not only to break plays when touching the puck with the stick, but stick on stick collision were pretty effective too and I loved that. Right now, sticks seem to pass through other sticks and even the puck, it really depends of your positioning now. I actually had instances of me using DSS where my stick literally passed through the puck without doing anything. I went to look at the replay a couple of times, zooming on the puck, just to be sure. Whatever the position you're in, when the stick hits the puck, it's suppose to come loose, period, and it's not always the case anymore.

I tried to change a few things regarding poke checks, trying to resolve the problem, but without success. It's something sliders don't seem to be able to change unfortunately. I will look at the possibility of lowering puck control, as maybe this is the only remaining solution. Another solution would be to delete everything, the patch and tuners, however I don't want to do that since I want to be able to play online too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »