Home

AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #33
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13
Stumble threshold- the amount a player will stumble. Fall and stumble-adjusts the amount a player will fall and stumble. Increasing the slider result in more falls and stumble falls
Thanks a lot!
Old 09-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Created a team out of Euros not in the game and some players from the other high up clubs national leagues and tried a game with the sliders you have. I liked the sliders for the most part last year which is why Im trying yours and overall the game was ok I guess, was a 3 to 0 loss to the Ducks but sadly, the same old issues with EA games always seems to rear its ugly head from time to time.

Penalties were ok, I took more just because of a 5 minute major on a completely clean hit that resulted in an injury that I find annoying but it is what it is. it was 23 minutes for me, 10 minutes for them and 6 of them came at the end of the game for them so I had my PP chances. I liked that overall. Shots were 21 to 16 but again, most of mine came later in the game and I was completely dominated by the AI and their super aggressive play. No matter who had the puck for me, their guy was way faster, hit like a truck and just ripped the puck off of me before I could even react.

TOA was for them, 7 mins to 3:45 because they just get in the zone and pass it around playing keep away until they decide to shoot. This is what made me leave NHL 18 franchise last season. I get they are looking for the perfect play but when they have the puck in the zone for a long time, someone shout shoot, they pass up a lot of average opportunities for a perfect play. Nothing about the sliders, just the way the game is I guess.

Overall, the stats were similar in most spots which is great. Nice to have the AI play well too, dont get me wrong but they are so far overpowered sometimes its sickening. The biggest complaint I have had in these games is the ability to hit the net. My god, so many of my shots go so far wide that they wouldnt hit a soccer net. Is this just me?

Anyways, good job on the sliders. Im going to keep trying at least a few games to see if I can do something with them and try to enjoy franchise.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:55 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 6

Can't wait to try your sliders.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 11:00 PM   #36
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

I have used most of your settings with minor tweaks, thanks for them.

Just a couple that really stand out to me, maybe I just want a different feel to my game?

For stumble threshold and fall and stumble I found the settings to be too high and what was happening was everyone felt like they were just learning how to skate, definitely not looking like nhl players .
I have stumble 50 , fall and stumble 30 and to me they look and feel better.

I have also reduced tripping to 30. So far I find the refs are calling tons of tripping on both me and the cpu compared to any other penalty. On 30 it's better, may need to reduce more.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #37
Rookie

isildrae's Arena

OVR: 0

Loving your sliders again this year. Made some of my own tweaks...mainly to puck control. Found that even when I play passively on the power play, the AI was struggling to pass the puck around the zone.

Just two little things I'm trying to change...

1. Tone down the hitting a little. I had Letestu absolutely level Ristolainen on a fairly standard head on collision. Made me chuckle.

Last thing is the same as someone above mentioned. Shot totals are tricky. Reluctant to just play longer periods, but that may be one solution.

Loving your work.

Last edited by isildrae; 09-18-2018 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Damn you auto-correct
Old 09-18-2018, 09:18 PM   #38
Just started!

OVR: 0

I tried these sliders out for the first time tonight and they seem to play really nice. I do have a question though. I'm fairly new to NHL 19 and haven't played an NHL game in a few years and was struggling even on All-Star, my passing is all over the place, I can't gain the offensive zone at all and the other team is all over me. Any suggestions for sliders I could bump down to still get realistic gameplay but be able to actually play while I'm still figuring out the game?
Old 09-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #39
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren111
I tried these sliders out for the first time tonight and they seem to play really nice. I do have a question though. I'm fairly new to NHL 19 and haven't played an NHL game in a few years and was struggling even on All-Star, my passing is all over the place, I can't gain the offensive zone at all and the other team is all over me. Any suggestions for sliders I could bump down to still get realistic gameplay but be able to actually play while I'm still figuring out the game?
You may try the sliders on Pro difficulty instead of All-Star and see if it's better suited for you right now as you are trying to get used to the game.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:27 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
You may try the sliders on Pro difficulty instead of All-Star and see if it's better suited for you right now as you are trying to get used to the game.
I usually do that as well until I get better during the season.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »