Home

Glenn's In pursuit of realism sliders

This is a discussion on Glenn's In pursuit of realism sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Glenn's In pursuit of realism sliders

Updates on the first page!
Old 10-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #10
Rookie

Testing with the new tuner (1.02) and sliders on the 1st page...

8 min periods with Superstar difficulty and AI difficulty adjustment to 6

Pacific All-Stars (AI) - Metro All-Stars (Me) - Game 1

Final - 7 - 6
Hits - 24 -16
TOA - 5:36 - 5:47
Passing - 79.7% - 77.1%
Faceoffs - 24 - 20
Powerplays - 3 - 7

Game 2 same teams

Final - 4 (AI) - 6 (me)
Hits - 23-4
TOA - 6:21 - 5:40
Passing - 77% - 75%
Faceoffs - 24-15
Powerplays - 2-3

*I raised AI goalie save reaction time and cross crease just a few to 3 from 0 (still testing)

*Lowered preparedness effect to 42 ai and 41 me (trying to limit big hits per game)
*Raised broken stick to 55 from 50 (saw only 2 broken sticks thru both games so far)
*A few penalty adjustments (noted on 1st page)

Last edited by nascarman99; 10-12-2018 at 02:06 PM. Reason: additions
Old 10-13-2018, 02:57 AM   #11
Rookie

3rd game...Same teams

2 (AI) - 5 (Me)

hits - 26-7
TOA - 5:30 - 5:22
Passing - 81.4%-76.4%
Faceoffs - 33-19
Powerplays - 4-12

*I need to adjust the amount of powerplays I receive...12 is way too much in a game.
*I might try to make the game a bit sloppier to lower passing percentages down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2018, 05:27 AM   #12
Rookie

Okay there's alot to take in after the 4th game I played. First, I went back to the 1.00 tuner. To me, 1.00 played better than the most recent tuners but I will test it some more. If you are reading this, please try superstar with ai difficulty set to 6. Superstar is indeed a challenge but I've gotten used to it and even won some games.

The 4th game

Pacific All-Stars (AI) - Metro All-Stars (Me)

Final: 5-4
Shots: 29-32

Hits: 16-9
TOA: 6:08-4:44
Passing: 79.3%-77.3%
Faceoffs: 23-18
Powerplays: 6-4

To wrap up this 4 game testing series, here's the overall stats with the AI being the first value and mine being the 2nd with the goal of making the values close to mine (I want the AI to play as close to a human as possible):

Goals - 18-21
Shots - Just realized I didn't put down the shots for the past 3 games lol I'm an idiot. I do know they were close though and low to mid 30's per game
hits - 89-36 - I need to adjust this as the AI is out hitting me by alot. This is due to my aggression slider for the AI being 100.
hits per game - 22.2 - 9 - I want to be somewhere in the 25 hit per game range to keep it realistic but without too many big hits

TOA - 22:55 - 20:53
Passing average for 4 games - 79.3% - 76.4% - I may make the game sloppier to lower the percentages but than again these were the all-star teams.

Faceoff wins - 104 - 72 - I want the AI to have the advantage in this so it can raise their TOA
Powerplays - 15 - 26 - Need to make some changes to make the AI have more powerplay time. (I never thought I'd say that, usually its the other way around)
Powerplays per game - 3.75 - 6.5 - Yeah, I have too many powerplays.

Sliders are updated on the first page!
Old 10-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #13
Rookie

gp005's Arena

I tried your idea with the low speed rating and I really liked what I saw... I like how you see the players legs hustling... definitely gives it an authentic feel to the game
Old 10-17-2018, 07:57 AM   #14
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

I’m very curious about your skating speed settings. It’s always so hard to get that good skating “feel” but maybe with the new skating engine your setting do the trick. I’m pretty happy with the other sliders I’ve been using so I may just try your skating sliders and hope it doesn’t throw anything I already have to out of whack.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-17-2018, 07:58 AM   #15
Rookie

Thanks gp005! Major changes on the first page so bear with me on this...I'm currently testing game speed to 6, upping player accel for ai/me up to 50 while moving skating speed down to 0 for both ai and me. Also attribute effects to 10.

I'm trying to make the game feel organic and natural. I have noticed better collisions and more realistic physics with the skating speed to 0 because I am just using the game speed setting to dictate the overall flow/speed of players in the game. What i'm trying to tell you is that for example, If i keep the game speed at the default 3 but lets say skating speed to 100...that doesn't match up with the game speed. It causes weird physics because the game is essentially not in game speed 3 anymore it's at like 8 or 9 which is off the charts. This is just my personal thinking obviously and I could be wayyyyyy off. I would love anyone's thoughts on this

Last edited by nascarman99; 10-17-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 02:01 PM   #16
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Just gave these a whirl. I like the way most of the game felt. One thing I’d definitely change is the fatigue recovery. Even though the lines get tired with effect at 100 they recovered too quickly so I didn’t need to roll all 4 lines. I’ll try getting in some more time with the overall set though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »