Home

Goalie Screen Persistence

This is a discussion on Goalie Screen Persistence within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0

0-59 - goalies play smarter (also allows AI CPU for deflections easyer)

60-69 - goalies let in tones of shots from point. (moderate area)

70-100 - goalie plays better and improves goalies, helps a lot for be a pro goalie aswell and player.

so for ex-sample you can have goalie screen effect: CPU: 62 and Human: 62 and have Goalie Screen Persistence: CPU: 67 or 69 and human: 67 or 69 , your goalie will be a break wall in there and stopping everything, but will occensally let in a few.

I was playing be a pro on that type of setting it was 4-0 in third period with low shots also, it was awesome, but shots we're really low we had 20 they had 10, score was like 4-0, I woulda had a shutout.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 06-09-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Goalie Screen Persistence

Well son of a ....,i have my goalie reaction time at 65 and put persistence to 100 and now i actually feel like i'm a goalie.Making saves i'm supposed to and when they score against me i'm thinking....hell of a nice goal,not the rage bull.... ones.

Also noticed my goalie doesn't freeze in butterfly after some shots or being hit.Seems this slider does the complete opposite and alot more than what the description says.

Anyhow damn good find,from now on i'm going to just try the persistence slider first before fiddling around with the other goalie sliders.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:20 PM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: Goalie Screen Persistence

Good to Hear!, that's major breakthrough, yah I was busy configuring which sliders do this and that, when I got to that goalie screen persistence , I noticed my goalie played better, so I did it to a couple my sliders.

walla…, game was great and stuff, it really helped be a pro goalie, I noticed my reflexes as goalie had majorly improved dramatically , to the point, I had better show this to the forums of NHL 18, and I also saw the effects it had in franchise too, which was great!.

so I posted it here to see the same reaction I had to see I wasn't just imagining things, am slider dude, that's what I do I sacrifice whole season to, to see what sliders do this and that, to see what effects it had in whole game and sim engine.

several more discovery's along the way:

game speed: 1 and player acceleration: CPU: 25 and Human: 25

deking impact: 70-100
spin deking: 70-100
skating impact: 70-100

helps your team win more apparently, but do keep in mind , have to have right settings for it work through, for it to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »