Home

AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

I’m trying to get realistic stats I play 7 min periods I tend to outshoot the AI every game and because I’m only giving up 17-22 shots a game and my goalie gives up 2-3 goals my save % is never gonna be 90%. Do u know what I could adjust slider wise to allow the cpu to shoot more? I have cpu difficulty and strategy on 6/6 and using tuner 1.01
Old 10-26-2018, 07:57 AM   #90
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul5287
I’m trying to get realistic stats I play 7 min periods I tend to outshoot the AI every game and because I’m only giving up 17-22 shots a game and my goalie gives up 2-3 goals my save % is never gonna be 90%. Do u know what I could adjust slider wise to allow the cpu to shoot more? I have cpu difficulty and strategy on 6/6 and using tuner 1.01
Forcing the CPU to simply shoot more is not really possible slider wise. I don't know which difficulty you're using but since you're having CPU difficulty adjustment at 6/6, to make the CPU stronger, maybe increase the difficulty level while lowering the CPU difficulty adjustment to 0 or 1. An increase to CPU puck control may also be another option, even if it's hard to say because I don't know exactly what you're using. And since the CPU would be stronger, hopefully shooting more, then an increase to human goalie may also be needed to balance it out.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-26-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:06 PM   #91
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Are you installing the patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2018, 08:56 PM   #92
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Yes, it's mandatory, so we don't really have the choice. I've only played one game with it so far, things seem a bit different for sure, but fortunately nothing looks out of whack either. I will have more time to play this weekend, so I will then have a better idea gameplay wise. After that, I may come back saying that finally the patch is pretty bad, but for now, so far so good. And I still use tuner 1.01 by the way.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:33 PM   #93
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Yes, it's mandatory, so we don't really have the choice. I've only played one game with it so far, things seem a bit different for sure, but fortunately nothing looks out of whack either. I will have more time to play this weekend, so I will then have a better idea gameplay wise. After that, I may come back saying that finally the patch is pretty bad, but for now, so far so good. And I still use tuner 1.01 by the way.
1.1 feels better w/ the patch. Seeing improved positioning.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:01 AM   #94
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

I unfortunately didn't have as much time as I would have liked to test the game this weekend. I don't think I will have much time tomorrow either, so I'll probably have to wait until next weekend. So far, I don't have a lot of negative things to say, except maybe for goalies. It seems like I saw more fluke and bad goals given by the goalies so far in the games I played post patch. I thought goalies were pretty solid before patch, so I simply hope it was only a coincidence today, but I'm really not sure about it. I will be able to talk about it more in about a week or two.

By the way, I saw today after looking at thread's views out of curiosity that there is a bug with the number of views for every threads on OS forums. In fact, the number of views displayed right now is simply the number of posts in the thread. It's not that big of an issue, but it looks like a pretty basic one to resolve, I don't know if admins are actually aware of it or not?

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-28-2018 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:59 PM   #95
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

OVR: 0

First time caller, long time listener- I absolutely love the sliders. I’ve tried using OS sliders before but it usually takes me 4-5 months of tweaking them to fit my play so it’s actually fun to play winning and losing games.

My problem is that I’m getting a ton of 2-1 games (win or loss) and while I think it’s a blast, I want to see more goals so my players are competitive with the league in points, in franchise.

I just wanted to make sure so i figured I’d ask the experts - if I evenly lower all my goalie sliders (besides cover/pass) is that going to give me what I’m trying to see?
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 05:22 PM   #96
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
First time caller, long time listener- I absolutely love the sliders. I’ve tried using OS sliders before but it usually takes me 4-5 months of tweaking them to fit my play so it’s actually fun to play winning and losing games.

My problem is that I’m getting a ton of 2-1 games (win or loss) and while I think it’s a blast, I want to see more goals so my players are competitive with the league in points, in franchise.

I just wanted to make sure so i figured I’d ask the experts - if I evenly lower all my goalie sliders (besides cover/pass) is that going to give me what I’m trying to see?
One possibility would be to increase period length a bit. Another would be in fact to lower the Goalie Reaction Speed slider. Maybe an increase to puck control could help too, depending of what you're using right now. Gameplay may then be altered a bit though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »