Home

TNK NHL18 All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on TNK NHL18 All-Star Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #81
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: TNK NHL18 All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Yeah I don't do any roster editing or anything, so I'm using the latest roster set from the devs. All I've done is send down Nieves and called up Carey and then edited lines my own way from there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't our 4th line better last year (in the game)? I feel like all I do with the 4th line this year is dump the puck, chase, and repeat. I can't get anything going with them this year. I have Buchnevich, Fast, and Carey on the 4th line I think.

My 4th line for my last game was Carey, Nieves and Chytl. My usual 3rd line of Grabner, Buch and Fast has been dismantled due to injuries to Grabner and Buch. Desharnais has been moved up to center that line with Vesey and Fast on the wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #82
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Been following/using your sliders for several years and I have to say these could be your best yet. The game itself is far from perfect but these sliders, along with a few of my own tweaks to fit my skill really help and make the game enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thanks guys.....yeah, game is far from perfect but I feel like the sliders I have made the game realistic and enjoyable enough for me.

I took a little break and have been really enjoying NBA 2K18 - I had not played a NBA game in 5 or 6 years and am about 20 games in with the Celtics.

I'm about to play a game in my Bruins franchise now and try to get back in a groove. I like to try and stay around the same area as the real NHL schedule, just a weird preference as I try to keep my Bruins roster close to what they are using (don't ask why)

I feel like they could make this game outstanding if they would just stabilize a few of the flaws and focus on REALISM instead of arcade type BS.

More player faces/likeness

More goalie masks

More goalie equipment

More customization/editing capability

Bring more of an element of real hockey, chip ins, dumps, board play, cycles, etc......fine tune the gameplay to be less up and down with more smart decision making

A little presentation improvements, bring back custom music for goal songs, entrances, etc.

Like I always say....every sports game should try to emulate what MLB The Show has become year in and year out
Old 12-19-2017, 06:44 AM   #83
Pro

vertman's Arena

OVR: 0

Pittsburgh at Boston(Me). Wow what a game! I have been in a real scoring funk lately thus losing my last 4 out of 5 but things are looking up. Lost to the Sharks in a shootout 1-0, then beat the devils 2-1 and then this game: I was down 3-1 at the end of the first and early in the second Pitt went ahead 4-1. I got it to 4-2 midway in the second on Carlo's second goal but it was 5-2 at the end of 2. Spooner cut it to 5-3 early in the third then Carlo cut it to 5-4 with his third of the game for the hat trick. I tied it up 5-5 with 4 minutes left on a tip in by Backes. Went to OT with no scoring and ended up winning the shootout with a goal by Belesky. Crazy game, hopefully I am out of that scoring funk and can reel off some wins. Marchand and Bergeron have been out with injuries for a few weeks but Marchand is due back next game with Bergeron on the shelf for 2 more weeks. Those are my top 2 guys so its beem a struggle to find someone to make up for the loss of offense.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:52 PM   #84
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

I intend to dive back into this game, but I've gotten hooked on NBA 2K18 using the Celtics.....and I'm not even a huge basketball fan

It's just that I'm enjoying the Celtics season so far and NBA 2k18 has had like 8 patches, they update player faces/hair/likeness, the courts get updated, etc. and the gameplay is pretty damn good, they address any issues pretty quickly and effectively....this game has been a great change of pace for me

I wish the NHL team would put that type of effort into keeping the game fresh, improving on what's there......like I have said before, they need to try and emulate MLB The Show and NBA 2K....go for realism and gameplay - that's the reason we buy sports games
Old 12-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #85
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
I intend to dive back into this game, but I've gotten hooked on NBA 2K18 using the Celtics.....and I'm not even a huge basketball fan

It's just that I'm enjoying the Celtics season so far and NBA 2k18 has had like 8 patches, they update player faces/hair/likeness, the courts get updated, etc. and the gameplay is pretty damn good, they address any issues pretty quickly and effectively....this game has been a great change of pace for me

I wish the NHL team would put that type of effort into keeping the game fresh, improving on what's there......like I have said before, they need to try and emulate MLB The Show and NBA 2K....go for realism and gameplay - that's the reason we buy sports games
Yeah I couldn't even imagine the NHL devs doing half of what MLBTS or NBA 2k devs do. Hopefully, in my lifetime I get to play an NHL game on par with MLBTS. I'm still enjoying this game creating my own universe so to speak in my league, but I definitely don't blame you for playing NBA or anything else for that matter where constant upgrades are being made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #86
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

i started to use these sliders, but I had to make a few adjustments because there were a couple things bothering me with these sliders.

1) i had to adjust passing, if you have that power of passing turned down, then all passes were the exact same speed, and it drove me nuts personally. not too mention during the grading on the pause screen. one of the offensive negative was you weren't using hard passes.

2) Another adjustment i had to make, was the difficulty of the AI, i had to bump that up to 4/6 just so the CPU gave me some challenge. because using it with these current sliders the way they are set up, i found i was just in the offensive zone majority of the game, so shot differential was way off. for example, one game i had 45 total shots at the end of the game while the CPU had 7.
Toronto Maple Leafs

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »