Home

OBG's NHL 18 Supersim Sliders (low passing percentages guaranteed)

This is a discussion on OBG's NHL 18 Supersim Sliders (low passing percentages guaranteed) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: OBG's NHL 18 Supersim Sliders (low passing percentages guaranteed)

I really,really need some advice.

Your sliders are awesome, they play well statistically and i have a blast first 2 periods of the game. But...

I'm struggling on AllStar with 2 things:

- Every time when my CPU controlled player gets into fight over the puck and wins , same moment as i gain control of that player(and i mean literally same moment in most cases) , CPU snatches puck from him one way or another every single time. I have no time to even react.
And on some occasions , CPU will snatch away puck from underneath of goalies glove somehow, while he is covering it on the ice(in 3rd period exclusively)..

- In 3rd period , CPU always goes like berserk , and in combination with issue from above it makes it to a frustrating and fairly unrealistic experience . It feels like they get hidden boost on all of their stats.

I know that this is not due to your sliders , and i am not really expert in playing this game, but is there anything that can remedy these 2 issues?

I have tried to play on Pro and it was way to easy (with any sliders).

Last edited by tariq071; 09-28-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #26
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
You are a SLIDER genius. These sliders are incredible. Great work.
Thanks. Lol

Im enjoying them!!! I probably wont add new tuners unless I hear positive feedback. I dont play online so...
Old 09-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #27
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
I really,really need some advice.

Your sliders are awesome, they play well statistically and i have a blast first 2 periods of the game. But...

I'm struggling on AllStar with 2 things:

- Every time when my CPU controlled player gets into fight over the puck and wins , same moment as i gain control of that player(and i mean literally same moment in most cases) , CPU snatches puck from him one way or another every single time. I have no time to even react.
And on some occasions , CPU will snatch away puck from underneath of goalies glove somehow, while he is covering it on the ice(in 3rd period exclusively)..

- In 3rd period , CPU always goes like berserk , and in combination with issue from above it makes it to a frustrating and fairly unrealistic experience . It feels like they get hidden boost on all of their stats.

I know that this is not due to your sliders , and i am not really expert in playing this game, but is there anything that can remedy these 2 issues?

I have tried to play on Pro and it was way to easy (with any sliders).
On the first issue, I tend to take comtrol of the player in the area of the puck and not let the cpu defend for me. I wonder if this is causing you issues clearing the crease leading to your second issue. Its not a problem im seeing.

Now the CPU will push hard in the 3rd period. I dont find it unfair or unrealistic. I prepare myself to push hard in return or prepare to contain their attack and keep them to the outside as much as possible and stay in the passing and shooting lanes so that even if they begin applying pressure, i just try to outwait them and wait to takd advantage of a mistake or at least contain them. Even in the real NHL learning to close out games is a big deal. I like it.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
On the first issue, I tend to take comtrol of the player in the area of the puck and not let the cpu defend for me. I wonder if this is causing you issues clearing the crease leading to your second issue. Its not a problem im seeing.

I appreciate quick reply, but i think i didn't explain first one correctly.

- It's not just in my third but in whole rink. Ex. one of my forwards will forecheck , after CPU passes to player near him and as he gains puck, while still entangled i gain control only to lose puck at same time.And on defense lot of times i have to protect slot, and /or keep them in formation as my CPU has tendency not to do that alot.

Don't mind losing puck but this is 100% and i can't always switch fast as CPU passes.

- On the second issue, push hard is fine with me, getting possible boost is not. I guess it has to do something with CPU Strategy Adjustment slider( i think) , so i will test it myself.I do win games , despite those 2 issues , though, i win some , i lose some , which i like it.

All i am asking is if any of slider values affects that( ex Stick lift effectiveness, etc.) so i can adjust that. I haven't really play NHL since 2012 deeply , so i am not familiar with what really each slider affects gameplay itself.

Thank you
Old 09-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #29
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

I see. Ok, yes stick lift and poke check sliders could help. Maybe lower those by 5 clicks. Also when approaching a loose puck in a tight race with the cpu, poke at the puck to instantly move it to a open teammate or pass it immediately. If you attempt to gain possession and try to just start skating the puck, yes the cpu will quickly strip the puck. Moving the puck quickly is the key.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:25 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I see. Ok, yes stick lift and poke check sliders could help. Maybe lower those by 5 clicks. Also when approaching a loose puck in a tight race with the cpu, poke at the puck to instantly move it to a open teammate or pass it immediately. If you attempt to gain possession and try to just start skating the puck, yes the cpu will quickly strip the puck. Moving the puck quickly is the key.
Thank you, i'll try tweaking those 2 . I have no issues when i am approaching loose puck as i have that 1 second to react, and generally i do what you mentioned.

It's only when i get switched in middle of the fight as my guy gained control and is still entangled with CPU, as i have no chance to react so it's always loss .

I have tried to protect puck , pass it , poke it , shoot it ,skate away with it as same moment as switch occurs without any result.

In any case, I'll try to play around with those 2 sliders and see what happens.

Thank you again, i really do enjoy playing with your sliders.

P.S. I can say with certainty that CPU poke check range and accuracy are boosted in 3rd period, as it is very visible during the animation.(for example). Not a complaint, just an observation.

Last edited by tariq071; 09-28-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:03 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great great sliders!!! Thanks for making these, feels like real hockey!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 09:47 PM   #32
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Youre welcome and thank you!!! Glad youre diggin em.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »