Home

AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-25-2018, 04:00 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

Had to reboot my Oilers season because I messed up the rosters and Karlsson was still on the Sens so I started over and the first game I played was again, vs the Devils but what a good game. Nothing too crazy happened by my team played way better this game. We won a 4 to 0 game and the total shots wwre 32-20 for me. Hits were 22 for me and 15 for them but they were all gassed by the end because of 2 injuries to forwards. You coulld see the fatigue when Draisaitl scored after stripping the puck from a Dman and roofing it over Schneider. I didnt see a whole lot of McDavid being way better than anyone though sadly as all the players seemed about the same no matter who it was.

After years of hating playing vs the AI, I think I can actually get into Franchise mode this season. Great job!
Old 09-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #58
Rookie

Smutka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
These sliders are excellent and I've played about 15 games in my expansion franchise. My only issue is scoring all-around is super low. Grubauer has been excellent for me but the CPU is getting 0-2 goals per game at most and I'm lucky to get 3. My forwards are not very skilled so it makes sense but may have to drop goalie sliders a hair.
Same problem.. but playing Season mode Finnish Liiga on all star 8min and CPU shots in games are just about 10-20 Max. There is lot of missed shots from open nets, supreme goalie saves from one Timers and lot of penalties from CPU...especially trippin and hooking.

Games: 1-0, 3-2 OT, 2-3 OT, 0-2, 2-4

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-26-2018, 01:06 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 4

14 games into my franchise with these and i seem to be having different outcomes that most.

scoring is good. computer will score if i'm sloppy, i will go on spurts of either destroying them or not being able to score anything

penalties are on the high side, i've been short handed 15 times more than the next team where as i've been on the powerplay 2 most in the league. (my penalties are mostly tripping, where cpu teammates will get hooking 3+ times a game. this is also with me finding out the rules didn't save and penalties are only 3/4

lastly i feel like i can not hit at all. the cpu will check me in open ice regularly with no momentum behind them and i will lose the puck, where as when i try to hit the cpu isn't as effected like me or can go right around me with a crazy amount of agility.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:36 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 16

Anyone else playing these on PRO? I'm getting decent results (position lock). I almost feel like PRO is the "even" field this year. But I do have the attribute effect slider at 8, so that could be helping.

The only issue I have is the pass %. The CPU is usually around 60% and my guys are above 80%. I might even these out and see what happens.

UPDATE: Maybe PRO is not the even. I just played as Chicago against Ottawa as position lock. Out shot them 45 - 12, but I only was able to win 2-1.

Last edited by Steven547; 09-28-2018 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:07 PM   #61
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

I updated the first post with two small tweaks to penalties. I lowered delay of game and hooking since I saw these penalties too often to my taste.

I'm having pretty good results so far, I have to say that I like the game a lot.

I'm still messing with the fatigue recovery though, switching between 40 and 35. I'm still not sure if I'll make a change or not. I find it a bit hard so far to find the happy medium between a realistic fatigue rate and having the right game pace. I'll keep you informed if I make an update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 07:23 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

Your tweaks just fixed the only minor issues I've mentioned in my previous post, so I'm glad you came to the same conclusion as I did. Your sliders are fantastic and definitely feels like real hockey, awesome job.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:04 AM   #63
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smutka
Same problem.. but playing Season mode Finnish Liiga on all star 8min and CPU shots in games are just about 10-20 Max. There is lot of missed shots from open nets, supreme goalie saves from one Timers and lot of penalties from CPU...especially trippin and hooking.

Games: 1-0, 3-2 OT, 2-3 OT, 0-2, 2-4

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Operation Sports mobile app
Same here, I upped the minutes to 9 and that gives realistic shot totals but the goals are really low. I'm going to try and leave goalie reaction time at the default 50
Old 09-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon4 Re: AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

seeing alot of delay of game penalties with these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »