Home

Glenn's In pursuit of realism sliders

This is a discussion on Glenn's In pursuit of realism sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #65
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Glenn's In pursuit of realism sliders

Aggression at 100 scares me a little. I feel it’ll give me no time at all to set up anything and all I’d be doing is shooting off the rush, which I don’t want. Actually the main reason I prefer a little slower game is so I can see the plays happening and have time to react. My hand/eye coordination isn’t what it used to be lol. I don’t think an overaggressive CPU team will help that at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 07:21 PM   #66
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

Re: Glenn's In pursuit of realism sliders

Keeping everything the same except for a few small adjustments. Aggression 52/52, game speed 3, fatigue recovery to 30/30, and hitting assistance to 20. Penalties I haven’t touched so I’m guessing they’re at default unless I’ve adjusted them previously. Seeing some different goalie animations with the low settings. Games overall have been great. Going to keep playing and adjusting things that seem off but right now I like where everything is.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:38 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

@Bleacher Creature....good reads my man, I am feeling a lot better tonight so I should get some good testing in. You're at game speed 3 with accel and player speed at 14? and yeah you are absolutely right about seeing new animations with low goalie settings.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:45 AM   #68
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarman99
@Bleacher Creature....good reads my man, I am feeling a lot better tonight so I should get some good testing in. You're at game speed 3 with accel and player speed at 14? and yeah you are absolutely right about seeing new animations with low goalie settings.

Yeah, game speed 3, player speed and accel at 14. That setting fits my style perfectly.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Yeah, game speed 3, player speed and accel at 14. That setting fits my style perfectly.

Thats awesome Bleacher Creature! Yeah it's really up to you guys what speed you like that fits your style. I just tried my speed settings (game speed 6 with accel/player speed 14) on true broadcast and it's absolutely realistic looking. Also, I just finished two games tonight with aggression to 100 for the cpu only (user still 0 because i'm the one who controls how aggressive I am) and the cpu seemed to pinch a little better but not insane like. I thought by putting AE to max with cpu aggression to 100 would make the ai insane but it's totally not the case. I did notice by putting the aggression way up it alleviated the skating in mud or stuck weird animation that I saw with aggression on 0. In fact, I didn't see that at all the past two games. Why would moving aggression up alleviate that? I have no idea. Sticking with 1.00 for now as well until ea can put out a decent patch.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:12 AM   #70
Rookie

My next task will be passing. I want the speed of the passes to be perfect as well as the passing percentages. It's not bad how it is (min 30, max 50, saucer 40) but I really want to nail every aspect of every slider. Is it playable? absolutely...and percentages are roughly in the low to mid 70's every game with the sliders I'm using which is fine. I am a perfectionist though and just fine isn't enough for me. Goodnight guys!

- Glenn
Old 10-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Keep up the work man...i've driven myself crazy with sliders since it's release, i need to be happy with something soon...hahah
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2018, 05:19 PM   #72
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

I’m beginning to wonder if EA’s sliders for this game are like a treasure chest lock? Everyone struggles to find the one set that plays a great game of hockey but many of us find those few things that just aren’t right. Maybe there is the absolute perfect slider setting out there and when you find it you get some sort of notification congratulating you on unlocking the greatest most authentic hockey game ever known. I clearly have way too much time on my hands to even think this. But hey, you never know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »