Home

AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-29-2018, 01:18 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: AlTito's NHL 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan75
seeing alot of delay of game penalties with these.
I actually put the tripping penalties around 35 and lowered the delay of game about 10 notches. I still see the penalty, but not a lot like before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 11:14 AM   #66
Just started!

OVR: 0

Love these Tito, thank you!

One question: I still do not feel like attribute effects are correct. Do you know an easy way to affect this outside of the main slider? I can certainly bump it up but I'm trying to find the best way to get the "McDavid effect." I want to be scared to death when he's breaking in.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:48 PM   #67
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloehring
Love these Tito, thank you!

One question: I still do not feel like attribute effects are correct. Do you know an easy way to affect this outside of the main slider? I can certainly bump it up but I'm trying to find the best way to get the "McDavid effect." I want to be scared to death when he's breaking in.
I found the only way to get the McDavid effect is to put attribute effects to 10...maybe you don't have to go that high but he sure stands out at 10
Old 10-04-2018, 08:28 AM   #68
Rookie

IlliniOne82's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Anyone else playing these on PRO? I'm getting decent results (position lock). I almost feel like PRO is the "even" field this year. But I do have the attribute effect slider at 8, so that could be helping.

The only issue I have is the pass %. The CPU is usually around 60% and my guys are above 80%. I might even these out and see what happens.

UPDATE: Maybe PRO is not the even. I just played as Chicago against Ottawa as position lock. Out shot them 45 - 12, but I only was able to win 2-1.
Same about the pass %. I couldnít cut it with these sliders on All Star so went to pro and quickly realized I had to put the CPU passing up to 50. I also altered a few of the puck handling sliders slightly to give the CPU more control. Now Iím having a blast with these in my franchise mode. Only other change I may make is lowering goalie sliders a tad. Penalties and shot totals are good but scoring is a little low. Through about 20 games Iím averaging about 2.00 in both GF and GA.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #69
Rookie

The first game with these sliders was great but the 2nd game was quite the anomaly. The Stars just kept taking penalties and I ran up the score. For pretty much half of the 2nd period I was on a 5-3 PP. Ended up getting 70+ shots and currently sit at 22 total powerplays after 2 games.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #70
Rookie

Hi AlTito, so I used these sliders with a few minor changes that I made I want your opinion on what I can do to make them better. So Iím playing on all star with 10 minute periods I bumped up puck control to 5, hitting power to 40, cpu penalties to 80 and human tripping to 30. I like these sliders but a few issues and I want to know what I should do to make them better because I want to start franchise mode but not until I can get them 100% to my liking. One is that the penalties are still mostly tripping last game the cpu took 7 penalties and 5 were tripping I took 4 penalties and 2 were tripping, I like the sloppy puck control but when I try deking with guys like Bergeron or Marchand they lose the puck most of the time, would an increase in attribute effect help this? Also for the hitting I out hit the cpu 27 to 15 and I noticed a lot of huge hits on my end, I must of had like 10-12 huge checks, any way I can get a few less big hits but still be hitting in the 20 range as well as getting the cpu to hit a little more? Last thing anyway to get more
fighting like in real life and more post whistle penalties?
Old 10-11-2018, 06:23 PM   #71
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexylexy
Hi AlTito, so I used these sliders with a few minor changes that I made I want your opinion on what I can do to make them better. So I’m playing on all star with 10 minute periods I bumped up puck control to 5, hitting power to 40, cpu penalties to 80 and human tripping to 30. I like these sliders but a few issues and I want to know what I should do to make them better because I want to start franchise mode but not until I can get them 100% to my liking. One is that the penalties are still mostly tripping last game the cpu took 7 penalties and 5 were tripping I took 4 penalties and 2 were tripping, I like the sloppy puck control but when I try deking with guys like Bergeron or Marchand they lose the puck most of the time, would an increase in attribute effect help this? Also for the hitting I out hit the cpu 27 to 15 and I noticed a lot of huge hits on my end, I must of had like 10-12 huge checks, any way I can get a few less big hits but still be hitting in the 20 range as well as getting the cpu to hit a little more? Last thing anyway to get more
fighting like in real life and more post whistle penalties?
Only suggestions, but here they are:
Lower CPU Tripping (penalties section) to 40 or even 30
Lower Skating Impact (puck control section) to 20
Lower Human Hitting Power (checking section) to 30

As for fights, there aren't a lot of them anymore in real life, so I'm not sure they should be increased in the game to be honest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #72
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Tuner 1.02 included this change:
Improved consistency of blocking incidental stick contact if the stick collided with body geo first

Like I said on the main board, I don't like this change at all, at least on paper. I didn't have time to test it yet, but it really not sounds good, so I think I will stick with Tuner 1.01 until I'm able to test the new tuner from top to bottom.

I think stick collisions were pretty good like they were. If something, incidental stick contacts should have been increased, not lowered. This is a huge part of playing good positional hockey on defense.

In fact, we should definitely have the ability to play with full stick collision detection offline if we want to, with a slider going from 0 to 100 for example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »