Home

OBG's NHL 18 Supersim Sliders (low passing percentages guaranteed)

This is a discussion on OBG's NHL 18 Supersim Sliders (low passing percentages guaranteed) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 10:27 PM   #9
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: OBG's NHL 18 Supersim Sliders (low passing percentages guaranteed)

Fixed it......
Old 09-23-2017, 10:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wonderful :P Figured I'd double check on that one lol.

Playing a game and absolutely loving these stats through 2!

https://i.imgur.com/y1yO6ND.jpg

E: I'm playing as Anaheim
Old 09-24-2017, 02:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Maybe a dumb question. Are these superstar/full sim settings to start with before changing the sliders and moving to custom? Looking forward to trying them out, thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 03:31 AM   #12
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

All Star full sim which yes, turns into custom.

Im having more fun than Ive ever had with any hockey game with these. Ill be leaving the period length at 8. Ive had games where the shots are in the low 20s and a game where both teams were at 41-36. The goaltenders in this game are probably the best theyve been in the series. You can score all kinds of goals, but both cpu and hum goalies usually are around .920. You will see bad games, but its a fair balance at scoring.

Totally enjoying this now. Play about 5 games and youll see...just really addicting.

Last edited by onlybygrace; 09-24-2017 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #13
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Gameplay looked fine.

Just one thing that I find is appalling is that 2 times in the video the CPU stands still and tries to find someone to pass to instead of just dumping it in. I guess that it has nothing to do with sliders but with how its programmed. But it looks real stupid and unrealistic.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #14
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonapaloma
Gameplay looked fine.

Just one thing that I find is appalling is that 2 times in the video the CPU stands still and tries to find someone to pass to instead of just dumping it in. I guess that it has nothing to do with sliders but with how its programmed. But it looks real stupid and unrealistic.
Cool. There is ALWAYS going to be something stupid. ALWAYS. But Ive played pretty much every hockey game ever made, and this is the pinnacle of enjoyment.

Ive learned to enjoy things for what they are. In this age of modern technology, its an artform to just simply enjoy it for what it is.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

The issue I ran I've run into is that no matter what team you play, they will have a bad passing %. This bad passing % can lead to smaller shot totals and less goals. This is great when you're playing a bad team.

However, what I usually do to test that sliders work for me is I play against Team Japan. Using these sliders, and playing as Chicago, I dominated Team Japan. I won 4-0 (low score I know). But their pass % was around 20% and they only had about 4 shots to my 47. Awesome...that's how it should be.

But, if you reverse the team control, this is where I find the issue. Playing as Team Japan, I didn't have a great pass %, but it was better. Also, due to the CPU having a low ratings for passing, Chicago had the hardest time scoring against me and putting shots on the board. I was hoping that due to the ratings of Team Japan, I would get demolished, but that isn't happening as it should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #16
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
The issue I ran I've run into is that no matter what team you play, they will have a bad passing %. This bad passing % can lead to smaller shot totals and less goals. This is great when you're playing a bad team.

However, what I usually do to test that sliders work for me is I play against Team Japan. Using these sliders, and playing as Chicago, I dominated Team Japan. I won 4-0 (low score I know). But their pass % was around 20% and they only had about 4 shots to my 47. Awesome...that's how it should be.

But, if you reverse the team control, this is where I find the issue. Playing as Team Japan, I didn't have a great pass %, but it was better. Also, due to the CPU having a low ratings for passing, Chicago had the hardest time scoring against me and putting shots on the board. I was hoping that due to the ratings of Team Japan, I would get demolished, but that isn't happening as it should.

Ill take your word for it...although the test you are running certainly has its faults. Too many variables. Besides, Ive played a much larger sample size than you woth ample video evidence that the CPU has no trouble putting plays together and passing stats are consistently at 60 percent plus or minus 5 degrees. Additionally, I and most of us play NHL vs NHL talent, so who really cares how the Blackhawks compete with Team Japan? What I do know is that the most talented players are the hardest to defend and the funnest to play as...you can feel their skill.

Thats all I care about. Not saying I dont understand the premise of your test, yeah, I get it. But you need to realize that all things considered, even your extreme test went really well. Even though a test with such a small sample size isnt a very valid experiment. Thats why I tell people to play more than one game, preferably a few.

Anyways...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »